[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicken Parmigiana is pretty fucking boring, IMO. Which is why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: chickparm.jpg (90 KB, 590x365) Image search: [Google]
chickparm.jpg
90 KB, 590x365
Chicken Parmigiana is pretty fucking boring, IMO. Which is why I rarely make it. However, I have a family member who's been asking me for weeks to make it for dinner, so I'm finally giving in.
Now, I know perfectly well how to make it, that's not a issue. But, I'm looking for some ideas to make it better, tastier, and more interesting. I can think of several myself, but I know that /ck/'s collective mind can probably come up with some really interesting things.

So, pls, tasty and interesting ways to dress up chicken parm?
>>
Learn how to cook it well m8 then it'll be better
>>
>>7297383
you soaking dem cutlets in buttermilk overnight?
>>
Garlic and parmesan in the bread crumbs, if you have a deep fryer use it.
>>
File: swifty.jpg (20 KB, 333x420) Image search: [Google]
swifty.jpg
20 KB, 333x420
>>7297392
>totally missing the point
>>
>>7297397
This is a good idea, I do this for fried chicken, IDK why I didn't think to do that for chicken parm. Thanks

>>7297399
I do use garlic and parm in the bread crumbs, but I don't have a deep fryer, so I pan fry. But thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>7297397
>>7297399
I would do both of these and also use fresh mozzarella that is in the water or whatever still. It seems to taste better than the dryer packaged stuff
>>
>>7297383
Just use quality ingrediants.

Make your marinara by frying garic and onions in olive oil then adding in a can of san marzano tomatoes and a bit of sea salt. If you need more flavour throw in some fresh basil during the last minute or two.

Pound free range chicken breasts (hopefully from a local farm) pretty flat and coat in unseasoned bread crumbs. Then shallow fry them.

Top with marinara, fresh cracked pepper, and fresh buffalo mozzarella and broil until melted.

This will give very good and very non-boring IMO parm
>>
>>7297383
its "sophisticated" tendies basically
>>
>>7298126
Yeah, I know. That's why I want to dress it up. :/
>>7298090
Well, I was all ready planning on doing all this anyway. I know it will taste good (I make a mean tomato sauce), but I just find it a boring dish anyway. Eh....I guess I just have to accept it for what it is and enjoy it.
>>
Brine chicken in pickle juice

>not saving pickle juice
>>
Add olives. Make an olive sorta tomato sauce.
>>
>>7297383
use nice cheese maybe specialty. not some shitty ass regular packaged preshredded mozz
>>
>Now, I know perfectly well how to make it
Maybe if you did you wouldn't find it boring you faggot.
>>
Use raspberry jam instead of tomato paste and they'll never say your parma is 'boring' again.
>>
>>7298452
And use chicken nuggers instead of normal chicken.
>>
>>7298334
You sound awfully butthurt. Is it like your favorite food, or something? Pretty juvenile, dude.
>>
File: peypey.png (106 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
peypey.png
106 KB, 350x254
>>7297383
chicken parm you taste so good
>>
>>7297383
Mix a bit of mayo into the ketchup for an even creamier texture.
>>
OP, you could always make the parmigiana like a chicken Kiev instead of just as a normal cutlet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.