[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this thing. Fucking how do? I never used one before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-01-21 17.26.11.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 17.26.11.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
I bought this thing.
Fucking how do? I never used one before
>>
For grilling, just put charcoal or hardwood in the main part and cook on it.

For smoking, put hardwood in the side box and your food in the main chamber.
>>
Don't use gas unless you want to be lynched.
>>
>>7293925
Nice. Now Google whatever questions you may have. Obviously you didn't post this here for answers. That would be admitting you were a fucking retard.
>>
>>7293967
google is no help, I just keep finding forum posts with hillbillys arguing over whether you should cook meat all the way through or not
>>
>>7293978
Your google-fu is weak, grasshoppa.

>>how to use an offset smoker
First hit
http://barbecuebible.com/2014/07/25/guide-offset-barrel-smokers/
>>
>>7294019
>offset smoker
is that what these are called?
>>
>>7294029
Why do people buy things when they have no idea what they are or how to use them?
>>
>buys item
>doesn't know how to use it

Seriously? I mean, seriously.
>>
>>7294037
because I burn all my money on beef jerky and don't eat nearly as much smoked fish as I would like to. I figure I will save hundreds a year if I just make my own.
>>
>>7293925
The first thing you're going to have to do is seal that fucker, otherwise it will be a huge pain in the ass to keep your temps stable.

Then you can start figuring out how much charcoal it takes to achieve whatever temp, etc...

Smoking meats forum is pretty good.
>>
>>7293925
>char-broil

enjoy your sheet metal leaky piece of shit lol
>>
>>7294038
Omg like I don't even!
>>
>>7294054
>enjoy your sheet metal leaky piece of shit lol

They're ALL leaky pieces of shit.

Hell, even those big green egg fags usually have to seal their shit before they work the way they're supposed to.

G'damn smoker makers sell straight up unfinished products...the bastards.
>>
>>7294045
>wants to make jerky
>buys grill instead of dehydrator
kek
>>
File: 928308110254.jpg (13 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
928308110254.jpg
13 KB, 247x248
>>7293925
>>
>>7294062
oh god D:
>>
>>7294045
Translation: I had money to burn
>>
>>7294069
I am making an investment for future generations thank you very much
>>
>>7294062
>>recommends dehydrator
>>doesn't know the difference between a smoker and a grill

I think I'll take my advice elsewhere, thank you.

Besides, why fool around with a dehydrator when smoking the meat adds flavor which a dehydrator does not. Lemme guess: you put liquid smoke in your jerky, right?
>>
File: rev-flow-smoker.jpg (61 KB, 580x328) Image search: [Google]
rev-flow-smoker.jpg
61 KB, 580x328
It's also called a "reverse flow smoker"

You need to learn to google son
>>
>>7294101

That's not what OP has. Notice that OP's rig doesn't have a damper between the firebox and the chamber, nor does it have the 2nd smokestack near the firebox. that's just a plain offset smoker, not the reverse-flow variation of it.
>>
>>7294101
offset is completely different from a reverse flow
>>
>>7293925
Wow OP I hope you didnt pay more than $50 for that piece of shit.
I mean seriously, dont you know that hoverboards dont work on water?
>>
>>7293925
Next time you're going to buy something spend at least 20 minutes researching how to use it so you know whether you actually need one and whether the item you're looking at is worth the money.
>>
>>7293925
>>bought something you dont know how to use
return it you moron.
>>
have you tried reading the directions?
>>
>>7296112
i'm pretty sure you can know if you like the taste of smoked meats or other foods without ever having owned a smoker, you handsome devil

anyway, did you know how to use everything before you bought it? how is that even possible?
>>
>>7296120
they were less than helpful

they didn't explain anything about how much wood goes in, or what temperature to keep it
>>
>>7296131
by watching youtube videos and reading books. you know that learning thing everyone in school convinced you wasn't cool
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.