[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snacks and Meals for Work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: milton-office-space.jpg (72 KB, 590x462) Image search: [Google]
milton-office-space.jpg
72 KB, 590x462
What do you all have as meals and snacks for work? I want something healthy and easy to prepare. I usually get lazy or run out of time for meals, but I'm trying to get in the habit of preparing sandwiches, specifically with turkey and veggies. For snacks I usually bring fruit like an apple or orange. What do you all do? Any suggestions?
>>
i eat sunflower seeds, peanuts in the shell and apples

i used to also bring boiled eggs but eggs make me sick now :(
>>
>>7279929
Its a lot easier if you can make something the night before, and just grab it out of the fridge.

Nuts and seeds (not with dried fruit) make for a decent snack if you can portion 100-200 calories at a time.

Yogurt and fresh fruit is never a bad idea.

hummus and pita crackers isn't so bad.

small vegetables to crunch on, try not to pack a dip as it usually adds unnecessary calories to your day.

I liked beef jerky, but it often leaves strong breath.

Are you trying to lose weight or just save money by not eating out all the time?
>>
>>7279933
>>7279984
Good ideas on nuts and seeds, I might get some.

And more staying healthy, like I don't want to eat greasy chips for snacks.
>>
>>7279929
I always make extra for my dinner the night before, so the leftovers are for lunch the next day. Soup/stews freeze well, so you can make a bigger batch on the weekend, portion it out, bring it into work whenever you want. Pasta and rice dishes reheat well. PROTIP: Don't reheat that shit in your plastic dish, get a real ceramic mug/bowl and keep it at your desk.

As for snacks, celery, cauliflower and broccoli are my go-to's (also keep a toothbrush and paste in my desk because fuck those little green things that get stuck in your teeth.) I've given up soda, so carbonated water (check out truelemon.com ) gets me through the day. But in the morning, it's coffee and yogurt.

Trying not to be a fat fuck
>>
For my meal I think pasta is a staple. Just boil some eat a little at home, and take the "leftovers" with you to work.

Also broccoli and caulifour boiled for like 2-5min makes a great lunch.

All these are great lazy/ get up and go lunches.
>>
>>7279929
No snacks, just water and coffee.

Do push ups, jumping jacks, other shit at the top of every hour.

Breakfast is oatmeal with flax seed, then a piece of fruit.

Lunch is usually leftovers, but a good tuna salad with spinach or something is fine.

Work out as soon as getting off of work, then usually make some /ck/~esque fatty decadence.

Drink and do any on-hand drugs leftover from the weekend, then fall asleep.

>been 3 years now... is this purgatory?
>>
I drink water and eat almost nothing at work. Most of the time when you feel hungry you are thirsty. If I am really starving I'll have a couple Brazil nuts and some carrots.
>>
>>7280169
Did you activate those brazil nuts or ionize your carrots?
>>
>>7280195
No, I let the Brazil nuts get to room temp though. Carrots are usually precooked and cold.

I don't understand, I didn't mention Almonds.
>>
I just keep a handful of trail mix in my shirt pocket. Nobody uses them for pens any more, so it's a good way to make use of an otherwise worthless pouch.
>>
>>7280203
Almonds aren't the only tree nuts that can be activated.

>Most of the time when you feel hungry you are thirsty

shut your dumbdick whore mouth
>>
I used to work with a convicted murderer that occasionally stole my lunch.
>>
>>7280224
It's actually true that your body can easily register thirst as hunger. If you're only drinking soda and the like, try a few glasses of water next time you seem to be hungry.
>>
>>7280224
Calm down dude.

Brazil nuts aren't even tree nuts fucktard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.