[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: blendtecvsninja.png (152 KB, 641x385) Image search: [Google]
blendtecvsninja.png
152 KB, 641x385
Which one should I get?
>>
ninja
>>
Blendtec
>>
Vitamix
>>
Sears
>>
Viking
>>
Glad we could help.
>>
the one that doesn't look like a faggot
>>
>>7286857
refurbished vitamix, 6 year warantee
>>
>>7286996
I received one of those as a gift last year. It's pretty good, but I heard Blendtec never needs a tamper. I think that would be better.
>>
>>7287034
plenty of situations a blendtec will need a tamper or something to push bits into the blades to speed up the process, typically low liquid situations.
>>
>>7286996
vitamix > blendtec >>>> ninja
>>
>>7287060
But only to speed it up? Because with my Vitamix I find I get in situations where a complete air pocket forms around the blade and I need a tamper to get it to continue blending at all.
>>
File: TXCMr76.png (187 KB, 1906x1761) Image search: [Google]
TXCMr76.png
187 KB, 1906x1761
heres consumer reports comparison on their top blenders if you're interested
>>7287074
are you turning the speed up too fast, thats usually when that happens to me i turn the dial too fast or turn the high switch on too early
>>
>>7287092
Maybe, but I sometimes have trouble turning it up too slowly as well, so I'm not yet sure where the sweet spot is.

Can you have the same problem with a Blendtec, though? I was told that you can't.
>>
>>7287107
I can't say as i've not used one but with a blade spinning fast enough air pockets are possible regardless, blendtec may get around it with their fancy wild side jar
>>
I've owned both the Blendtec and Vitamix at one point. Ended up returning the Blendtec because it sucked and I returned the Vitamix because I went broke; Thank god for Costco.

I would go crazy with my green smoothies and pack them to the brim; the Blendtec would overflow on me like 3/5 times when I did that. In low liquid situations, it would always struggle, and I'd end up adding more liquid and or having to scrape down a bunch of times. Lastly, the motor would sometimes struggle, and start to heat up and almost smell a bit (perhaps the plastic heating up?). The final straw was noticing that it wouldn't completely pulverize seeds -- at that point I returned it.

The Vitamix, for the short period that I had it, was a dream to use. The thing felt noticeably more powerful. It would completely disintegrate seeds, and give me a "smoothier" consistency across the board. Never overflowed and never felt forced. Tamper was useful. I dunno, it just worked.
>>
File: 61XrHaUa0rL._SL1200_.jpg (118 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61XrHaUa0rL._SL1200_.jpg
118 KB, 1200x1200
>>7286857
Oster Versa. I've had one of these for 6 months, and it's awesome. Got it for $149 at Amazon during a lightning deal.
>>
I miss my parent's vitamix since I moved out. I really want one but even the refurbs are expensive. Anyone else have one of these?
>>7287347
>>
>>7287594
Same guy as before. It's 95% as good as my friend's Vitamix - the only difference i can tell is with raspberry seeds in a smoothie. The Vitamix will blend them pretty smoothly, but the Oster leaves them slightly grainy. At less than half the price of the Vitamix and with a longer warranty, though, I'm absolutely happy with the Oster Versa.
>>
File: 1310572247573.jpg (4 KB, 212x251) Image search: [Google]
1310572247573.jpg
4 KB, 212x251
aren't these all made in china anyways?

not even joking
>>
>>7287620
Do you know anything about the 1100 watt versa? $230 is a little out of my budget right now
>>
>>7287635
Vitamix is made in America. Not that that's any better these days.

Still, it doesn't mean that some aren't better than others.
>>
>>7287594
wait til black friday and use the 25% coupon they always put out
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.