[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gimme your best pork chop recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: raw-pork-chop.jpg (10 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
raw-pork-chop.jpg
10 KB, 450x300
Gimme your best pork chop recipes
>>
Haram
Please remove
>>
>>7283737
Lurking for potential dinner making thread
>>
put pork chops into a bag
pour in some olive oil
dump in some italian seasoning
squeeze some lemon juice into that bag
let it marinate
pan fry it
eat
>>
pan fry porkchop in fat of choice, bacon fat recomended, serve with coleslaw, applesauce and cheesy shells.

$10,000 dollar dinner.
>>
>>7283779
Any apple incorporation in the frying?
>>
>>7283737
> defrost porkchop if frozen
> throw in pan on medium heat with some butter
> season with salt and pepper

flawless.
>>
Throw shitty pork chops in trash and cook beef.
>>
tonkatsu desu famiglia
>>
>>7283783
Faggot.
>>
>>7284201
nah man, what you wanna do is dredge it in whatever your go to version of seasoned flower is, then pan fry till both sides have a nice crust on them, then into the over for five or so minutes depending on how thick they are
>>
braise in whatever

/thread
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20090314023601/http://healthycooking.suite101.com/article.cfm/apple_stuffed_pork_chops

Do yourself a favor and copy this recipe down. This might be one of the best things I have ever tasted

2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1-2 ribs of celery
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced (such as Granny Smith)
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries (such as Craisins)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 1-inch boneless pork chops
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup apple juice mixed with 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
>>
>>7284424

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add the diced apple, cranberries and cinnamon. Cook another minute or two so flavors can meld. Remove from heat.
With a paring knife, cut a pocket on the side of each pork chop, leaving about 1/2-inch of the pork chop intact on three sides.
Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the apple-cranberry mixture into each pork chop. It's okay if you can see the stuffing on the side, but don't let it spill out.
Wipe out the skillet you used to make the stuffing with a paper towel. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat.
Season the pork chops with kosher salt and pepper on one side. Using tongs, place the pork chops, seasoned side down in the skillet. Cook until you get a nice brown sear on that side, about 5 minutes.
Turn pork chops with tongs. Season the other side with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
Transfer pork chops to a glass baking dish. Bake 10-15 minutes in preheated oven or until a thermometer registers 135 degrees F. Remove from oven and cover with foil.
To prepare sauce, place the apple juice-cornstarch mixture in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Let simmer until reduced by half.
Whisk in the mustard. Serve over pork chops.
>>
>>7284424
I dunno man, seems like frying pork chops so their nice and juicy is just fine. The problem is almost everyone overcooks them, but when they're cooked well, they're great. The fat is rendered well, the meat is still juicy and pink, it's pretty much perfect protein.
>>
>>7283737
It's all in your marinate and the quality of your chops senpai
>>
>>7284431
I probably overcook them when I make these but I don't care. Any pork that still has "pink" in it scares me unless it's pink from the smoke ring.
>>
>>7284454
>I'm too scared to learn to X

oh I know, senpai, but if I do Y, I'm always safe and nonthreatening.
>>
Brine them. A few hours in a brine and then you can just cook them up in any fashion without adding something and enjoy the flavor instead of tasting a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>7284413
no salt and pepper/10
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.