[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i want to make maanchis kimchi from this video https://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Kimchi-5.jpg (292 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Kimchi-5.jpg
292 KB, 900x600
i want to make maanchis kimchi from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTucCw1w6Ak

i have one question tho, after draining the cabbage is there any reason to not cut the cabbage in to smaller chunks for easier mixing with the paste and eating once fermentation is finished?
>>
>>7283989

There's no reason why that should be a problem.

The one thing that always bothered me about that video is I don't think she ever says whether to leave the kimchi out initially, or store it in the fridge. She only says to keep it in the fridge after it's started fermenting.
>>
Generally you leave it out for around 3 days, then refrigerate it
>>
>>7284011
I made it before. Important to refrigerate before it rots.
I did a 3 gallon crock 2/3rds full, but left it on my counter in 90ยบ+ temps... After a few months it was the most disgusting thing I had ever smelled, crawling with maggots and flies... Tasted good the first couple of days though! :^D
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.