[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder these all taste identical, and any differences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: identical.jpg (92 KB, 670x405) Image search: [Google]
identical.jpg
92 KB, 670x405
Daily reminder these all taste identical, and any differences you think you notice are just in your head.
>>
>>7290297

lies!
>>
>>7290297
Yes, we know. Eggs are bitter, chicken and paprika have no flavor, and cilantro tastes like soap, too.
>>
fuck off
>>
Despite it being my favorite color, green bell pepper is my least favorite, probably because of the dishes I associate it with.

>everything gets mixed together in your stomach anyways so why even try!
>>
>>7290316
>asshurt pepper man detected
>>
>>7290297
I just buy them based on color. Like if the thing has a lot of green stuff in it I won't buy a green one; lots of tomatoes, no red pepper.
>>
Red is aesthetically superior
>>
>>7290297
Ill kill you faggot
>>
>>7290382
The green ones are unripe. All of the other colored peppers start out green. Unripe=bitter. Ripe=sweet.
>>
Red is very sweet, almost like a fruit. Orange-green have increasingly herbal and peppery flavour. OP's taste buds must be autistic, or more likely he just lives on chicken tendies and can't identify nuanced flavours.
>>
>>7290297
I just had a chat with a whote rabbit and it told me what time it is. obviously poor taste time.
>>
>>7290297
Greens definitely taste the words
Reds look the best and are the best for cooking
Orange is the best to eat raw
>>
>>7290297
greens noticeably taste worse than the others
>>
>>7290297
>lol i said something transparently stupid
>gonna get some funny responses to this
>my ruse runs deep
>>
I like green the most. To me, it's much sweeter than red, yet also mild.
>>
Green tastes the best you plebs just can't appreciate bitter foods.
The worst is objectively yellow/orange
>>
>>7291246
This anon gets it.
Bell pepper power rankings:
>Elder God
Green
>good tier
Red
>cuckold tier
Yellow and orange
>>
>>7291246
>>7291912
agreed
>>
Orange>Red>Yellow>>>>Green
>>
>>7290402
Don't say stupid shit
>>
brighter colour means riper and more flavor, so it's officially

red>yellow>green
>>
>>7291246
>>7291912
I like to eat orange/yellow raw by itself but cook with red and green.
>>
>>7290297
Yellow>orange>green>>red
>>
>>7291246
>hating on yellows

greens are still the best though
>>
green>yellow>red>orange
>>
i like red
>>
>>7292481
Yellow and orange kinds are naturally sweeter. I'm fine with any of them. If I am cooking with green ones, then I might add red, orange and yellow for more color but it's a hassle to do unless it's for guests or company.
>>
Green pepper is one of my favorite foods while red /yellow make me want to puke.
>>
Green is my favorite; my "go-to" pepper.
Yellow is okay. I tend to slow down my use of them if greens are available.
Red is the worst. Whenever I see them I just stop.
>>
Red > Orange > Green > Yellow

Also, OPs palate is what Randy Newman does to music.
He shits on it. Just right on top of, and all over it.
>>
>>7290314
Seriously, what does paprika taste like?
>>
>>7294762
dried, roasted and then grinded peppers
>>
>>7294774

Unless you get smoked paprika. Then it just straights like powered smoked; way overpowers any subtle pepper taste there might have been.
>>
OPs image had the peppers in the wrong order. It's freakin me out man
>>
>>7290297
No, they don't taste the same. Grow up and broaden your palate.
>>
>implying
>>
Green ones are cheapest at store I go to so I just buy those.
>>
I don't like any bell pepper. I mean, I'll eat them if they're in something, but if the flavor's too strong or if they're raw I'd prefer not to.

That being said, the most bearable is probably red.
>>
>>7290297
A refined palette might notice a difference but it's so minimal it doesn't even matter
I have shit head customers telling me daily to add peppers to their dish but not the green ones or not the red ones & my eyes roll back in my head like a fucking slot machine
>>
I agree; they're mostly just varying degrees to ripeness. If I'm making a dish that requires a good amount of peppers I'll buy one of each just to add color.
>>
I usually choose a color based on the dish I'm cooking, usually going for contrast. There's a slight difference between them but its usually not significant enough when cooked.
>>
>>7294837

>there's an additional flavor, therefore it's all I can taste
>"complexity" doesn't exist and is only a buzzword used to describe a dish with too many ingredients

didn't think I'd be shigging this early in the morning.
>>
>>7294610
underrated post
>>
>>7290297
Green is unripened.
>>
>>7290297
But that's wrong you retard.
>>
>>7290431
To me, the yellow (or orange) taste like how tar smells :(
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.