[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a pinch/dash of salt >25-35 minutes >until tender/browned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>a pinch/dash of salt
>25-35 minutes
>until tender/browned
>1 medium onion
>stir occasionally
>a light simmer
>knob of butter
>1 cup of diced "X"
>use lean beef
>medium to high heat
>until hot/chilled
>use premium olive oil

Why am I still here? Just to suffer?
>>
calm down sperg
>>
>>7291216

all of these are specific technical terms with well understood usage, what's your problem bby?
>>
>>7291216
Yes there are variables to cooking. This isn't baking.

Your oven or burners might be different. Your measurements don't always have to be exact. Experiment with your cooking and get a taste for what you like. It is not an exact science and perfectionism will only hurt you if you are lacking experience.
>>
>>7291216
To shitpost and meme it up since you have nothing else better to do, obviously.
>>
>>7291227
explain them then
>>
>>7291235
Explain what? Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>7291239
>What is the mass of a pinch of salt?
>How do I determine the exact cooking time within a given range without having done previous experimentation in the same controlled conditions?
>How many Newtons of force and how far should the meat be depressed to be defined as tender?
>What is the wavelength of light emitted by a brownish color?
>What are the volumetric dimension of a medium onion?
>At what frequency per unit time should I stir?
>What is the temperature of a light simmer?
>What is the volume or mass of a knob of butter?
>What are the dimensions of a piece of diced food?
>What is the mass ratio of fat to meat in a piece of lean meat?
>What is the temperature range of medium to high heat and how is that range determined without previous experimentation in controlled conditions?
>What is temperature of hot or chilled?
>What brands of olive oil are considered premium under an internationally defined and approved olive oil authority and what chemical make up and properties do these premium olive oils posses?
>>
>>7291235
A pinch is as much as you can pick up between your index finger and thumb, a dash is one shake of a shaker or twist of a grinder

25-35 minutes. Exactly what it sounds like, somewhere within that 10 minute period whatever you're making should be done. Learn the signs of doneness for various foods and free yourself from ridged timing

Stir whenever its starting to look like its settled or sticking depending on what your making, probably one good stir where you completely mix it every 5 minutes or so

clearly bubbling but not enough to significantly/regularly disturb the surface of whatever you're cooking

more than a pad (1/8th an inch of a stick of butter) but less than a tablespoon of butter

this is self explanatory. Cut it roughly into half inch squares and fill up a measuring cup

depends on what cut you're using for the exact measurements but lean beef is any beef lower in fat than the standard for that cut. for specifics google is your friend.

Exactly what it sounds like. More heat than required for a simmer but not so much that liquid quickly boils off super fast. It should sizzle but not be so hot that it needs constant movement to prevent burning.

if you can't figure this one out you need more help than I can provide but I guess hot or cold to the touch.

The last one is kinda dumb, feel free to gripe about it.
>>
>>7291263
see >>7291265
>>
>>7291269
welp its back to take out for me
>>
>>7291276
Why? cooking really isn't hard if you're willing to do some background reading. Its an art and a science, the only skill you really need is an attention span strong enough to watch something for like an hour max
>>
>>7291263
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>7291263

busu baka gomeneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>not sorry actually
>>
>what do you mean cooking isn't an exact science?
Get your autism checked out anon.
>>
>>7291216
Most of this will be assuaged once your realise there is no absolute precision. Climate, humidity, height above sea level, equipment, and water hardness are examples of factors that result in variation. You need to be able to observe results and adjust accordingly for optimum results.

It's the recipes that give hard quantities that you need to be wary of.
>>
>>7291319
Exactly, learn what goal your trying to achieve and the means to do so. You can adjust as you go to meet that goal once you understand how various ingredients work and respond to each other.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 597x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 597x361
>>7291263
>spent the time to type this out
>>
If you bake with exact measurements you're using science, not love.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.