[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White guy calling all asians, attempting stirfry at home tonight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
White guy calling all asians,

attempting stirfry at home tonight.
What do you guys do to make a nxtlvl sauce,
unfortunately no msg to use.

Need help will provide pretty girls in the meantime
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
This is the meat I am using (I'm sorry)
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 960x720
>>
File: chili garlic sauce.jpg (22 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
chili garlic sauce.jpg
22 KB, 450x450
White girl here.

Bf's turn to make dinner. We bought pork belly, mini bok choy, pepper, onion, mushrooms, and broccoli. I think the sauce we're making consists of dark soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, and pic related.
>>
Secret ingredient is sesame oil. About a teaspoon will suffice, or it would overpower your dish. Not a well known fact.
>>
>>7293761

>this is what phone posters eat

not even once
>>
sauce ingredients........

TBS minced ginger
TBS minced garlic
TBS hot chili....unless you're a bitch and can't handle heat.
TBS brown sugar
TBS dark soy
tsp sesame oil
water
tsp of corn starch dissolved in a few ounces of COLD water as a thickening agent

Cook your meal, as usual, and either transfer into a bowl or plate, or simply do it right in the pan. I prefer to transfer so I can have better control of the sauce.

Regardless...

Add the sesame oil and let it get hot, add the garlic/ginger/chili mix and stir until aromatic, add enough water to give you enough liquid to dissolve the brown sugar (if needed), add the soy sauce, stir all that shit together and reduce to concentrate the flavors. Add cornstarch in cold water mix as needed to get the consistency you want. Then you can either pour on your chow, or toss everything back in the pan to mix it in.
>>
>>7293840
>Not a well known fact.
You're... serious?
>>
File: titsgtfo.gif (825 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
titsgtfo.gif
825 KB, 250x197
>>7293803
>>
File: stir fry.jpg (2 MB, 5000x3864) Image search: [Google]
stir fry.jpg
2 MB, 5000x3864
>>7293751
>>
File: pink.jpg (40 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
40 KB, 1000x563
>Oyster Sauce
>Mushroom flavored soy sauce

Das it mayne
>>
>>7293974
Thanks
>>
>>7293960
I don't understand thirsty ass posts like this. Like it's a blue board. Would like to think /ck/ is better than /b/.
>>
>>7294021
Stop pointlessly advertising that you're female when it is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand.
>>
>>7294021
How is the fact that you are girl relevant to your post? In other words, don't be an attention whore.

This one the oldest rules on 4chan.
>>
>>7293974
Thanks for posting this. Got any more?
>>
>>7294014
To add to that, if you want to do fried rice or whatever then cook your rice as you usually would, then let it cool down completely (overnight in the fridge is ideal but not necessary). Then add it halfway through step 2. For noodles, cook according to the package directions (usually pour boiling water on them and leave for 5 minutes) until they're about 70% done, then add to the wok just before you add the sauce - the heat and liquid from the sauce will finish cooking them through stage 3.
>>
>>7293751
Okay. First and foremost in your pan you want the white part of the spring onion/scallion shredded very finely, along with a thumb-size piece of ginger, grated, and about three minced cloves of garlic. Cook them in a neutral oil, very quickly, do not allow them to burn. When it smells like romance, add your protein and the green part of the scallion/spring onion, shredded. Turn well, and immediately add
either
>Saté
(a cup of peanut butter, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of thai fish sauce, and chilli sauce to taste, Chilli garlic like >>7293803 is a very good choice.)
>Oyster
(About three tablespoons of oyster sauce, a teaspoon or two of soy sauce, and a cup of chicken stock)
Throw the sauce into the pan, toss well to coat, and serve over boiled or steamed rice.
Not the most authentic thing you'll ever find, but it will taste good and you'll be a better chef.

Cut your chicken into about inch cubes, they'll cook better if they're both small and uniform. Don't try to stir fry for more than two people unless you have a huge wok and have been stirfrying for a long time- you will fuck it up.

Blanch any greens you're going to cook beforehand, they'll taste much better. Peppers and mushrooms can just be sliced and thrown in with the meat, or perhaps a little bit before.

