[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long will canned beer stay good in your fridge?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 400x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 400x246
How long will canned beer stay good in your fridge?
>>
over a year, more if pasteurized
>>
>>7294873
i don't think i've ever heard of a can of beer spoiling

it's probably pasteurized, there's no light hitting the beer, i don't think you have to worry about it spoiling for years
>>
>>7294873
Longest it's gonna last in my fridge is about one evening
>>
>>7294873
Canned beer will survive a maximum of 23 and 1/2 hours in my fridge. I don't let a day go by without beer.
>>
>>7294908

This
>>
>years

What....
Some beers can age for that long, but if its a Budweiser or something like that, you should drink it within 4 months of its born date. it gets skunkier and skunkier after that. Over a year and itll taste like shit. Youll probably have yeast particles after that and itll give you the shits.
>>
>>7294893
It does go bad after a while, but it tends to lose flavor rather than go rancid. I try not to hold onto most beers for more than a year. The higher the ABV, the better it keeps though. Although some additives, like spices, will lose flavor.
>>
>>7294873
Years.

>be me
>grandfather had died, we had to go and clean up the house
>in the basement we found a 1940's refrigerator.
>Holy Crap it's plugged in and running!
>Open it, Air of the Arctic Tundra, cold fog flows on the floor
>Entire fridge was filled with canned beer from the 1970's, mostly Coors and Hudepohl
>Popped a few to test, they fizzed, good head, no stink, decent flavor.
>had one last toast to Gramps.
>>
>>7295490
>A pasteurized and filtered beer having yeast particles
>Skunky in a can

wew
>>
>>7295515
Tell your grandpa to stop being a sheep and drink craft beer instead.
>>
>>7295524
corn syrup has mold spores, why wouldn't a few yeast particles make it through?
>>
Its best 90-120 days after the born on date on the beer can
>>
>>7295531
>grandfather had died
I'm sure that Anon will get right around to that.
>>
Ask a museum or library
>>
>>7294873
industry standard is 120 days, but it depends on the beer. the big thing is hop and other aromas begin to deteriorate. if you're thinking shitty beer, probably a year or so. sours/12%+ ABV strong ales can last 3-5 or so depending on the producer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.