[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I do pic related the yolk always bursts when it lands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 6-overeasy.gif (773 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
6-overeasy.gif
773 KB, 470x264
Whenever I do pic related the yolk always bursts when it lands after flipping. How do I fix this?
>>
>>7278719
Gentle movement forward, abrupt but not a hard snap at the edge to flip.

Also make sure there's plenty of grease in the pan.
>>
Stop being a faggot
>>
File: Quality cutlery .jpg (18 KB, 619x256) Image search: [Google]
Quality cutlery .jpg
18 KB, 619x256
>muh induction has such precise temperature control
>still can't cook a simple egg without burning the fuck out of it
>>
use a spatula, who the fuck are you trying to impress. Youre prob eating alone you shitty egg flipping abortion survivor
>>
>flipping the egg

Disgusting behavior.
>>
>eating anything but sunnyside up
>>
>>7278786
Word
>>
>>7278786
Enjoy your food poisoning
>>
File: no thank you.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>7278786

>eating anything you cook
>>
idk y but lately (1 year) if i dont break the yolk cracking the egg, my yolk wont break on flip. i have no idea. i am enjoying fried eggs and eggs in a basket nonstop lately
>>
>>7278719
that egg is overcooked

just use a spatula
>>
over easy, sunny side up. is the proper way to make eggs. firm white on both sides, soft yolk within. i shop at shit ass ALDI for eggs. i don't wanna hear excuses about why ppl can't flip an egg 2 times so its plated sunny side up to dip, but turned over easy when cooked.
>>
>>7278914
Why did she ruin herself
>>
>>7279095
Probably hoped her daddy would stop touching her. She couldn't bring herself say no to him after all those years of saying yes, but she thought if her body was used up and ugly he might lose interest.
>>
>>7278719
>overeasy
>browned bottom

pick one
>>
>>7278753
>>7279081
>>7279139
You dense motherfuckers, that's just a related pic, not a recording of my eggs, I just want to know how to prevent the yolks from splattering.

I usually do 3 eggs at the same time, maybe that's the problem
>>
Just use a spatula like
>>7278754
said you fucking degenerate.
>>
Spatula
>>
>>7278719
Catch it instead of slamming your pan against it you dumb cunt
>>
>>7279209
And I should have added
>flipping your egg
>>
>>7279081
came here to post this
>>
>>7279160

Spoiler alert: People discuss pictures regardless of their origin.
You dense motherfucker.
>>
>>7279160
The pan should have a downward motion as you catch the egg. If you hold it still the egg hits it too hard. Ignore the rest of these autists.
>>
>>7278837
>never heard of putting a lid on sunny side up eggs
>>
>>7279311
steamed eggs are rubbery
>>
>>7279160
practice is the easiest way.

just like every other cooking method.
or anything in the fucking world that is a skill. practice.
You dense motherfucker.
>>
>>7279334
You dense motherfucker, I am practicing but it keeps popping 50% of the time
>>
File: dmf.png (90 KB, 252x253) Image search: [Google]
dmf.png
90 KB, 252x253
>>
>>7278719
become anhero, you'll never ruin your eggs again.
>>
>>7279341
Reminds me of my first year working in a restaurant. KM kept bitching because I would break the yolk a solid 50% of the time, slowing the brunch crew down. One morning I decided I'd had enough and brought in a full carton of eighteen from home. I broke no eggs that day. When they were my own eggs it became so much more serious and I flipped each one with the focus of a formula 1 driver.

OP my advice is that you shift the egg to the very front of the pan before attempting the flip. Give it a firm toss forward, tilting the pan the slightest bit downward at first. As the egg slides forward and goes airborne, tilt back and let it land in the pan. It's all in the wrist m80.
>>
>>7279318
>implying egg semen tastes better
>>
>>7278719
>dat image
heat too high
yolk already started to harden before flipping
that's not over easy, it's over hard, and no sane person likes over hard so fuck off

>>7279341
unlik in the image, when you catch the egg, you should lower the pan as you catch it to soften the landing
>>
>>7279520
I'm sane, I like them over hard. The yolk shouldn't be a runny goopy mess in my eggs. Yeah okay it's fine sometimes with bread, but if I'm just eating the fucking egg? I need to be able to stab the yolk and pick up a piece with the fork
>>
stop being a faggot and just use the spatula to gently turn the egg near the side of the pan. faggot just fucking kill yourself

>muh specul snowflake flippies
>>
GENTLEE GENTLEE FLIPPEE EGGY
>>
What sort of fucking imbecile can't even fry an egg?
>>
File: 1449005119841.jpg (94 KB, 523x456) Image search: [Google]
1449005119841.jpg
94 KB, 523x456
>>7279530
You know what I'm sayin'?
>>
>>7279530
I didn't know you liked the taste of sweaty testicles
>>
gentle
>>
>>7279530
the only time the yolk should be hard is when you hard boil the egg
>>
>>7279277
Partially.

>Initiate flip at slightly higher elevation.
>Lower pan at the same pace the egg falls so that the egg lands gently.

It's really just about decreasing the force by manipulating momentum, angling and lowering help. TLDR, don't be a brute.
>>
you have to quarter and spice it first
>>
do you egg flippers only cook one egg at a time?
>>
>>7279341

im a chef. keep practicing. im serious. i worked in a breakfast place and it took months to get a technique down. and i was cooking 200-300 eggs a day.
>>
>>7281197

you sound thick as fuck m8
>>
>>7281197
i wasn't breaking 50% of eggs. but it isn't as easy as you think.

[spoiler] it was also a new a restaurant and we were figuring everything out on the fly because the chef who started quit before the place even opened [/spoiler]
>>
Do people actually flip eggs or is this thread elaborate bait?
>>
>>7278753

that's browned, not burned, and either way it would have nothing to do with the virtues of induction cooking.
>>
>not tilting the pan and spooning fried oil on top of your eggs

cuck
>>
>>7281305
>oil
>cuck
You're a fucking idiot, son.
>>
>>7278719
don't flip it you retard
>>
>>7278837
Enjoy being a little faggot
>>
>>7279095
Her fucked up mother
>>
>>7278719
use a spatula or do it slower.
>>
>>7278786
Not eating runny whites.
>>
>>7278719
I use a spatula. It has to be a gentle motion, don't lift the egg high from the pan, and if you hesitate you're dead.

Hutzler makes fiberglass reinforced nylon spatulas that are GREAT for eggs, unless you're left handed.
>>
>>7278837
>food poisoning
>From eggs
No but if you live in a shit country you might get salmonella.
>>
>>7281228
Why bother dirtying a spatula or fork when you can just gently flip the egg over with the pan you're cooking it in?
>>
>>7281970
Moron.
>>
Tilt the pan forward until the egg is on the corner and yank it back towards you with almost zero vertical motion, so the egg rolls over itself backwards instead of actually flipping.
>>
File: best-eggs.jpg (138 KB, 483x300) Image search: [Google]
best-eggs.jpg
138 KB, 483x300
>>7278719
buy free range, organic eggs. You will notice the better quality when you flip
>>
>>7282472
I'm using wilcox organic and they're giving me problems
>>
>>7282483
are they free range?
>>
>>7282694
Yes, they are gluten free too.
>>
>>7281318
>namefag

just fuck off back to reddit you cuck
>>
>>7282472
Quality of eggs has nothing to do with flipping you fucking retard.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.