[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any ideas on what to do with a spiral ham that doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 103846455_true_1_976x732.jpg (120 KB, 976x732) Image search: [Google]
103846455_true_1_976x732.jpg
120 KB, 976x732
Anyone have any ideas on what to do with a spiral ham that doesn't involve shoving the entire thing in an oven?
Bought a dozen pound one real cheap off a sale today, and still considering my options.
>>
It is a ham, you have no options.
>>
>>7284099

I mean... there's not much you can do with ham.

Maybe you can slice it and then cook it, I guess.
>>
Chop it up and make a gigantic pot of beans
>>
>>7284099
Cut it 1/4" and fry for breakfast.

Bake and eat.

Dice, mix with hash browns

Cube and make white bean and ham soup ( use the bone too)

Cube and pan fry with onions , pepers, and spices.

Cook , cut thin , add cheddar make a sandwich.

Freeze it.
>>
>>7284114
this, it will be sooooo good. get a crock pot from goodwill or your mom, it will make it easier.
>>
Give that piece of shit away and cook a roast beef.
>>
>>7284262
Will probably try the breakfast and onion frys this week.
>>7284114
>>7284268
Got a crock already, so maybe I'll try it when I can be arsed to set it up.
>>
File: 1265670075741s.jpg (86 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
1265670075741s.jpg
86 KB, 600x368
>>7284099
Sit back nigga here we go,
You're about to smoke this fucking bitch.
You heat a container large enough to hold the bitch in pan just the right size to collect any juices that drip.
You're gonna baste that bitch with a mixture of honey, brown sugar, black pepper, and lemon juice.
Cook until she starts crisping over.
Collect juices.
Baste again.
When you're entire house smells like a delicious thanksgiving day feast at Daniel Boone's, house you take it out.
Slice desired thickness of strips while toasting you're favorite bread and gathering any ingredients you want on your sandwich. This bitch is history.
>>
>>7284318
>"smoke"
if you have access to an outdoor cooking mechanism large enough to hold ham and you can burn hickory at the same time and close that ham in to cook for roughly over one hour by which time the center temperature should be somewhere around 160 degrees F
>>
make rum ham or soup

>>7284318
this is full blown autism. you need smoke to smoke something
>>
File: 1453143909866.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453143909866.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>7284406
>>
>>7284318
>>7284330
Sorry, don't have a smoker, and can't exactly afford to buy one.
Maybe at the end of the year.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.