[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Subway the best fast food joint? - lowest prices - healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12
Is Subway the best fast food joint?

- lowest prices
- healthy food
- tastes great

Why aren't you eating there, /ck/?
>>
>>7296008

>lowest prices
>healthy
>tastes great

Nothing could be farther from the truth... I could make a nice meal from myself that I could eat for 2 days for the price of one sub.
>>
>lowest prices
You get what you pay for. And some of the sandwiches there are like 9 dollars.

- healthy food
They're like Mcdonalds in how they have to mass produce their shit and add all sorts of chemicals and additives so that the meats don't start smelling like shit after a few hours on display. And don't even get me started with the bread. every time i eat there, I feel my cancer meter rise.

- tastes great

I'll give ya that one, there is awesome variety that many sandwich places don't offer. But I still quit eating there for aforementioned reasons
>>
Because I'm capable of making a sandwich myself.
>>
>>7296017
If you made a nice meal for yourself it wouldn't be fast food, retard.

>>7296029
While you're out? I feel like you don't even know what fast food is for.
>>
>>7296035
>While you're out?

The advantage, in fact the entire reason for their existance, of a sandwich is that they are convenient and can be carried with you if necessary.

Lets assume I haven't planned ahead though: then the answer is still no, because I can get a far better sandwich at a Marks & Spencer, or Boots, or a supermarket.
>>
>>7296041
Sorry, I didn't realize you had a handbag. I just took it for granted there were no girls here. Sorry.
>>
>>7296042
>Gets upset that an Amerislop baguette isn't the wonderfood he thinks it is
>Ad-hominem

Okay
>>
>>7296008
subway is only cheap in amerifat
>>
>>7296046
Ad hominem how? Do you know what that means?
>>
>>7296048
>I don't have answer so I'll call the poster a women
>Being female is bad
>Not an ad-hominem

Okay
>>
>>7296055
The fuck, dude? You're confused as hell.
>>
File: subway-quality.jpg (128 KB, 1000x747) Image search: [Google]
subway-quality.jpg
128 KB, 1000x747
>>
>>7296055
>Haha you're a women!
>Haha you're a dude!
>I'm the one who's confused

Okay
>>
>>7296008
I never really got into sandwich making, only for like a week or two I tried it.

How do you guys do it? What's quick, and makes me feel like I'm eating a lot of veggies?
>>
>>7296059
Please just pause a moment to think. Or maybe to sober up.
>>
>>7296074
Try the Pain Bagnat
Baguette or whatever consistent shipping devince you find, sliced eggs + carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes/salad/whatever, chopped parsley, tuna (Fried chicken also orks great), loads of garlic vinaigrette.
If you're poor : Tomato + mayo in white bread is surprisingly not depressing.
>>
>>7296058

>order sub with nothing on it
>LOOK THEY FUCKED MY SUB UP GUYS PLS LIKE AND SHARE MY POST
>>
>>7296047
It's cheap everywhere. I travel. Subway is like the fucking US Embassy for me. If I get tired of regional food anywhere, I can always find a subway and it tastes just like back home. Always fucking cheap.
>>
>>7296245
4€ for 15 cm, 6.50€ for 30
not that cheap
>>
I like them when I go there. When I travel with my boss, we have to go where he wants to eat and 100% of the time it's Hardees. I hate Hardees. I really do. He is afraid to eat any where else and I don't know why. A cancer ridden subway sub would be much better most of the time than a cold ham and cheese on a bun that is suppose to be warm and was 3 hours ago, with soggy cold fries and water.
>>
>>7296008
>Is Subway the best fast food joint?
no
>Why aren't you eating there, /ck/?
they aren't very good
>>
>>7296008
>Why aren't you eating there
because their shit sandwiches taste like wet cardboard
and it takes like 5 minutes to make your own, which is guaranteed to be 100x better
>>
Subway opened shop up in Latvia and their launch was a complete disaster.
To get a foot long(30 centimeter) most basic sandwich is 5 euros(5,5 dollars). Being a poorfag country that is a lot for a snack.
For the same 5 euros you can get a big meal at McDonalds or, if you want a sandwich, get a better one from Gas Station(Statoil) at around 3 euros, plus a discount on a drink.
Compared to KFC, that launched later and was for the first few weeks constantly full, when me and my friends went to Subway on the first day it opened, there was at most 2 more people.
>>
>>7296008
God damn yank Subway is cheap.
>>
Just drove around the country for 6 months and I was amazed at how prevalent Subway is. I actually got it quite a bit because it's relatively healthy and low fat, cheap, and keeps for a while in a cooler if I was camping or something.

