[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got 20lbs of chicken leg quarters that I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
I've got 20lbs of chicken leg quarters that I can't freeze. Recommend recipes on how to roast them please.
>>
>>7289676
Put them in the oven.
>>
With butter.
>>
>>7289676
garlic and ginger with sea salt will get the skin nice and crispy. There is no substitute. Or make tandoori with tandoori spices thats also delicious
>>
File: IG1005_Coq_Au_Vin.jpg (4 MB, 4096x3072) Image search: [Google]
IG1005_Coq_Au_Vin.jpg
4 MB, 4096x3072
i've recently made some coq au vin. shit was delicious and easy.
>>
>>7289738
here's the recipe:

you'll need
Chicken
Onions
Garlic
Carrots
Bay leaves
Pepper
Red wine
Salt
Bacon
Champignons

>wash and dry the chicken
>sift the wine, pick out the vegies
>cut up a bunch of onions. half or quarter them
>cut up a bunch of carrots. i made thumb-sized chunks
>prepare a bunch of halved garlic
>put everything in a big bowl (preferably with a lid)
>cover with red wine (the tastier the better)
>add some bay leaves and a good amount of whole pepper
>put some fresh thyme in too
>let sit over night (refrigerated)
>take the meat out, dry it.
>in a large skillet, sear lots of bacon pieces, then stir in some cut up champignons.
>set aside.
>in the fat from the bacon, sear the chicken thights untill nicely browned.
>add the veggies and stir fry a moment.
>add the wine back in.
>salt and pepper everything
>let it cook for a while, untill the wine is reduced to a nice saucy consistency
>add the champignongs/bacon mix and heat up
>enjoy now or let cool and reheat for maximum flavour
>>
>>7289769
damn, somehow it got all mixed up. that's the correct step by step:

>wash and dry the chicken
>cut up a bunch of onions. half or quarter them
>cut up a bunch of carrots. i made thumb-sized chunks
>prepare a bunch of halved garlic
>put everything in a big bowl (preferably with a lid)
>cover with red wine (the tastier the better)
>add some bay leaves and a good amount of whole pepper
>put some fresh thyme in too
>let sit over night (refrigerated)
>take the meat out, dry it.
>sift the wine, pick out the vegies
>in a large skillet, sear lots of bacon pieces, then stir in some cut up champignons.
>set aside.
>in the fat from the bacon, sear the chicken thights untill nicely browned.
>add the veggies and stir fry a moment.
>add the wine back in.
>salt and pepper everything
>let it cook for a while, untill the wine is reduced to a nice saucy consistency
>add the champignongs/bacon mix and heat up
>enjoy now or let cool and reheat for maximum flavour
>>
>>7289769
Where do I get Champignons???
>>
>>7289738
You like coq, do you?
>>
>>7289799
yes, i do. i love coq
>>
>>7289790
at the veggie section in your local supermarket? where i go there are always some mushrooms. but i guess you could leave them out if you want. they get added at the end and don't contribute to the flavour that much
>>
You don't roast chicken. It is best served medium rare. This salmonella meme was propagated by a jewish farmer who only raised cattle. He said it had to be cooked well done, which of course made it taste horrible. This would make people not like chicken and switch to beef.

Cook it like a steak, I do and I'm fine. Don't let greedy jews make you buy beef.
>>
File: yum.gif (3 MB, 283x204) Image search: [Google]
yum.gif
3 MB, 283x204
>>7289845
>>
>>7289830
I'm in the US I don't think we get them over here.
Can I use something else instead?
>>
season it how you like and cook them low and slow
>>
>>7289851
It's just regular white mushrooms.
>>
>>7289851
i think it would be better to just leave them out.
you can't really substitute them with canned mushrooms. and i guess you don't have king oyster, porcini or shii take there either?
>>
>>7289860
my bad. we call them champignons...
>>
>>7289869
No worries. At least you're not being all autistic and uppity about it like some of the faggots on this board who throw a fit when people say eggplant instead of aubergine or zucchini instead of courgette.
>>
File: Screenshot (6).png (227 KB, 1815x668) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (6).png
227 KB, 1815x668
>>7289851
I'm being trolled, am I not?
Fucking Americlaps man.
>>
>>7289885
Well, not everybody on 4chan is american and sometimes names get translated different than somebody with english as their first language would name them. So, no harm done. As lomg as you don't end up putting something weird into your food everything's fine
>>
season them and on the oven they go
>>
Why can't you freeze them?

If you don't have a freezer the obvious question is, why did you buy so much meat?

If you do have a freezer but simply don't have room, then you have options.

20 pounds really isn't that much, so I'd probably make 2-3 meals out of however much you want to eat over the course of a few days; coq au vin and adobo sound good, or just season however you want, roast them with some veggies and serve with a starch.

I'd simply season whatever you don't want to use immediately, add a little stock to it, cover it in foil, and throw it in a low oven for a few hours until you can pull the meat off the bones. At that point move it to plastic bags and you should be able to shove it into whatever freezer space you have available. Then you can take it out and all you need to do is heat it up or add it to whatever dish/sauce you feel like.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.