[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a serious energy problem, I think it might be diet related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: pelicant.gif (2 MB, 224x199) Image search: [Google]
pelicant.gif
2 MB, 224x199
I have a serious energy problem, I think it might be diet related but I'm not sure. I'm sleeping 12-13 hours a day and I'm always tired when I'm awake.
Diet is normal ish I guess, normally something along the lines of
>Porridge and fruit for breakfast
> Cheese/Tuna mayo/Marmite sandwich for lunch
> Dinner varies, but it's almost always self cooked pretty much from scratch, very rarely do I use pre prepared or processed foods, although I will admit the quality of meat I tend to use isn't fantastic, but I'm on a student budget. Would upgrading to fresher meat work?

No soda, ever. Only milk, water, black coffee and occasionally fruit juice.

Any ideas on where there are any issues, or should I just go see a doctor? Guy in early 20s, if it helps.
(Pic unrelated)
>>
>>7292556

Honestly your diet is better than the vast majority of people. I seriously doubt your problem is diet related.

See a doctor.
>>
>>7292556
See a doctor.
A friend had the same issues, it was a virus. Not really dangerous and easy to tread.

So better safe then sorry.
>>
Had a similar problem. Went to a neurologist and turns out I've got a sleep disorder called sleep apnea. Luckily it can be treated, and I generally don't feel so tired anymore.
>>
You are over sleeping, wake up an hour or two earlier and you will notice it getting better.
>>
>>7292556
Eat at least 5 oz of mixed greens a day, get on a multivitamin and/or wheatgrass. Micronutrient deficiency.
>>
>>7292556
You're bored and/or depressed. Find something you actually care about, make your house less comfortable and go outside.
>>
>>7292556
stop drinking coffee and see how you feel in a week or two
>>
>>7292556
Would've helped if you'd listed approximate amounts of what you eat daily.
All I know you could be underfed, depending on how much exercise you get with that amount of fuel.
>>
You are likely oversleeping. Do you think you may have a depression? Your diet doesn't sound too bad.
>Force yourself into a fixed sleeping patten. At least five days a week where you go to sleep at 22 and wake up at 6. Adjust to work/studies but try to sleep before midnight and be awake before 8.
>Never snooze. When the alarm goes off, get out of bed immediately and do something - make coffee, have a shower, read the news, do push-ups. Do not lie down again.
>Get more exercise. This is far more important to energy levels than changing a diet from decent to great. Don't work out just before bedtime.
If you follow these simple steps for a few weeks and don't experience a huge improvement, see a doctor. It could be a virus, something neurological, or something to do with your thyroid.
>>
Recently had the same problem. I saw a doctor and was found to have depressive symptoms.
>>
Not /fit/ but exercise raises energy
>>
Too much sleep, lack of exercise and alcoholism.
>>
>>7292556
this really should go in the /fit/ board (health and fitness after all), but here's my two cents

caffeine supresses REM sleep. it also has a half life of around 7 hours (i'm not looking it up, this is out of my memory). so, if you drink coffee after around noon, it's still active in your system at bedtime. this means that you spend the first 8 hours or so cycling through the first 4 layers of sleep, while never getting REM. you either wake up early and exhausted, and use caffeine as a crutch to make it through the day, or you sleep more, until it's cycled out of your system and your body can enter REM sleep. i'd suggest cutting back the caffeine, or at least abstaining after around 12. it also works somewhat similar to ssri (antidepressants), so be careful with that shit op, it's nasty stuff.

source: i was addicted to caffeine for 15 years or so, i used to sleep 12-13 hours a night, or not sleep at all (depending on how much i drank that day)
>>
how's your blood pressure, do you feel like you might faint when standing up too quickly? are you ever unreasonably cold?
>>
>>7292556
Go to a doctor.
>>
>>7293204
It's a pandemic. I too suffer from those symptoms.
>>
>>7293883
Heads up - Dr. Pepper isn't 100% reliable on his diagnosis.
>>
Go to doctor.
If you eat fish for dinner as well as lunch, then it may just be mercury poisoning, but it could also be thyroid, or something even spoopier.
>>
Could be a vitamin deficiency. I had those symptoms before and it turned out to be Epstein Barr.
>>
>>7293873
lol @ orthostatic hypotension
>>
>>7293997
it's a pain in the ass. just a matter of time until i actually fall over.
>>
Probably Because you're sleeping 12-13 hours a day, which is extremely unhealthy.
>>
>>7294208
Au contraire! Sleep is just about the most health beneficial activity outside of aerobics.
>>
>>7292556
Vitamin B deficiencies can cause this. So can an iron deficiencies. So can an impaired liver.

You really should see a doctor. There are so many possibilities.
>>
Maybe a melatonin deficiency? Maybe you aren't getting your REM sleep or whatever. Go see a doctor, fuck anons.
>>
File: 0061611012090_500X500.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0061611012090_500X500.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>7292556
Try Liverite maybe.
I take it, works best if you take two in morning and two around 6-8 hours later.
They added sustains energy" to the bottle because so many people said it was a side effect
>>
>>7292808
This is a thing for sure, I've woke up ok, gone back to sleep and woke up feeling horrible.
>>
>>7294239
Excessive aerobic exercise is harmful, too.
>>
>>7292556
>I'm a student
>I'm always tired despite 13 hours of sleep and a good diet
You have mononucleosis

It happens to a lot of people
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.