[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many rabit vegans in here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: cooked spinach.jpg (18 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
cooked spinach.jpg
18 KB, 350x262
Why are there so many rabit vegans in here?
>>
Not to detract from the thread but are you referring to "rabbit" vegans as in those who eat mostly raw vegetables, or "rabid" vegans who are overzealous with their lifestyle?
>inb4 What's the difference?

Either way, veganism is thankfully becoming trendy. Bad news is that with that trend most people treat it as the new "get thin quick" scheme.

TL;DR It's a (now) long running "trend".
>>
why cant vegetables be more filling and tastier that way we wouldn't have to eat meat?
>>
>rabit vegans
>>
>>7298776
My vegetables are very filling and tasty with butter and bacon fat. If you're vegan, olive oil works, too. Cooking and seasoning vegetables well, making sure to use fats transforms dull food into excellent meals.
>>
>>7298695
Did you mean rabid or rabbit?
>>
File: Rapid vegans.jpg (16 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
Rapid vegans.jpg
16 KB, 249x202
>>7298782
>rapid vegans

Vroom vroom
>>
>>7298747
It makes me chuckle when I see a fat vegan that I know must be constantly eating bread and nuts.
I can get the hate for vegans as well, I got joined to a Facebook group so I could look up some recipes and ask for some advice, but by god how some of these fucking people love their circlejerks and no-true-Scotsman arguments.
>>
>>7299399
Vegans can't eat bread though.
>>
>>7298695
We Troll 2 now.
>>
>>7299408
Why's that Anon? Is the yeast magically alive or some shit?
>>
>>7299415
All commercially-available wheat is gathered by combine harvesters.
Combine harvesters run on diesel.
Diesel is dead animals.
>>
>>7299426
That doesn't mean they can't bread.

The bread is not made from anything with animals
>>
>>7299415
>Is the yeast magically alive or some shit?

It's not "magically" alive, it is alive. It's a living thing.
>>
>>7299426
You're confusing a diet with something else Anon.
>>
>>7299465
So is kale.
>>
>>7299483
Yes. And?
>>
>>7299484
And carrots.

But seriously, it's obvious he meant animal life, which yeast is not, and I was implying you were being picky by insisting that he specify what was apparent.
>>
>>7298695

Because everyone just watched Cowspiracy and listened to Joe Rogan Experience #750.
>>
>>7298695

Who gives a shit? Just ignore these mentally ill faggots. Veganism is a cancer that will end itself, we just needn't worry about it.
>>
>>7299465
Yeast belongs to the kingdom fungi, not animalia. It's not an animal, so yeah, vegans can eat it. Ones that claim they can't are spewing next level bullshit.
>>
File: Osteoporosis.jpg (473 KB, 1047x757) Image search: [Google]
Osteoporosis.jpg
473 KB, 1047x757
>have female friend who went vegan
>a year later she gets diagnosed with osteo because she wasnt getting enough calcium, then drops being vegan
>have another female friend who goes vegan
>ask what she does for calcium
>she gives this whole list of shit that has calcium

i didnt know spinach had calcium
>>
>>7299686
It has calcium to make up for all that iron it doesn't actually have.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 600x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 600x741
>>7299506
This.
Carnivore,Omnivore, Pescetarian and Vegan tell you about a person's diet, not about what you would consider to be sentient or alive.

For example I don't give a shit about insects and will happily eat insect products, but my housemate does and so will, but we're both classified as vegans since we both do not consume anything from the animal kingdom.
>>
>>7299506

Wait what? Fungi, plants etc are alive even though they are not animals.
>>
>>7299686
That's why you have to supplement that shit with calcium, if you go vegan without properly planning out your diet and then tracking your health via a health care advisor (GP, nutritionist or whatever) you are on a slow painful road to hurting yourself.
>>
>>7299741
But insects are in the animal kingdom.
A five second Google search would tell you that.
>>
>>7299786
They're not cute though so vegans don't give a shit about them.
>>
File: Potato.jpg (147 KB, 1098x960) Image search: [Google]
Potato.jpg
147 KB, 1098x960
>>7298776
>>
globalist new world propaganda to feminize men through the vegan diet. Easier resistance when they execute order 66
>>
>>7299807
what the fuck is this shit? I'm a vegetarian and I don't find fish, cows or insects cute and I still don't eat them.

educate yourself m8
>>
>>7298776
blame the people who are afraid of gmo food, and science in general
>>
>>7299426
I believe that's halal tho???
>>
>>7299855
Do you honestly believe insects are aware?
>>
What the fuck does it matter if whatever you want to eat was under control of a conciousness or not, when the stuff is ultimately made out of all the same ingredients in different combinations like everything else in this universe.

