[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys my new years diet resolution of counting calories is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 5-2-diet (1).jpg (140 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
5-2-diet (1).jpg
140 KB, 500x333
Ok guys my new years diet resolution of counting calories is failing.
Gonna need to go full 5:2 if i am to meet my goals.

Looking for 500 calorie recipes that will hold me for a full day.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7277832
500 calories a day? That's not enough, and certainly not gonna hold you for a full day. If you don't up that, you're going to be hungry.
>>
>>7277832
Dude, you'll end up malnourished. Just stick to the plan and keep counting calories. The trick is avoiding eating anything you don't know the caloric content of, which should be pretty simple if you cook for yourself instead of eating at restaurants.

You could also look for Soylent.
>>
>>7277832
3x100g quark (low fat) 180kcal
300g broccoli 99kcal
2 teaspoons rapeseed oil 81.3kcal
200g red wine (140kcal)
= one day.

don't forget protein, you can lower carbs and fat but not protein.

broccoli, rape seed oil (everyday), courgettes are your friend. you should take up at least 43g protein/day.
>>
>>7277835
>>7277842

It's a 500 calorie day two days a week, every other day is normal.
>>
don't listen to the neisayers, it is possible and cuts weight fast. it may be a little boring, but you habe a goal. I included the red wine to keep your spirits up. daily long-release vitamin tab's after consuming the rape seed oil is very important.
>>
>>7277835
>>7277842

it's only two days a week that you eat so little.
the other days you eat as you please.
>>
>>7277852
>eat as you please
That doesn't sound healthy. Wouldn't it be better to just always watch what you eat, cut down on sugar a bit, keep an eye on how many calories you're eating?
>>
File: 1134516-trek2902.jpg (30 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
1134516-trek2902.jpg
30 KB, 448x336
>>7277843
>3x100g quark
>>
>>7277858
>Wouldn't it be better
Actually no, it turns out that having your body experience real hunger occasionally triggers a bunch of very healthy reactions including reducing igf1 levels by more than 50%
>>
>>7277862
protein.
>>
>>7277842
Malnourished? From eating 500 calories 2 days a week? Absolutely laughable.

>>7277832
OP you're going to want simple vegetable dishes with a little fat on days like this as they'll keep you full. Avoid carbs and meat cause they will add to your calorie total without sating you.

I would also recommend eating at least some yogurt or cheese.
>>
>>7277843
>200g red wine (140kcal)
Empty sugary calories. You would be better to get some whole grains or fats.
>>
>>7277998
Yes but that wine is going to give you a sweet buzz on an empty stomach
>>
When will people learn that jumping from diet to diet is never going to solve your problems? The only way to consistently lose weight and stay healthy is restricting calories and exercising.
>>
I feel ya OP, diets are hard to stick to, and you start missing food.

Christian Bale ate 1 can of tuna and 1 apple to drop something like 75lbs (muscle and fat) for a movie. Its very dangerous, you'll be irritable and won't think straight.

I havne't gone as low as 500 cals in a day, but eggs are packed with fat and nutrients at about 75 calories each. You could do 2 eggs in the morning, 2 eggs in the afternoon, and some veggies in the evening.

Until recently, i've had pretty good luck with doing 1500cals a day, with occasional ~1100 calorie days. Lost weight with no other changes. I do often miss food and think to myself: "I would really like to mow through an entire box of cookies dipped in milk right about now"
>>
5: drink
2: do not drink
>>
>>7278228
>you'll be irritable

I think this is something many fatties don't understand
I am 102lbs and 6'0 and it is awful because I am always angry. My little brother made fun of me by grabbing his hand round my wrist and I beat the shit out of him and made him hold his cock in front of me while I mocked its thinness. I get a white rage because of hunger. Be careful and don't let it happen to you
>>
>>7277832

You fucking goomba. Calculate your BMR, figure out your TDEE, subtract -500 from it (-1000 if you're a fatty fat fat) and keep it up until you're dead or hit your goal. A small calorie cut will be better on your body, it will be better on your mind, and you'll be less hungry than you would be following some bullshit Dr Phil diet meant for skinny middle class housewives trying to lose belly fat so the pool boy will fuck them.
>>
>>7278519
>subtract 500
Without stims that's going to be pretty rough going. 200-300 is a lot more sustainable. 1000 is insane.
>>
>>7278526

Have you ever lost a lot of weight? I have. I started January of last year at 6'0", 252lbs. Cruised down to 176lbs as of today. I had a -1,000 kcal cut up until the beginning of this year, because I'd hit 1,200 kcal limit for a day and THAT was feeling unsustainable after a week, so I added back 500 kcals.

Either cut is more sustainable than basically not eating for two days out of the week and then binging yourself on pizza rolls and beers the rest of the time.
>>
>>7277832
Uhhhh, no. Don't do that.

