[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i cook rice for a good texture, mine is alway kind of weird.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Expectation Vs Outcome.png (1 MB, 1167x445) Image search: [Google]
Expectation Vs Outcome.png
1 MB, 1167x445
How do i cook rice for a good texture,
mine is alway kind of weird.
>>
buy sticky rice

also right one looks better
>>
>>7296513
Get a rice cooker
>>
>>7296518
i had one, was not much better
>>
>>7296513
Op here,
apparently its from the method its made
i buy long grain white rice,
i should buy Parboiled rice
>>
>>7296536
parboiled won't be sticky, it's what my dumbass parents used when I was growing up, I didn't know you could get it differently until I went to a friends house who had a mom who wasn't lazy and had a lid for a cooking pot.
>>
My method:
Put 2 cups jasmine rice in cold pan with some olive oil, set heat to med-low
Cook, stirring often, until rice is fragrant and very lightly browned
Add chopped garlic, cook another minute or so
Add 2.75 cups chicken broth (or whatever liquid you like), bring to a light boil uncovered over high heat
Cover, reduce heat to lowest setting
Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, then remove from heat and let sit, still covered, for about 10 minutes
Fluff and enjoy.
>>
I'm hispanic and this is how we make rice, which we aaaaalways have. Rice and beans man.

>butter in a deep pan or even saucepan if the pans are in use or necessary
>add onion, garlic, and green onion until they sweat a bit
>add rice, stir in to coat all
>add water, eyeballing about the same amount as rice
>stir until boiling
>reduce heat and cover

when we want flavored or spanish rice, we add bouillon and/or tomato sauce replaces half the water
>>
>>7296513
i feel like you probably dont wash your rice well and/or cook with too much water. wash your rice until its clear. i've had mixed results with rice cookers so i'd just cook it in a pan with some butter or oil.
>>
>>7296513
Buy a different type of rice.
>>
throw out rice
eat bread instead
Bread has more protein and more nutrients than rice. Asians are weak and small because they eat rice. Westerners are big and strong because we eat bread.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Make a pilaf, texture always comes out amazing because you're coating the rice in butter and oil.
>>
>>7296517
>buy sticky rice
Weaboo detected.

>>7296513
This is the proper way to do rice, if you want it nice and clean.

Preferably use Basmati rice, if not normal long grain rice will do. Wash that rice in cold water, stirring and shaking, this could take up to about 7 washes, until the drained water runs clear.

Afterwards put your rice in a pot and cover it with water, make sure the water covers the rice by about 1/2" add salt and bring to boil. Simmer until you get little dents in the rice (maybe even a little 'popping' sound. Rempve from heat and cover with a good fitting lid.

DO NOT OPEN for at least ten minutes . . .. fork your rice through and serve.

Works every time.
>>
Put 2 cup long grain rice in casserole dish
On stove 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp oil
Add onion and sauté for 10mins on medium
Put mixture over rice and coat every grain
Heat up 3 cup of chicken stock on stove
Add 1 pinch of saffron and cayenne
Do not boil, just heat until rolling steam
Pour over rice and mix
Cover with heavy foil
Put in oven at 350F for 45 mins

Perfectly cooked rice every time
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.