t: trying vegan after watching cowspiracy and latest JRE
>>
>>7299434
Its an argument for hard core hipster vegans. I had a friend who could allow himself to eat animal products if they were just going to go to waste anyway, thus nullifying his actual cause for its death or discomfort.
>>
I don't understand why we can't breed and use animals as long as we don't torture them

It's not like farmers are going out and kidnapping animals with families and ambitions and we'd have to hunt the same number of animals even if people weren't eating them

I remember some retard on reddit said nature would sort itself out if we stopped hunting. So naive
>>
Animal husbandry is a leading cause for greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption.
>>
>>7299932
oh shit, peak water?
>>
i am 100% in support of the vegan/vegitarian concept of dont eat something with a face. The road is littered with very unhealthy vegans who had to start eating meat or die. Be smart, and at least eat eggs regularly please. There are plenty of places to get eggs from happy healthy chickens. pic related
>>
>>7299932
>Animal husbandry is a leading cause for greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption.

Luckily both of those are nonproblems made up by eco-mentalist hysterics.
>>
>>7299426
By that logic they wouldn't be allowed to eat any produce that isn't locally grown either, because it's shipped in diesel-fueled trucks.
>>
>>7299932
LOL NO
O
L

N
O
>>
>>7299434
there's a certain amount of insect and rodent parts in all food
to be a true vegan you must abstain completely
>>
>>7300559
are they happy because they get to climb Mt.TwoByFour?
>>
>>7300559
According to vegans domestic animals are only happy when they're dead
>>
Meat, vegetables... it's all the same shit to me. I can make something taste absolutely fantastic, and I know it tastes fantastic, but I also have a numb sense of taste gratification if that makes any sense. Could be the tastiest thing I've ever ate in the world and it would still only give me a monotonous feeling of satisfaction. So instead I just try and eat healthy. Meat for two or three meals a week, and vegetables for the rest.
>>
>>7299925
>I don't understand why we can't breed and use animals as long as we don't torture them
Because 1. that phyisically cannot happen. It's simply impossible to make sure every stablishment ever treats animals properly when even the so called free-range barely do so, and 2. it's still wrong to breed someone just to exploit them (can I have a kid just to enslave them?)

>we'd have to hunt the same number of animals even if people weren't eating them
We have to hunt nothing. Animals on the wild, for a big part, are carnivores. We are not.
>>
>>7300564
>number 1 and 2 enviormental problems are not a problem at all
Jesus Christ the lenghts people go to to justify their shit...
>>
>>7300995
Then the problem is apparently the laws and regulations of your country. Luckily some of us live in civilized countries where we don't torture cattle

Hunting would be necessary for ecological reasons. There's really no question about it
>>
>>7300559
>who had to start eating meat or die.
Are you implying that you die if you don't eat meat? Are you fucking retarded?

>>7300941
This is not true at all. God damn why do people keep purpoting as stereotype just to fuck with us. Are you a vegan? No? Then how do you know this? Did you conclude this or did someone literally tell you this? And if they did, at, best, this is anecdotal evidence. Fuck you.
>>
>>7301007
>luckily some of us live in civilized countries where we don't torture cattle
How fucking demented are you? What country is this? It doesn't exist. Do you believe everything they tell you on TV?
>there's really no question about it.
What do you think will happen if we let nature sort itself? Not to mention, we aren't, by any means, helping nature for ecological reasons, when animal farming is the #1 REASON why the enviorment is fucked.
>>
>>7301020
You're arguing with simple facts. There's really nothing you can say to refute me
>>
>>7301020
>What do you think will happen if we let nature sort itself?
animals go back to fighting and dying for no reason?
>>
>>7299399

Whole grain bread is satisfying and doesn't make you fat even if you eat it multiple times every day. It's usually what you put on your bread that makes you fat
>>
>>7301063
>for no reason
animals fight and kill in the wild to feed themselves, anon, that's not really "no reason"
>>
>>7301011
I guess they're just talking about PETA and their penchant for killing pets.
>>
>>7301063
There wouldn't be much fighting since we've pushed so much of carnivores out and balanced herbivores at a level where they aren't causing problems for us humans but still plentiful enough for us to hunt for food

Not hunting and maintaining our infrastructure are two things that are impossible together
>>
>>7301069
it's an arbitrary reason, there is no meaning behind their lives if you just ignore them in the wild
>>
>>7301069
Wrong. Chimpanzees kill each other all the time for the most inane bullshit. Sometimes males from one troop will go into another troops territory just to kill a few before leaving. Other times they kill a member of their own troop for little reason.

And Lions will snap the backs of other predators just so they don't have competition.

