[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, i decided to upgrade from plebeian scrambled eggs to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Eggselent.jpg (174 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
Eggselent.jpg
174 KB, 426x282
Hey /ck/, i decided to upgrade from plebeian scrambled eggs to superior omelettes.

So how do into omelettes?
>>
Just Google it or use YouTube.
>>
>>7292587
There's two ways I know of. They're both pretty bad, eggs don't taste good. Look up that guy /ck/ likes. Jack Pepin, the french one, on youtube
>>
Your omelette has too much color. Omlettes should be pale...
>>
Omelettes are still baby tier

Fried eggs sunny side up is the only real way to eat eggs
>>
>>7292592
>eggs don't taste good

This. Why do people keep pretending otherwise?
>>
make your plebeian scrambled eggs, but stop scrambling when they're just about to fully coagulate, leave them on the heat for a few seconds and roll them up. that's an omelette.
>>
>>7292601
This is a thing. You have to take a stand on whether you lean French or American when it comes to omelettes. While the dish is French and there is a classic style what most Americans consider an omelette bears little resemblance to it. Are the eggs the star of the show, pale on the outside and moist in the middle? Or is the filling the star, the eggs just a fully cooked wrapper for it?
>>
>>7292620
>le this xD
Fuck off.
>>
>>7292673
Huh?
>>
>>7292684
He's mad about eggs being bitter.
>>
>>7292620
>>7292592
I genuinely love eggs. Leftover plain/buttered/cream noodles? Beat a pair of eggs into that shit while in a hot pan, there, lunch is taken care of.
>>
I like to do them as follows:
Crack Eggs into little bowl, lightly beat them with a fork, add some salt, pepper and paprica. If i feel like it i also add fresh herbs. Usually parsley and basil.
Heat pan to medium, add enough oil. Put mixture into heated pan and let it get firm with a hint of color. Flip and do again. Then i add some ham and cheese (i like gruyere with this), fold it and let the cheese melt a bit. I eat that with a cut up tomato as breakfast. Love it
>>
>>7292709
I think the quality of the eggs makes all the difference. I love eggs in all variations.
>>
>>7292713

>I think the quality of the eggs makes all the difference.

protip: it doesn't
>>
Omelettes aren't healthy. Don't eat them.
>>
>>7292587
watch the julia child video on how to make a good french omelette. once you get the hang of it it's super easy and it takes less than a minute cooking time
>>
>>7292587

Don't even bother.

Skip the pretentious bullshit, and just saute vegetables, season, and when they're done to your liking, toss in the egg, season one last time, and call it done when they're to your liking.

No need for silly folding.
>>
>>7292724
Everything is unhealthy if you look hard enough or consume too much
>>
>>7292601
My eggs should look the way I want them to look, not how some anonymous douche, or "chef", tells me how they should look.

Fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
>>7292803
>I like my omelettes brown, tough and dry
>>
>>7292807
>I can't cook eggs so I'll assume nobody else can
>>
>>7292601
professional french chefs even say some omelettes should be pale, some should be browned. it depends on what kind you like, one way isn't better than the other, just different.

people post this a lot. some people like their eggs browned, it doesn't effect you in any way so stop getting so offended over it. you're wasting your life.
>>
File: 1451299304191-ck.jpg (8 KB, 240x237) Image search: [Google]
1451299304191-ck.jpg
8 KB, 240x237
>>7292708
>bitter
holy shit are you serious
>>
The hardest part of an omelet is getting a good egg pan and keeping people from fucking it up.
>>
>>7292896

they do acquire some bitterness when they're browned, it's true.
>>
>>7292917
so does everything else
>>
make em like scrambled eggs (no salt when beating, add some cream or butter, keep it simple), just let a layer cook up in the pan before pulling it aside to let uncooked egg take its place

flip once, cook to your preference, serve

i do not recommend adding salt or seasoned vegetables while cooking, it makes them watery- but that is arguably the american style, so do what you want
>>
>>7292587
>>
How big of a pan do I need? The only nonstick skillet I have is 12 inches. I was thinking of just picking up a t fal but not sure if I should go 8 inches or 10
>>
File: IMG_20160118_114842.jpg (155 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160118_114842.jpg
155 KB, 576x1024
>>7292719
Of course it does you fucking retard
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.