I just got the Black Forest Ham on whatever whole wheat bread for $5.50. Not bad. Load that fucker up with as many veggies as possible and you've got a relatively filling and not terrible for you meal. I'm not a huge fan of the chemicals and additives, but when you're traveling and need a quick bit, you make sacrifices. Also, I feel like people treat the employees like shit constantly, so I would seemingly always get a free drink or free cookie or something since I'm always polite and personable when I'm ordering my sandwich and paying. I visited every state in the lower 48 and ate Subway a bunch and I can't remember ever running into a surly or dick employee which is very surprising looking back on it.
>>
I just think it's bullshit that their salads are just sandwiches without bread, but they charge the same price as a sandwich.
>>
I can't find one that still serves the seafood delite
shit's pissing me off, I want my surimi
>>
>>7296008
Literally every single other sub restaurant in America is better

Every single one
>>
>>7296520
Quizno's is worse
>>
>>7296525
Quiznos has a couple bad subs, but the majority of the menu is much better than everything on Subways menu.
>>
>>7296527
In terms of value they're all worse
You're paying more and getting less, and that's unacceptable when the whole point of a sub sandwich is getting something big enough to fill you up all on its own
>>
>>7296525
Literal full-on pleb. Stop thinking you have the right to an opinion. Better yet, stop eating food, period.

Literally EVERYthing at Quizno's is superior to Subway.
>>
>>7296533
I'd rather pay 7-9 dollars for a good sub than pay 6-8 dollars for a shitty subway sub
>>
>>7296538
more like 10-12
and if you want to pay that much, you're better off just going to a local deli and getting a better sandwich than what you'd find at any chain (and twice as much of it as what jewsno's would serve you)
>>
>Lowest prices
For how much it costs, I don't find subway to be particularly filling. Even if you stack shit on the sandwich.
>>
File: eb78dz9xod_3cd3sy.png (43 KB, 590x207) Image search: [Google]
eb78dz9xod_3cd3sy.png
43 KB, 590x207
>>7296008
Indian food is surprisingly good despite no pork/beef

if only they could shit in a normal toilet....
>>
Subway fucking boggles my mind. Maybe things are different in America, but Subway is fucking trash on every level in Canada. Yet people praise it as the unquestionable king of fast food, and there's a Subway every 2 miles here.

>Prices are intensely unreasonable, it costs upwards of $9 for a large turkey sub

>the meats are nothing special, either bottom of the barrel cold cuts you can find in any grocery store or mechanically engineered "chick'n stripz" made from chicken slurry with painted on grill marks

>the toppings are just cheap produce you can find in any grocery store, and some stores have a habit of Jewing the fuck out of you with toppings like olives and pickles

>the cheese is literally just processed cheese and is lower quality than what most sane people have in their fridge at home

>the bread is airy as fuck and compresses down to almost no actual substance upon first bite - it's the only bread I know that seems to have no crust whatsoever

>sauces are literally just what you'd put on any other sandwich, or they're sugared-up mayonnaise with the whisper of chipotle or whatever seasonal flavour people are geeking out over

>Jared

Fuck Subway.
>>
>>7296008
To answer your first question, no. To answer your second question, because their food is mediocre.
>>
>>7296008
Subway is overpriced garbage. They dont even have the 5 dollar footlong anymore
>>
>>7296008
I used to like subway the ~5 times I ate there, but after the novelty wore off, the desire for subway also wore off. I'll just go to the döner place next door where I can get excellent fast food for 3,00€.
>>
>>7296567
>Indian food
>No beef
How dumb are you?
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>7296008
>subway
>healthy food
>tastes great
>>
>>7296008
I don't want to smell like the foul reek of the bread for the rest of the month, so I'll skip it.
>>
>>7296581
No it's the exact same way in America. I eat there twice a year because my company thinks it's fun to go eat there after fertilizing church lawns...fuck that noise.
>>
Mr.Sub is god tier compared to Subway.
>>
File: firehouse-subs-logo.png (20 KB, 238x61) Image search: [Google]
firehouse-subs-logo.png
20 KB, 238x61
Because I have a firehouse subs nearby, and they're better in every way. It's all about that steak sandwich with peppers, mushrooms, onions, and spicy brown mustard.
>>
>>7296402
How fat are you where a foot long sandwich with everything on it is considered a snack?
>>
>>7297096
Firehouse seemed to be expensive for what it was, not very substantial and not fantastic to offset that. When I had it the bread seemed wonderbread-tier, that's an issue.
>>
>>7297130
Their protein quality is very high and they seem to take a lot of prep but I've never bothered watching them.
>>
They raised prices and now I really don't think it's worth it anymore. The 5 dollar foot long was their winner, it's like Little Caesar's, not expensive but if I have to pay 7 dollars for a LC hot n ready, I'm literally never eating there again. Subway is not cheap for what it is. Jimmy John's is in the same price range and way better.
Honestly I just wish I could share Pete Holmes' bit on Subway, I think it's hilarious.
>>
I know this is a troll thread, but it gives me an opportunity to get this off my chest.

