[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on turkey giblets? I personally really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: turkey meats.jpg (127 KB, 540x359) Image search: [Google]
turkey meats.jpg
127 KB, 540x359
What's the consensus on turkey giblets?

I personally really love them.
>>
>Gizzard
>Heart
>Neck
Literally the best part of the Turkey

>Liver
Disgusting
>>
>>7293814

Are they anything like chicken livers?
>>
>>7294500

yes
>>
they get roasted with the bird and then thrown into the stock
>>
Liver and heart is my favorite. One time I got a bird with two livers packed in it instead of one.
The only thing I hate is when the packers forget to remove the gallbladder. Even if I don't rupture it the bitter taste still seeps into the offal and the inside of the chicken/turkey.

Don't care as much for the gizzards, which I'll still eat but meh. Also the neck I use to make gravy, but I think it's awkward to eat. I pick some of the meat off and toss the rest. Also sometimes the trachea is still attached to it.
>>
>>7293814
How do you cook neck and gizzard? Gizzard is always too chewy and neck is all bone..
>>
>>7295283
Oops didn't mean to make this as a reply just forgot to delete
>>
File: giblets.jpg (83 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
giblets.jpg
83 KB, 1024x768
>>7293756

You need giblets to make stuffing. Cover w water, simmer for an hour, remove giblets to cool and dice, put a cube of butter on top and let it melt. Reserve that. Strip meat off the neck. Give neck to happy cats. Dice everything.
>>
Unless you're making stock with them, the liver goes in the trash.

Everything else is good.
>>
I simmer them all for like two hours while I'm roasting the bird.
I'm southern, so I make dressing, not stuffing. That shit's pointless.

Anyway, giblets get cooled and diced and all that and the liquid from it all gets thrown into a pot to make gravy.

Giblet gravy is the best.
>>
File: old beagle.jpg (328 KB, 1552x2592) Image search: [Google]
old beagle.jpg
328 KB, 1552x2592
I boil them and give them to my dog because I'm not a poor person.
>>
>>7295655
>Cooking meat for your dog
What the fuck?
>>
What's the problem with turkey liver? I've never had it before but would I be wrong in assuming that it tastes like chicken liver?
>>
>>7295655

Holy crap someone give that dog all the meats.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD why isn't someone giving that dog treats? And petting it?

This is critical! That dog needs attention! ARRGH!
>>
>>7295807
Wow. So there really are girls on 4chan.

I can't even imagine how ugly you must be.
>>
>>7295813
Haven't you ever been to imgur and other reddit satellites? This is actually accepted male behavior now. Don't forget:

>Omg, MY BROVARIES

Depressing, honestly.
>>
>>7295813
>>7295817

Look out, we've got a couple of goddamn cat people here.
>>
I make this with my turkey giblets:

http://www.food.com/recipe/tsr-version-of-popeyes-famous-cajun-gravy-by-todd-wilbur-83974

I don't use the liver (stick the liver in the microwave and feed it to the dogs). Everything else gets minced and then it gets cooked with the neck in the pot. This Christmas I used half beef, half lamb and it was amazing. Use beef broth for the best flavor and nice dark color.
>>
File: charmedd.jpg (52 KB, 331x250) Image search: [Google]
charmedd.jpg
52 KB, 331x250
>>7293756

Boil them up with some onion, celery, salt and pepper and I'm in heaven.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.