[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry if this is unoriginal but... whats the best coffeemaker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1453161727349.jpg (183 KB, 1308x1500) Image search: [Google]
1453161727349.jpg
183 KB, 1308x1500
I'm sorry if this is unoriginal but...
whats the best coffeemaker for poorfags
are high end machines worth the extra price
>>
French press
Yes
>>
Buy a quality burr grinder ($70+), a kitchen scale that can measure to tenths of a gram at least, an electric kettle with a long spout, and a simple brewing method like: Hario V60, Aeropress, Chemex, etc.
>>
File: Moka-pot.jpg (78 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Moka-pot.jpg
78 KB, 1000x500
>>7283331
Poorfag here. Moka pot or French press are the best bang for your buck

>are high end machines worth the extra price
Depends how much you like coffee, I definitely wouldn't start with one
>>
File: 1361532843597.jpg (6 KB, 222x219) Image search: [Google]
1361532843597.jpg
6 KB, 222x219
>>7283357
>a kitchen scale that can measure to tenths of a gram at least
>an electric kettle with a long spout
>>
>>7283331
Depends how poor you are and how you like to drink your coffee.

I had a De'Longhi EC145 which was cheap. Got about 4 years use out of it, being used once or twice per day. It only broke due to moving house - I think it got knocked around a bit during the move. Obviously the espresso made from a cheap machine isnt as good as an expensive coffee shop machine. However, it was perfectly acceptable for a cheap home set up. The milk steamers on cheap machines also arent great, but since I was only really making espresso I wasnt too concerned.
>>
Hit up your local thrift shop you can usually get a nice coffee machine for 10 or 15 bucks
>>
File: 51ZPeFEe2GL._SL1100_.jpg (55 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
51ZPeFEe2GL._SL1100_.jpg
55 KB, 1100x1100
>>7283386
You need a kettle like this.

It's near impossible to pour as evenly, slowly, and accurately with a dollar store kettle that has the traditional 'tetrahedron' shape. If you're going to do a variety of methods, most importantly the pourover, correctly, you will need the ability to pour precisely.

I like a scale that measures to the tenths place. Sometimes you are working with a relatively small number and +/- 1g is somewhat significant. It's nice to have around for other kitchen applications, as well. It's so much easier and more consistent to follow recipes by weight rather than volume.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.