Subway is the worst chain restaurant in existence. It makes me visibly angry everytime I drive past one and actually see people inside.

>lowest quality meats, cheeses, and veggies you can possibly find
>frozen bread that all tastes the same
>for the quality of food you get, it's extremely overpriced
>most staff look like they'd rather kill themselves than acknowledge your existence
>the "healthiness" is a blatant lie. Their overly processed shit has more sodium in it than the real stuff. The only way to eat healthy here is to order a bowl of veggies.

And the worst part of it? They're fucking everywhere. Subway caters to those areas that have literally no other food options within miles. And when they are near other food places, why the fuck would you actually choose Subway?!
>>
>>7296008
Because where I live, it's expensive as fuck.
>>
>>7297211
I eat at Subway, so I'm one of those people who make you mad.

>lowest quality meats, cheeses, and veggies you can possibly find

I'll admit the quality of ingredients is poor. However, in a well run Subway, they are at least fresh (the lettuce is not brown or wilting, the cucumbers slices are not dried out.

>frozen bread that all tastes the same

The bread comes from frozen dough but is proofed and baked on site daily (at a minimum). While it's all pleb-tier, there's no way the 9-grain tastes like the Italian.

>for the quality of food you get, it's extremely overpriced

Compared to fucking what? What made-to-order restaurant serves cheaper subs with that many possible toppings? Do you think franchise owners bathe themselves in pools of gold coins? No, most are actually working at the shops themselves because one more employee would make the difference between making money and losing money. Run a restaurant and then tell me how Subway is "overpriced for what it is".

>most staff look like they'd rather kill themselves than acknowledge your existence

Maybe some places. In upscale areas and college towns I find the employees are perfectly friendly. Kind of like fast food workers anywhere - go to the ghetto or in some ghettoesque city and they look like they might rob you, go to one near a decent campus and they look like regular bros and broettes, they don't love their job but they do it just fine.

>the "healthiness" is a blatant lie. Their overly processed shit has more sodium in it than the real stuff. The only way to eat healthy here is to order a bowl of veggies.

Sodium? You think that's the big problem with Amerifats' diets? Calories are a biggy, and while there are plenty of better options, Subway meals compare favorably to typical meals from other fast food chains (e.g. McDs), plus the customization options make it much easier to reduce the calories, fat, carbs, sodium or whatever else you want to control in your diet.

In summary, fuck you.
>>
>>7296058

This is why you stare hawk-eyed at them as they make your sub.
>>
>>7296008
Toasted flatbread bacon egg and cheese with jalapenos, honey mustard and ranch. No more than 4$.
>Genius
>>
>>7297255
>I eat at Subway, so I'm one of those people who make you mad
My condolences anon, but I saw no point of reading after this statement. Much luck to you.
>>
>>7296133
How incredibly plebeian.
>>
They were nice when they actually had $5 footlongs for more than one type of sandwich.
>>
What do you guys think about Publix subs?
>>
>>7297317
Are you asking me?
>>
File: 1452040266052.jpg (47 KB, 671x858) Image search: [Google]
1452040266052.jpg
47 KB, 671x858
>>7297255

You eating at subway negates anything you have to say. There are always better options. Every grocery chain in my area has fantastic and fresh subs with quality ingredients served by happy employees. Literally everything about it is better and it's twice as much food for the same price. Two meals worth of delicious sandwich instead of one meal of shit. Your "upscale" areas don't have a kroger or a publix or a variant of the two?