Look into velveting for something more elaborate.
>>
>>7294021

You advertised the fact that you're a girl because you wanted it to be acknowledged. Seeking external validation in any capacity is cringe-inducing. The fact that you're a girl seeking that validation from 4chan neckbeards is extra cringe-inducing.
>>
>>7294064
I forgot to mention that before serving, you should reduce the sauce a little. Keep your eye on it like a hawk. Don't let it burn.
>>
>>7294028
>>7294034
>>7294065
Uh, dudes. She was just echoing OP for fun. Why don't you lay into OP for advertising the fact that he's male?
>>
>>7294128
Tru
>>
2T Soy sauce
2T Brown sugar
2T Sirracha or other chili sauce
1T Rice wine vinegar
1T Juice from pickled ginger (or a little more rice wine vinegar)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 knuckle sized piece of garlic, grated

Boom, sauced. Goes good on any noodle, veggie, and meat.
>>
>>7294145
>Rice wine vinegar
Not seeing enough people talking about adding that to their stir fry. Or mirin which is also nice if used very modestly.
>>
File: spice.jpg (202 KB, 779x1182) Image search: [Google]
spice.jpg
202 KB, 779x1182
>>7294035
Nothing else for stir fries I'm afraid, but there's not much more to be said about them really. You could always scramble an egg after removing the meat, then remove the scrambled egg to do the veg, then add the egg back at the same time as the meat.

You can also do a knockoff pad thai by using 4 tbsp oyster sauce, 2tbsp fish sauce, 1tbsp brown sugar and juice of 1/2 lime for the sauce (shamelessly stolen from Budget Bytes). I also use a tbsp or two of Chinese cooking wine in most stir fries because it's really fucking tasty, and drizzle a tsp or so of sesame oil over it as I remove it from the heat.
>>
>>7294145
>>7294158

also a splash of fish sauce ain't bad if you've got it
>>
>>7294185
I gotchu
>>
File: Y_tho.jpg (7 KB, 200x204) Image search: [Google]
Y_tho.jpg
7 KB, 200x204
>>7294158
>mirin
>not shiaoxing
>>
File: World Cuisine.jpg (636 KB, 1500x4255) Image search: [Google]
World Cuisine.jpg
636 KB, 1500x4255
>>7294196
Fuck I'm retarded...
Correct imagee
>>
>>7294196
you posted the retarded version where the mixes wrap to the next line m8
>>
>>7294212
>easter europe
>yamen
>chicken fat is a spice
>lard is a spice
>tomato is a spice
>three different entries for USA of which one is literally flyover, only one for China

This is bait, right
>>
>>7293751
don't put any hype into post-frying sauces that you can somehow dump over everything and make it taste good. If that's what you wanted then look no further than the 20 different brands of chinese hotsauce that aren't sriracha.
Given that you've picked what's pretty much one of the worst cuts of meat possible for stir fry >>7293761, I'd recommend marination with flour.
Marinade the chicken in flour, slight amount of soy sauce (no more than one teaspoon) and some spices of choice - black pepper, grated onions, etc.
Stir fry some veggies (snow peas are a good choice), then add in PLENTY of oil (butter is better in this case), and proceed to stir fry your chicken. Don't worry about the moisture-flour interaction, we're not aiming for anything crispy here - not overcooking is the goal. Serve immediately.
>>
just watched this... the video seems like a simple technique

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-and-broccoli-stir-fry-recipe.html#lightbox-recipe-video
>>
>>7294210
What's shiaoxing? I can just Google it, but what do you use it for usually?
>>
>>7294210
>>7294313
Well based on what little about it I just read, it doesn't seem like it would be entirely appropriate for stir fry. But I'd certainly be willing to give it a try if you'd recommend it. So yeah, any brands you suggest?
>>
>>7294128
4chan is primarily male, trying to identify yourself as different is pathetic as tripfagging.
>>7294134
>Tru
>vomit.jpg
>>
>>7293771
I want to motorboat her fat jewish titties.
>>
>>7294328
It's just Chinese cooking rice wine. Closer to sake than mirin.
>>
>>7294212
>Midwest

>Caraway, Parsley

What
>>
>>7294185
Thank you, you're a credit to the board.
>>
>>7294367
Okay, that's what it seemed like. After reading about it, didn't make much sense for it to be brought up as a substitute for mirin.
>>
>>7294064
I dont understand the point of blanching, then cooking again. Essentially
>Boil
>take out
>cold water
>cook it again
>>
>>7294533
Well, I don't quite know the chemistry of it, but blanching cooks the vegetables until they are on the point of tender, and stir-frying finishes the job. It saves you time and makes the finished product taste better. You're going to be stir-frying the meat and veg for maybe a few minutes tops, as the sauce reduces.