Wild pack animals that have an alpha male? When he is disposed the new alpha will kill any young that are not his. This has nothing to do with food whatsoever
>>
>>7301090
>Chimpanzees kill each other all the time for the most inane bullshit
but humans aren't involved so that makes it okay because humans are evil
>>
File: chickens2.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
chickens2.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7301011
>Are you implying that you die if you don't eat meat? Are you fucking retarded?
100% of people who eat vegan will die within 8 months without supplementation. You will see vegans eating all kinds of crazy shit to avoid dying due to nutrient deficiency. My personal favorite is "nutritional yeast". These assholes grow yeast in vats of molasses then dry it out into flakes. Fun fact, there is more MSG in nutritional yeast than two boxes of moo goo gai pan take out. But keep on being 'healthy'.

40% of humans lack the enzymes nessicary to convery the omega 3s in flax/chia into usable EPA and DHA. They are forced to find fishless fish oil. B12 is the one that fucks up the most vegans. a simple egg will solve the problem, but these assholes end up needing to take a shot to get it, because its oral bioavailability is basically zero in supplement form. Nerve damage and dementia are the two most common vegan problems seen here.

If your diet can literally kill you within 8 months, then maybe your "diet" isnt actually a diet at all, but a suicide plan?

>>7300936
>are they happy because they get to climb Mt.TwoByFour?
There is literally nothing in the world that makes a chicken happier than roosting. They also sleep on Mt2x4 by choice. I provide stumps, 2x4 contructions and even a dowel swing for my birds. go look up "chicken swing" on youtube and tell me that they arent McLoving that
>>
>>7298695
I went vegan because my diet used to be shit. I realized that the only foods I really binged on include dairy. Things like ice cream, cheese, baked goods, etc.

By going vegan I've lost weight and my diet is so much more balanced.
>>
>>7301065
>Whole grain bread is satisfying and doesn't make you fat even if you eat it multiple times every day. I

please do me a favor and go into your kitchen and look at your 'healthy' whole wheat bread and tell me what the third ingredient is. "High Fructose Corn Syrup". Bet you didnt realize that, didja? You know why they dump sugar by the bucketful into whole wheat bread? Maybe you dont know as much about this 'fat free eat all you want' sugar delivery device.
>>
>>7302003
i eat cheese pretty much every day and i'm not overweight, i'm closer to being underweight than over. if cutting out entire food groups make your diet more balanced, that's a personal issue and not an issue with the food itself.
>>
my rabbit pretends to be a raw vegan but i catch her sneaking dog kibble all the time
>>
>>7301999
>Nerve damage and dementia are the two most common vegan problems seen here.
>dementia [is a] common vegan problem

It's all starting to become clear.
>>
>>7302029
not everyone is american
>>
I doubt there are any actual vegans on here anon, you are just getting taken for a ruse cruise.
>>
>>7303685
Vegetarianism is so much more practical, doesn't cause health problems, social problems, etc. Compassion is fine, and makes sense, but vegans take it too far. Bees don't have the capacity to give a shit. Mammals, on the other hand, have legitimate emotions, friends and personalities.
>>
>>7300927
Carnism is the belief that since all efforts fall short of their goal, the best thing is to embrace cynicism so you can never lose
>>
>>7303777
Killing the animals is the humane thing to do, anon. They're prey but you don't want to be a predator whereas "carnists" accept & embrace this fact.

Vegetarians are bogus & their mindset is childish. They piggyback on the omnivore machine.
>>
>>7299881
Doesn't fucking matter. Vegan means not eating animals or animal products. If you pick and choose based on your own fantasies about "awareness" you're not actually a vegan.
>>
>>7303712
Because avoiding perfectly good food choices is more practical than having more available food choices.

I can have all the benefits of vegetarianism without any of it's drawbacks just by eating vegetables.
>>
>>7300564
High water usage is definitely an issue, but it all depends on the location.
>>
>>7302029
>high fructose corn syrup
Stopped reading. If you're choosing to live in the US don't expect your food to be honestly produced. No matter what it says on the ingredients.
>>
>>7299766
why do you need all that extra effort just to have a healthy diet, it seems counter productive?

not trying to shit post, i just don't understand
>>
>>7301011
>Are you a vegan? No? Then how do you know this?

>must be vegan to know vegan facts

I guess this is their secret
>>
>parents raised me as vegetarian straight from birth, got most of my protein/etc from dairy, meat substitutes, beans, all those
>tried all sorts of meaty dishes once i moved out but can only really stomach a few things in really small portions
>my body suddenly started hating eggs and sometimes can't handle cheese so now i have to go semi-vegan
it's weird, i can drink milk and eat yoghurt just fine, and i can eat small amounts of cheese without feeling like i'm gonna die. but the second i hit eggs that's it. i remember eating some cheesy pasta bake at my aunty's a few months ago and that shit knocked me out too.

at least i still have a bunch of options when it comes to protein.
>>
>>7303791
>a steak from the supermarket is prey
This is what carnists actually believe
>>
>>7303934
>thinking the supermarket isn't litereally a giant net to ensnare all forms of life to eat
>pretending to be above this

Please.
>>
>>7303866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqGZBRBLcM
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.