[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TIL alcohol is a confirmed potent carcinogen Fuck why isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: no-alcohol.jpg (543 KB, 1302x1327) Image search: [Google]
no-alcohol.jpg
543 KB, 1302x1327
>TIL alcohol is a confirmed potent carcinogen

Fuck why isn't this on the warning labels? I'm going to have to rethink all of my drinking habits.
>>
File: ia-bards-tale.gif (11 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
ia-bards-tale.gif
11 KB, 320x200
Ha Ha! Guess I'll just quit then!!!!!!
>>
>>7293966
Fuck!

Why do meddling teenagers concern themselves with shit that doesn't concern them?

>Holy none-of-your-business Batman!
>>
>>7293966
>TIL alcohol is a poison

You're not very smart are you?
>>
>>7294126

the only thing you really hear about is that its bad for fetuses, it dehydrates you, and its bad for your liver in excess over long periods of time. You never hear that it contributes to dozens of types of cancer.
>>
>You never hear that it contributes to dozens of types of cancer

lolwut, I hear that all the time
>>
>>7294147
>contributes to dozens of types of cancer.

A definition that vague probably applies to everything we put in our bodies.
>>
Small amounts of alcohol have a cardioprotective effect, this has been known for a long time. Drinking a small amount of alcohol daily increases average life span by several years compared to abstaining from alcohol (the causality is pretty much 100% confirmed, independent of all other factors)
>>
>>7294153
I must be a living god at this point then
>>
>>7294153

does small amounts, like 1-2 drinks a day contribute to fatty liver though?

>>7294151

That may be "common sense" true but there are many studies that demonstrate alcohols cancer causing properties.

>>7294150

this is not common knowledge in the U.S.
>>
>>7294153
Stop telling yourself and others this already.
No amount of alcohol is "healthy."
Have that single glass of wine because you enjoy it; not because it gives you "several years of lifespan."

You know what does have a very significant cardioprotective effect, though? Going for a nice refreshing run 4 times a week.
But that's not as comfy as a little glass with dinner, is it?

>>7293966
I think all the alcohol bottles here say "drink responsibly" on them. Close enough I guess.
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 268x188
not drinking makes you a faggot. ill take the cancer
>>
>>7294165
>No amount of alcohol is "healthy."

Entirely untrue.

Are you a Baptist minister or something?
>>
>>7294177
Needing to prove you're not a faggot makes you a faggot.
>>
>>7294181
Why don't you give me a source on the heart benefits outweighing the cancer risks then?
I'm always eager to learn.

And no, I'm not a Baptist minister. I'm not a doctor either, nor do I pretend to be one on 4chan.
>>
>>7294159
I'm fucking retarded and I know that alcohol can cause cancer
>>
>>7294192
not proving shit just informing you about shit your single mother couldnt teach you
>>
>>7294209
Your pedestrian query isn't motivating enough to resource all of my cardiac and diabetic research, champ.
>>
>>7294237
That's fine.
Just stop giving medical "advice" if you're this unable to back it up

Just so we're clear; my pedestrian query was "provide a source to back up your claim that drinking alcohol can be a net gain healthwise."
I don't think it's so pedestrian really, but you're the Internet doctor.
>>
>>7293966
Because it isn't. Alcohol metabolizes into formaldehyde, which is.
>>
>>7294299
So why does alcohol specifically increase cancer risk in mouth, throat, and esophagus?
I mean, I'm no expert but I always assumed it's because the mucous membranes were affected by the alcohol sloshing over them when you drink it.
>>
File: um6ijro.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
um6ijro.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>TIL
>>
>>7294337

this, this was a thinly veiled bait thread (I'm op) but it took 21 posts for someone to call it out.

Fuck you /ck/ I'm going back to reddit, or not, this place has basically become reddit.
>>
>>7294498
Yes, fuck off. The rest of us are talking about alcohol and health risks in your thread and don't give a shit about why you made it.
>>
>>7294498
there's much more animu here tho
>>
>>7294498
This place hasn't become Reddit. The Reddit food communities aren't full of bald-faced shitposting, Nazi invasions, ironic worship of awful Youtube personalities, intercontinental dick waving contests, and a very distinct lack of meaningful on-topic discussion.
This place has become everything wrong with modern 4chan
>>
Fuck you alcohol is good for me.

Source: crippling depression
>>
>>7293966
>Fuck why isn't this on the warning labels? I'm going to have to rethink all of my drinking habits.
im not
>>
>alcohol is bad for you

Does anyone even know when this was first publicly addressed?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.