I mean, you could just throw in whole raw vegetables, but that would make your meal significantly less nice. If you're cooking something like bok choi or gai lan, cut each piece into about thirds, maybe fifths, before stirfrying. It will cook better and be easier to eat.

But if you're too pressed for time to blanch, then you can use fresh spinach and things will be okay. It's just when you're using chinese veg, chard, brocolli and the like, where blanching is damn near mandatory for the product to be nice.
>>
>>7294064
What kind of peanut butter do you use? This is a kind of general question, can be answered by whoever throws peanut butter into their stir fry.
>>
>>7294590
Whatever you choose, but make sure to mix all the ingredients of the sauce well before adding. They're approximations that can be finetuned to taste. Personally, I would use smooth, because chunky would add a distracting texture.
>>
>>7294520
It's not really a substitute for mirin, but to my mind it's a better "generic stir fry" ingredient than mirin is - if you want to add sweetness to a stir fry then brown sugar is probably a better choice unless you're aiming for something specifically weeaboo.
>>
>>7294028
I expect you'd like her to cover up her face and body at the workplace so you don't get involuntarily rapey

Vietnamese stir fries are nice. Lemongrass and fish sauce along with whatever else you like
>>
>>7294590
Natural - you don't want one with any added emulsifiers and shit.
>>
>>7294605
Do you call everyone who disagrees with you in the workplace a faggot nigger?
>>
Capchay is pretty basic and tastes good. Also goes pretty well with rice if you use oyster sauce. Carrots, broccolis, peas, some chicken slices.
>>
>>7294551
Made stir fry tonight, definitely blanching next time
>>
>>7294667
No problem! Remember, get the water boiling, salt it sparingly, remove the veg when it has just begun to colour, and if you're feeling especially economical, you can keep the vegetable liquid, add stock powder to it, and include it in the sauce.
>>
Pro tip: Asians don't eat stir fries. That's something Chinese restaurant owners invented for round eyes to eat.
>>
>>7294212
>China
>Cinnamon
>Not star anise
>>
>>7294682
Oh how they stir.
Oh how they fry.
>>
File: How dare you insult mlady.png (109 KB, 181x262) Image search: [Google]
How dare you insult mlady.png
109 KB, 181x262
>>7294605
>white knighting on a Polynesian muffler repair discussion forum
>>
>>7294028
>>7294034
>>7294065
>>7294356
Nice job getting booty blasted by a poster who wasn't even me :^)
>>
>>7294593
>>7294620
Would you avoid more exotic peanut butters like honey or maple peanut butter? Personally, I don't think honey would be a terrible choice, but I would probably avoid maple unless it was all I had on hand at the time.

>>7294598
It's not about being weeaboo, I just thought it would go nicely with other things people were mentioning. Given that it's common in Asian cuisine, I just kind of figured it would be brought up more often. But you're right, brown sugar would probably do the job just as well if not better. Most of the sauces and rubs I've had that contained brown sugar were great.
>>
>>7296138
>Would you avoid more exotic peanut butters like honey or maple peanut butter
I've never seen anything like that here, but we're not as big on peanut butter as you are. I'd check the ingredients; if it just says "peanuts and honey" then give it a try, if it includes a load of emusifying oils/sugar/other shit then avoid.
>>
>>7296138
>It's not about being weeaboo, I just thought it would go nicely with other things people were mentioning
It would, as long as you're happy adding a bit more sweetness to the dish. The guy you're responding to is just being autistic and trying for some false sense of authenticity by recommending Chinese rice wine for a Chinese stir fry.
>>
File: MGTOW manual pg 6.jpg (42 KB, 620x384) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW manual pg 6.jpg
42 KB, 620x384
>>7294807
having women on this board ruins everthing
>>
>>7296369
Not having women.
Having women who loudly broadcast the fact that they are women for no good reason.
>>
>>7296369
>>7296376

