[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
How come macaroons (Coconut is GOAT btw) aren't more popular? I feel like these could easily become a memefood like cupcakes.
>>
you must live in a flyover state

any city with even a small food scene is gonna have some bakeries that make loads of macaroons.

my city is small as fuck and there's no shortage of macaroons
>>
coconut macaroons suck, it's just chewing a pile of coconut

I love both coconut and cookies, but a coconut macaroon needs to get its shit together
>>
>>7278737
>any city with even a small food scene is gonna have some bakeries that make loads of macaroons.
Coconut macaroons, not french macaroons. It's impossible to find fancy coconut ones.
>>
>>7278737
They're in supermarket bakeries and small bakeries where I live, but people don't seem to sperg out over macaroons like they do with cupcakes or donuts.

I'm just saying that most people, when asked "what are your top 5 fav types of cookies" will not include macaroons in their answer. Macaroons are overdue for their 15 min of fame right?
>>
File: macaroon-vs-macaron.jpg (116 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
macaroon-vs-macaron.jpg
116 KB, 700x400
>>
>>7278729
What? They already sell it at every possible coffee shop, including timmy ho's and starbucks.
>>
Because some italian genuis thought it would be a good idea to name their creation with one extra letter than their more popular french counterpart, macarons.

So whenever anyone hears the word macaroons, they usually assume it to be macarons.

If macaroons wanted to become popular, they should change their names to something less retarded so people wont get confused when they hear its name.

Type in macaroons into google and look at the google pics, Most pics will be of the macaron and not the macaroon, so thats why macaroons should probably change their name to something else.
>>
>>7278756
I've had macarons several times now, and I am wildly underwhelmed by them. Why do people get hyped for these things? I'd rather have a crunchy exterior in a cream sandwich cookies
>>
File: baked-macaroons.jpg (163 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
baked-macaroons.jpg
163 KB, 575x383
>>7278764
How about "carajito" the name for them in Spain.

Or what about "congolais" - the French name. I really like conggolais. I think they'd be way more popular if they stuck with this name.
>>
>>7278729

They're a gross Jew food.

>jew york native, live in DC

It's really crap they serve the goyim.

>noodle kugle masterrace
>>
>>7278798

I wonder how long it would take that name to become mainstream though.
>>
>>7278970
In this age of technology? 18 months but could be as low as 12 or as high as 24
>>
File: 17291-960x720-haselnussmakronen.jpg (231 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
17291-960x720-haselnussmakronen.jpg
231 KB, 960x720
>>7278729
German here, these are a Christmas cookie staple.
Hazelnut macaroons are good too.
>>
>>7278756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLi170lYZqQ
>>
File: coconut-macaroons.jpg (715 KB, 1200x4181) Image search: [Google]
coconut-macaroons.jpg
715 KB, 1200x4181
>>7279175
Do you have a recipe for those?

>>7278729
No clue. They are super easy to make too.
>>
>>7279175
>hazelnut macaroons

oh god these must be incredible. I need to try making these but I've never made macaroons before. Is it hard?
>>
>>7279257
Oh shit. Making these this week.
>>
>>7279259
macaroons are easy af

>>7279257
basic recipe:
- 5 egg whites
- 350g powdered sugar
- 450g powdered hazel nuts (pic related)
- 60 wafers
- 250g whole hazel nuts

beat the eggs while adding the sugar and the powdered nuts
put heaps of the mass onto the wafers and put a whole nut on each one
bake at 160°C for 20min
makes 60

some people add curd for making them softer
>>
>>7279309
im dumb
>>
>>7279175
>>7279309

Oh friendly German-bro, what do you mean by "wafers"?
Is that a store bought cookie that is then topped with the hazelnut mixture?
>>
File: lebkuchenteig-oblaten.jpg (15 KB, 296x222) Image search: [Google]
lebkuchenteig-oblaten.jpg
15 KB, 296x222
>>7279328
Oblaten in German, wafer is the word leo.org told me. It's really nothing more than edible paper. I don't know if they are available where you are, but you can also just ditch them - they add nothing really and the mass holds together fine without them too.
>>
>>7279328
>>7279339
and yes, they are usually store-bought
>>
>>7279339
Ah, it's a paper... thanks!
I think I'd just try the mix on my silpat silicone baking sheet.
Regular almond macaroon seems to never stick to the silpat, so I see no problem if I cannot get the paper baking wafers.

THANKS!
>>
>>7279357
it's just rice paper i think
>>
>>7279417
it's made of water, starch and flour
>>
>>7278764
in english they're both called macaroon, but the french ones are usually called macaron because that's the french term for it.
also the french macaron is a special type of macaroon and if it weren't for the pinterest memery nobody would give this much of a shit about this specific type of macaroon
>>
>>7279339
its like a rice paper?
>>
>>7278751
cupcakes/donuts/macarons are popular because they have lots of different flavor types and combinations

Macaroons are just piles of shredded coconut, so the only people they're popular with are coconut lovers and Jews
>>
>>7279604
they don't have to be made with coconut, and thus have the potential to have many flavors. Personally, I think we're going to see red velvet macaroons some point soon.
>>
>>7278750
It's macaron
>>
>meme food

gtfo
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.