[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking with Lemons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My gf has a lemon tree and its been very fruitful. They have baskets and still haven't finished picking them and they're already starting to go bad

We filled up a few ice trays and Tupperware with lemon juice, her mom just took a basket of them to her, but we've barely made a dent in what we've harvested. Any recipes you guys know of that require plenty of them?
>>
>>7290510

Limoncello
also
http://www.nola.com/food/index.ssf/2012/12/lemon.html
>>
Use what you need, freeze some juice and zest, invite more people over to take what they want, be happy that you'll have more free lemons next year if you don't fuck things up with your gf.

If you really want to make a project out of it you could do limoncello or preserved lemons.
>>
File: lemonquares.jpg (560 KB, 1232x4980) Image search: [Google]
lemonquares.jpg
560 KB, 1232x4980
Preserved lemons (in salt)
Lemon curd (can be frozen)
Limoncello
Lemon squares (pic related)
Marinades (like chicken yassa)
Harvest and freeze the zest
candied peel.
Lemonade (many variants possible)
>>
>>7290510
Preserved lemons are used massively in Moroccan cuisine.
>>
>>7290526

Forgot lemon curd, which can be canned.
>>
http://www.trueactivist.com/45-uses-for-lemons-that-will-blow-your-socks-off/
>>
>>7290523
>>7290526
>>7290548
>>7290549

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try some of these out. I'm hoping to bake and make a few things to take the college and library and such, her mom is always cooking stuff for charities and what not

Thanks for the help anons
>>
Lemon curd
Preserved lemon (shit is gud)
Lemon confit
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.