[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a slow cooker thread? Getting /fit/ was relatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Can we have a slow cooker thread?

Getting /fit/ was relatively easy, but I've started losing gains because eating the same thing every day gets boring. And it doesn't help that after a long day at work its so much easier to order food thats horrible for you than it is to actually cook something. Luckily, thats why I got a slow cooker! I just throw all the shit in before going to work and by the time I get home, its ready. And unlike other meals where you have to cook beforehand, with the slow cooker I feel like I'm locked in and wouldn't be worth ordering a whole other meal.

I digress though; I'm running low on recipes to cook. Does anyone have recipes for any cheap, relatively healthy meals to cook in a crock pot?
>>
Use google. It's not difficult.
>>
>>7285766
I know, and I do. I was just wondering if anyone on /ck/ had any suggestions
>>
>>7285766
Use Google to find a better cooking forum without dip shits like you.

I enjoy slapping chicken, BBQ sauce, onions, garlic, and spices.
I've tried cayenne pepper and pakrika but I can't get the amount right. First time it had no impact and the second time it had an overwhelming flavor
>>
>>7285758
dude, slow cooked lean meats are like eating shredded shirts.
>>
>>7285819
Try adding the spices (or at least some of them) a couple of hours before it's due to finish cooking rather than at the start. If you chuck everything in at the beginning it can mute the flavours too much.
>>
>>7285758
Sounds like you aren't doing /fit/ properly then.

Dirty Gains.
Eat More.
Lift.
Eat Even More.
Win.
>>
slow cooking is a catch 22 for healthy eating.If you slow cook chicken breasts you end up with a dry, crumbly unappetizing dinner. thus to make anything good in a slow cooker you need meats high in fat, like chicken thighs or pork. Anyway, you're better off just doing rice/bean mixtures in slow cookers and cook your lean meats when you get home.
>>
>>7285758
I always liked a beef roast, whole potatoes, onions, carrots... dump some water in with it, then season. I usually change up my seasonings, but I generally use a half packet of Lipton French onion soup mix. Certainly nothing special, but it always turns out well.
>>
>>7285819
>>7285832
>>7285842
>>7285839

thanks for the suggestions. Making some BBQ chicken right now actually

>>7285833
my problem isnt strength, I've got plenty of that (I squat 4pl8, bench 2pl8 and deadlift 3.5pl8) my problem is that I want to cut to about 20% bf. Right now I'm sitting at around 28%
>>
>>7285842
Oop.
I meant
>frozen beef roast
>>
File: 1446837400609.jpg (51 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1446837400609.jpg
51 KB, 500x667
>>7285832
I'll try this next time. I need to go buy some more sauce and I'll probably throw the chicken in the slow cooker tonight.
>>
I don't know how /fit/ it is, but have you tried slow cooking bolognese, root vegetables or lamb shanks?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.