[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have no idea how to make good food other than breakfast foods(Eggs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1453104276254.jpg (81 KB, 427x740) Image search: [Google]
1453104276254.jpg
81 KB, 427x740
I have no idea how to make good food other than breakfast foods(Eggs, toast, etc) and spaghetti.

I'd really like to stop eating frozen pizzas and stuff. How do I find better stuff to make or eat?

at the very least can y'all recommend me a cookbook or something? Im an American(Texan). I just don't want to die from clogged arteries from eating only pizza, greek yogurt and milk
>>
pan fry some nice green veg like broccoli or brussel sprouts
>>
>>7290299
"Joy of cooking" is my bible
>>
File: 1449179263089.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263089.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
You can always spruce up your frozen pizzas with fresh ingredients.
>>
>>7290307
I do want to try Broccoli. The little trees look really good. I've never had brussel sprouts so ill see if i can find a recipe with them or something.

What the heck does Cauliflower taste like? it looks so odd
>>
File: broccoflower.jpg (173 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
broccoflower.jpg
173 KB, 500x375
>>7290313
what you need is broccoflower

our lovely fractal friend

just don't cook anything too long.. it should keep it's bright colour and crisp bite
>>
>>7290309

Yep, "Joy of Cooking" is a great book.

I also liked "The Kitchen Survival Guide" by Lora Brody. The recipes are very simple, but it's designed for college kids who have never cooked.
>>
>>7290325
wat

>>7290350
>>7290309
I'll take a look at the bookstore. if not i always have amazon. I just wanted something well rounded. thanks guys

>>7290311
I occasionally do. Pineapple mostly
>>
curry is tasty and extremely easy to make, just get a decent quality curry powder, toss it in with onions and garlic and olive oil to create a kind of paste, brown whatever meat you're using, then add a decent amount of water and simmer that shit for hours. I also find curry powders usually aren't spicy enough so I add cayenne or any other dried hot peppers.
>>
>>7290313
Raw cauliflower tastes kinda like a milder form of cabbage. When it's cooked it tastes like ass.
>>
>>7290357
>take a look at the bookstore
For broccoflower? I love you texans but cmon man
>>
>>7290364
Throw some ginger in with the garlic and youve got a real curry. The great thing about Indian curry is it ranges from rather simplistic to intoxicatingly complex if you use plenty of fresh spices and vegetables for the base
>>
>>7290299
Start with The Joy of Cooking. You can also try out How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. I suppose that's more of a contemporary take on things. But basically, you'll need to increase your repertoire and that's really easy to do. The newer editions of The Joy of Cooking have more than just American fare so that's nice to have that variety. A lot to good cooking is in seasoning. Sometimes just salt and pepper just won't cut it. It'd still be decent but not good. Try to do a new dish a week and you'll be in good shape.
>>
File: 1452890747493.jpg (48 KB, 577x629) Image search: [Google]
1452890747493.jpg
48 KB, 577x629
>>7290405
I am worried about trying curry. Everyone talks about it destroying toilets. I've never even seen indian food. i'll try it though.

>>7290395
seriously never heard of it.

>>7290385
Never had cabbage either ;_; i better get started

>>7290415
oh man im excited :3

I wasnt sure if i was gonna get memed to death. I appreciate yall
>>
>>7290299
I call bait.
>>
>>7290438
Curry is the tastiest food you will ever eat. Take it sensibly with rice and/or bread and your toilet will be spared, just think of it like hugely spiced chilli (chilli pretty much is a curry)
>>
>>7290313
boil brussel(s) sprouts in a lil water and lots of butter, little salt and pepper. easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
>>
>>7290438
You've had coleslaw before, right? That's essentially cabbage slathered in mayo.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.