DEATH TO SUBWAY APOLOGISTS
>>
>>7297255

LOL this nigga writing an essay on why subway is good so he don't have to feel like such a pleb
>>
>>7296059

You're thinking of "strawman" I believe. But (s)he knows that and is just giving you a hard time.
>>
>>7297354
>buying food at grocery stores
>current year
>>
>>7297370
>browsing the cookery board
>thinks its the cuckery board
>>
>>7296008
>bread tastes like a fried shoe
>employees don't wash their hands well enough
>stale ingredients

Gee I don't fucking know
>>
What sub shop is the best?

My vote is for Firehouse. Expensive as shit, but it's so good.
>>
>>7297449
DiBella's for a chain. Shit is flame, dawg.
>>
File: 1413731717486.png (144 KB, 650x515) Image search: [Google]
1413731717486.png
144 KB, 650x515
>>7296008
>>
File: subway1.jpg (29 KB, 466x360) Image search: [Google]
subway1.jpg
29 KB, 466x360
Subway is the best fast food place for someone who is a master manipulator of human beings. Like me.

When I walk into Subway I utilise every trick in the book to ensure that I am walking away with no just a sandwich, but a toasted and extra cheese filled testament to my domination of the human psyche.

I walk in and I don't ask for a footlong Italian BMT on hearty Italian bread.
I point to each individual bread roll and ask the serviceman for the nutrition facts. This embeds the idea of detail in his mind. He knows I like details. I care for them and will notice if a single piece of lettuce is mistreated going into my sandwich. I then make a joke.

'Not THAT bread, just one like it!'
He knows I have a sharp sense of humour and would mock him among my peers turning him into the laughing stock of the sandwich artist community. If he so much as drops an olive he'll get the nickname 'Oops The Olive Spiller' for the rest of his life.

As he makes my sandwich I manipulate him at every turn. I ask for my vegetables and without evening motioning to the notion I ask for them in order of crunchiness so the softest go into the middle. This tells him, subconsciously, that he has a soft centre and cannot fight against me, a hardened lettuce shell. He knows he is being bested so makes the best sandwich possible.

It is sad that fools cannot appreciate this and only like restaurants where they can say 'errr... small fries' and nothing else.
>>
tfw the only Subway near me has $6 for all of their footlongs.

Feelsbrettygoodman.jpg
>>
>>7296008
>healthy food
yeah sure bud
>>
Too much bread
>>
>subway
>healthy
>>
>>7296245
Where the fuck are you traveling where Subway is cheaper than local food? Geneva?
>>
"healthy" is an outdated and deluded concept
>>
>>7298896
Go home, Tess Holiday.
>>
>>7296402
Slavs fuckin love their KFC. Poland is full of them too. But they also have ridiculously cheap Subway, coming from Finland at least.
>>
>>7296008
>that currency symbol.
Hey Rajdeep binder, do your healthy subs come with poo?
>>
whenever i see a post about subway usually i fly into an aspie rage over how much i despise it and how its the big bang theory of fast food

but i wont fall for your bait OP
>>
>there are literally subways inside gas stations in the middle of nowhere with no restaurants for 50 miles
>there is literally a subway/baskin robbins combo restaurant at the base of the great wall of china (i have been there, it exists)
>>
File: subway stuffing.jpg (26 KB, 676x129) Image search: [Google]
subway stuffing.jpg
26 KB, 676x129
>>7296008
le epic bro sweet meme shilling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOKDqjqbX0
>>
>low quality ingredients
>stupid amount of salt
>involves visiting Subway
>>
>>7299135
this seems like something you would make shortly before committing suicide.
>>
>>7297907
9.8/10

sorry a 10 out of 10 is just not possible in my rating system. There's always something that can be improved.
>>
>>7296008
FUCK i wish they had some of these options at the subway's in america
tfw the only vegetarian option is the veggie delight
>>
>>7296008
>- lowest prices
>- healthy food
>- tastes great
literally none of this is true
>>
>>7297160
I think you mean John Holmes. He's the one with the true foot long.
>>
>>7297372
kek

>420blazeitfaggotswagyolo WRECKED!!
>>
>>7299025
I tip le fedora to you my fine gentleman, you have bested this thread!
>>
File: gVqNpqT.png (527 KB, 820x613) Image search: [Google]
gVqNpqT.png
527 KB, 820x613
>>7299135
>>
>bread
>healthy
>>
>>7296544
Where do you live that most subs cost 10-12 dollars? 10 dollars is like the top for pretty much all subs regardless of chain
>>
>>7296581
Same here in the states, Anon. Subway sucks but I eat there like once every 3 months. Never enjoyed it.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.