Can't you get a calorie counting app for your phone, or something? I use an app for that, it counts my calories, adds all my exercise, keeps track of my weight, and even counts the amount of caffiene I drink and the temperature and humidity of the day. Anyway, I've lost 38 pounds since the middle of November using that. Mainly, I just try to stay between 1200 to 1700 calories a day and make sure I walk/jog more than 10,000 steps a day. If I feel like I've hit a plateau and I don't see anything moving down, I just reduce my calories even more for a couple of days and up my exercise, and it sets it in motion again and I go back to my regular plan.
I also don't eat fast food, any non-whole grains, mainly fish and turkey for my meats, and lots of vegetables and fruit. And keep the fat under 40 grams a day.
>>
op is gonna have such a bad headache.
>>
>>7278498
You're going to need to pay for your brother's therapy later on. Just saying.....
>>
>>7278526
As someone who has trouble dieting I hear you, but -500 is fairly easy and maintainable for most people with a TDEE over 2000.

>>7277832
I've been trying a food plan lately with similar foods every day. It's been hard to keep at it, but I'm thinking of doing it by steps. two months of dieting followed by a month of maintaining with regular foods, that kind of thing.
For the diets I've been doing steel cut oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, green salad with chicken for lunch, chicken with rice and steamed veggies for dinner.
>>
File: MGTOW.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Humans were never meant to eat three meals a day.
Eating one small meal two days out of the week should not pose a problem to anyone with any self control.
I love how everyone here thinks OP will starve to death soon.
>>
>>7277832
Stop being a total fuck up and learn how to eat within a calorie limit; fuck it hasn't even been 20 days and you're already giving up. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>7279646
>Humans were never meant to eat three meals a day
Source?
>>
>>7277832
>my new years diet resolution of counting calories is failing
heh, I've lost about 15 already

know what my trick is? naps, when hungry, just nap until its appropriate to eat again
>>
>>7277869
Any legitimate peer reviewed source on that other than broscience dr oz bullshit?

This diet is literally, in a society where convenience food is minimal effort or money away, unsustainable.
>>
>>7278227
Yes, but I am an alcoholic who can only control his intake by drinking beer instead of hard liquor.

Any diet plans that fix that?
>>
>>7280575
You should only need to eat when you're hungry. If you're not hungry (and I don't mean fat person "hungry" in the "it's been a few hours since I've eaten anything, better eat again so I can make it till dinner"), you don't need to eat.

Now, everyone is a bit different, and how much you move around in a day is going to change how hungry you are, but most people honestly don't need 3 meals a day in a modern society. Breakfast (oat meal or an omelet, or maybe just a slice toast with some jam), a light snack or salad, and dinner would honestly suffice for most people with office jobs and keep them closer to a healthy weight.

A structured "everyone must eat 3 meals a day" thing isn't something people should believe, especially if they're not hungry three times a day.
>>
>>7280580
That sounds unemployed and unproductive. Correction, that sounds unsustainable and stupid.
>>
>>7280585
antabuse.
>>
>>7280585
>>Any diet plans that fix that?
Ween yourself off alcohol, or at least severely cut back.
>>
>>7280621
Sounds shitty.
>>
>>7280620
I am unemployed by choice. I came into a little bit of money, about 30k, and that really isnt enough to do anything meaningful with so I decided to quit my job and take some time off. When I starts to run dry I'll get a job again.
once I lose the weight I'm not worried about getting fat again, I didn't get fat over night and honestly getting fat was the best time of my life. I look forward to doing it all over again.
>>
>>7280637
Sounds like my situation. I got laid off at the end of 2014 but had a nice chunk of cash in savings and got a very nice severance package so I decided to just say fuck it and take an extended vacation from employment and figure out what I want to do with my life.

Still living off the severance and savings but it's starting to get low so I really need to sort something out in the next few months.

On the plus side, I haven't been this relaxed in many years. I get to sleep in until 9 or 10am every day, have no obligations other than paying my bills and taking care of my dog. I have plenty of free time to cook and got back into baking bread every few days.
>>
>>7280656
>and figure out what I want to do with my life.

kek, if that was true you would attempt education or social connections to further your goal. stop lying to yourself m80
>>
>>7280656
honestly I have considered homesteading or something. I'm really not interested in going back into the work force and only recently found out how grotesquely cheap undeveloped land actually is.
might buy a few shipping containers and build myself a little town or something
>>
>>7280662
>I'm really not interested in going back into the work force

I feel you. After busting my ass for over 15 years in a corporate environment, I have zero interest in doing anything even remotely similar again.
>>
>>7280688
and without getting all philosophical about it, when I Say I don't want to work people judge me as thought I'm doing something wrong.
>but how will you earn money
>what about responsibility
>but how will you get anywhere

as though they are getting somewhere and having a lot of responsibilities is a good thing. Bitch give me a backpack and a hatchet and I can take care of myself just fine, I don't really /need/ much money. You only need a lot money if all you care about is modern conveniences. but I'm perfectly content to sleep outside as long as I have a blanket and a dry place to lay down
>>
>>7277852
That sounds like my normal diet.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.