You're the ones derailing the thread.
>>
>>7296369
>woman has literally contributed more to the thread than you have
>>
>>7296369
It's always just the worst sort of attention whoring.
>>
>>7296415
>woman has literally done more to derail the thread than anyone else has
Seriously, just stop advertising the fact that you're a woman when it's irrelevant to the rest of your post. It's not difficult.
Any time you do, you'll get a mix of the genuinely creepy and lonely clamouring for your attention, and the self-appointed chemo patrols calling you out for attention whoring.
So just stop it.
>>
>>7293974
thanks sir
>>
>>7293974
WHICH ONE OF YOU CUNTS POSTED THIS ON REDDIT https://www.reddit.com/r/food/comments/425rm7/stirfry_cheat_sheet/
>>
>>7296482
>continues to post more off topic bantering as if we care about your feefees about womminz
>>
>>7296482
Girl here. I like stir fry!!!
>>
>>7294212
>Hungry
>No sour cream
Wat?
>>
File: posttits.png (84 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
posttits.png
84 KB, 500x285
>>7296668
>>
>>7296174
The ingredients are good. There are plenty of nut butters I've still yet to try, so, I wouldn't say that I'm that big on peanut butter. But I do enjoy trying new things.

>>7296288
Alright. And yeah, I would only add a very small amount.
>>
What about cheeses? Anybody like cheese in their shit?
>>
>>7296629

haha serious eats kenji just posted this on his twitter and said it was complete bullshit
>>
>>7293771
I was at that renaissance fair.
>>
>>7293751
The secret is to stop being so fucking white.
>>
File: jaded.jpg (52 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
jaded.jpg
52 KB, 850x400
>>7293803
>white girl here

Ok..
>>
>>7293751
hoisin and squad sauce are two great and cheap sauces you will like.

also ketchup its a good filler sauce that actually addss a nice depth of flavor

hoisin can be found in international section im sure, but the fish sauce might be a bit harder to find.

source: im asian bitch

also , anyone who say msg is necessary to good food is an idiot. though my family still cooks with it here and there its been omitted from many family recipes and we dont miss it much at all.
>>
>>7293751
Dude just go buy MSG. Its cheaply sold as Accent at pretty much every store that sells groceries.

And it is tucking great for any savory dish.
>>
>>7302782
>Just fuck my tastebuds up senpai
>>
>>7293803
London
>>
>>7298647
I know.
>>
>tfw try to make stir fry with store bought sauce
>tfw chicken comes out more boiled than fried everytime

WHYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>7306644
you season your meat, with little flour, deep fried it. THEN you stir fry it in sauce.
>>
>>7306644
>7294196
higher oil temp may help

season meat
add batter. ( I prefer a simple egg and corn starch batter)
fry
pour off extra oil
while pan is still hot add sauce and toss meat in sauce.
>>
>>7293751
Asian here, my advice is:

CHING CHONG BING BONG DING DONG WING WANG A CHONGY CHANG PING PONG MU FONG PU PU
>>
>>7307261
>>>/pol/
>>
File: stock-vector-china-man-74778265.jpg (415 KB, 1403x1600) Image search: [Google]
stock-vector-china-man-74778265.jpg
415 KB, 1403x1600
>>7307277
OHHH ME SO SOY
ME APOROGIZE
>>
>>7307261
>>7307281
>>7307277
HAHAHAH, you are so funny. I laughed very hard at this. Please continue to post your comedic material on this site.
>>
>>7307294
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7307305
how new are you? you can't link to shit outside the website like that
newfag
>>
>>7307310
you can if you have a 4chan gold account m8
>>
>>7294145
was about to post exactly this except for the ginger juice which sounds delicious
i would use more soy sauce though (assuming you use light soy sauce which in my opinion tastes the best)
>>
>>7293761
Is this even meat? Lmao
Get some fucking chicken from the grocery store
>>
>>7294128
No one cares if you are attention whoring by advertising the fact that you are male
>>
>>7307587
you can't really attention whore on this site by advertising the fact that you are male
>>
>>7294212
This is horrible.
>>
>>7307642
Not the one who posted it, but how so?
>>
>>7294212
>caribbean
>no allspice
and that's just the top row. spastic picture.
>>
>>7307642
>>7307652
Oh wait, never-mind, thought you were responding to something else.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.