[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any alcoholics in recovery here? I was close to hitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: anunfortunatewoman.jpg (58 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
anunfortunatewoman.jpg
58 KB, 330x500
Are there any alcoholics in recovery here?

I was close to hitting bottom. Too close. Four days sober now. It sounds like bullshit, I know, but I've never counted the days before. I've never really tried.

What was your poison, /ck/? I always loved a bottle of red wine and 12 beers. That was just enough to get me where I needed to be. Enough to get me high and then send me to sleep. But I know better now.
>>
Great blog. Subscribed. Liked. Saged.
>>
its evident that you made this thread because you want to drink but I'm proud of you for not, faggot
>>
been sober for 7 hours now. I doubt it will last another hour. where is my prize
>>
>>7288706
You'll get it within the hour.
>>
>>7287971

I've been realizing lately that I'm an alcoholic. I've suspected for a while that I had a drinking problem, but when I started drinking more and more in the mornings, taking my flask with me when going out, making myself puke in the morning to avoid a worse hangover, etc. I started to realize it was a legitimate problem.

But here I am, skipping class and drinking bottom shelf whiskey and watching Netflix. Fuck. Glad you're doing better OP.
>>
I went for about an hour this morning drinking nothing but water.

That's probably the longest I've been sober in 2016.
>>
>>7287971

desu a bottle of red sounds good right now

thanks for the idea
>>
Not really, about to go get another handle of vodka. only a question of time now before work notices or my GF kicks me out. in total spasm now.

At least lambrusco never stops tasting good
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 458x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 458x707
>>7287971
Practically recovered.

During my first year of University I had a 6 month period where I started to drink myself to sleep, every night via half a bottle of ruby port from Aldi and would binge drink to go nightclubbing with some friends; this eventually slipped into daytime drinking.
It got bad to point that I would steal alcohol from my parents when I stayed over, my Dad eventually had a sit down with me and pointed out what I was doing.

I'm now capable of going two weeks without a drink and stopped binge drinking.
It really does help if you have someone you can talk to about this shit in your lives Anons.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.