[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ants as staple food when? http://news.nationalgeographic.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Ant-individual-.jpg (511 KB, 1856x1172) Image search: [Google]
Ant-individual-.jpg
511 KB, 1856x1172
Ants as staple food when?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130514-edible-insects-entomophagy-science-food-bugs-beetles/

>You're probably thinking that it takes a lot of ants to make a meal. True. But they pack a punch: 100 grams of red ant (one of thousands of ant species) provide some 14 grams of protein (more than eggs), nearly 48 grams of calcium, and a nice hit of iron, among other nutrients. All that in less than 100 calories. Plus, they're low in carbs.
>>
Ants are like little specs of peppered protein.
If I had an actual source to buy them, I'd use them.
>>
Ants are 48% calcium?
That seems too high to be true/delicious.
>>
>>7294434
I'm vegetarian, but I fucking love eating bugs. Spicy fried crickets are the best.

Of all the insects I've eaten, basically everything except worms taste good.
>>
>>7294488
>I'm vegetarian, but I fucking love eating bugs
>I'm straight, but I fucking love a nice feminine dick in my ass
>>
>>7294491
You can always choke on this dick senpai
>>
>>7294496
If you choke when things are shoved up your ass then you're probably not breathing properly t b h
>>
I've been thinking about raising crickets for food, but an ant farm might be easier to manage. It would definitely be less noisy, which is important to me because I live in a small apartment with no yard. The main problem is that it would probably take up more space per yield of food. They might also be more difficult to harvest.

I am going to have to think about this.
>>
>>7295467
Christ how poor are you
>>
>>7295493
Poor people in Western countries don't farm their own food, sandpie. They receive welfare payments and eat cheap processed shit.
>>
>>7295497
>small apartment
>no yard
>subsistence farming ants indoors
>>
>>7294519
>not knowing dragonfly larvae breathe through their anuses
this thread is mostly insects trying to sway NEETS from eating them, anon
>>
>>7294434
When you are successful and have pictures to share come back to us OP. Mildly interested.
>>
>>7295499
I am a single person. I do not need much space. Being sensible with your money is not the same thing as being poor.

There are people on very high incomes who I'd consider poor, because they spend it all on luxuries. I'm on a mediocre income with a year's worth of cash savings and a variety of investments.
>>
>>7295467

lol youre never gonna get enough ants to even make a snack by yourself.
>>
>>7294434
I can't eat something that terrifies me on sight.
>>
>>7295467
Just start tossing food on the floor and leaving it there. WaLa!
>>
>>7294434
Why would I care that they're low in carbs?
>>
>>7295467
Crickets will smell bad in short order. I kept an aquarium full of them to feed reptiles. That's the thing with insects, you are eating their shit too.
>>
>>7294434
Grind em up into a fritter and put it on a roll with some spicy sauce and I'll take a bite.
>>
File: AntmanAH.jpg (69 KB, 181x450) Image search: [Google]
AntmanAH.jpg
69 KB, 181x450
>>7294434
I'd 100% okay with them supplementing my food. Not so much with them replacing it.
>>
>>7294434
>48% calcium

No thanks, I'll stick to larvae or something
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.