[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did human start raising grain for bread or beer? I think we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: grains.jpg (1 MB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
grains.jpg
1 MB, 1000x900
Did human start raising grain for bread or beer?

I think we started making beer. Its got water, carbs, flavor, good bacteria, good fungi and most importantly, alcohol.

its got everything you need to stay alive and feel good about it for 24 hours.
>>
It was probably started to make bread but beer would have been an accidental discovery.
>>
>>7280811
The first grains were used to make an alcoholic beverage of sorts, yes. Historically there was only a few ways to preserve food, fermenting was one of them and quite possibly the healthiest way to preserve food as well.
>>
>>7280811
Of all places, why would you ask this here?

Archaeological evidence points to beer, but archaeological evidence doesn't mean dick thousands of years from when it was made with a perishable product.
>>
>>7280821
food and cooking

food......

FOOD
>>
Before the development of modern filtration and brewing methods, beer had nothing to do with the beer of today.

Whole families drank beer because it was cheaper to make, it had all the nutrients and low amount of alcohol, it's why you see 'wine' and 'mead' to be popular in history as main alcoholic drinks, rather than beer which was considered as something for the masses.
>>
>>7280836
>asking an intelligent question on 4chan, expecting an intelligent answer

It doesn't matter how appropriate it is for the forum if the audience is mentally retarded.
>>
Bread came first

Like 20k years earlier

The idea of getting drunk wasn't something our ancient ancestors thought was a survival or even pleasure necessity
>>
>>7280880
They had to preserve the food, it wasn't about getting drunk.
I'm sure they tried fermenting pretty much everything, the idea was never to make beer, just to preserve their food.
You know they didn't have fridges or freezers back then, yeah?
Besides, the fermented grains they prepared were far and away nothing like we would call beer I'm sure.
>>
>>7280893
Well when you say it makes you feel good it seems like you're talking about getting drunk
>>
>>7280880
Bullshit. Cats, monkeys, and other animals go out of their way to find mind altering substances. Why wouldn't early man.
>>
File: mmm_gruel.jpg (39 KB, 375x322) Image search: [Google]
mmm_gruel.jpg
39 KB, 375x322
>>7280811
>>
>>7281086
If a runny gruel gets some yeast in it you pretty much result in beer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.