[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus on 5 guys ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: v goes to 5 guys.png (285 KB, 572x349) Image search: [Google]
v goes to 5 guys.png
285 KB, 572x349
What's the general consensus on 5 guys ?
>>
It's good, but it's expensive as fucking hell.
>>
Overpriced and underflavored
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
Oh its this thread again
>>
>>7277315
general consensus in this thread is that OP should go fuck himself
>>
File: aged_wb20140902073934120785.png (207 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
aged_wb20140902073934120785.png
207 KB, 361x361
It's quite literally

>Fast Food Place: The Meme

People who will tell you that 5Guys is the best fast food place will also unironically enjoy drinks out of mason jars.
>>
>>7277315
5 guys at once?
5 guys is fine
7 and you're a bad person that cant commit
10+ is slutty as fuck
15+ is full whore status
20+ end yourself
>>
>>7277315
ok but overpriced
>>
>>7277924
Good one; ^)
>>
>>7277315

Overpriced but otherwise fine I suppose.

It's just for the same cost you could be eating better.
>>
It's a fast food joint. That's about all that the majority of /ck/ can agree on.

And even then, I'm sure someone disagrees with that as well.
>>
>>7278053
I don't disagree necessarily, but if there's no drivethrough then I don't understand how you can compare it with McDonald's or whatever. The people that say OMG HOW CAN YOU EAT AT BURGER KING WHEN 5 GUYS EXISTS??? make no sense to me.
>>
Why so many fucking fries? I ordered one amount of fries, for myself so eat. Why are you giving me enough fries for a small family, 5 Guys? Why not just change the names of the size of the fries so I know that a "Small" is an entire fucking lb of fries?
>>
>>7277315
Not as good as six but better than four
>>
>>7278790
it's probably to make up for the prices of the burgers, since potatoes are cheaper

i think people convinced themselves that 5 guys is healthier/tastier simply because people don't like huge corporations
>>
>>7277315

All fast food burger joints spectacularly underwhelming
>>
>>7278870
Nobody thinks 5 guys is healthier. It just taste better with better ingredients than the typical burger that existed in 2006~
>>
If they used cheddar instead of American cheese, they could be top-tier. But they don't, so they aren't.
>>
>>7279045
Agreed.
>>
>>7277924
during a relationship
>>
>>7279045
>>7279101
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>7277924
>Tfw with a 20+
Gotta get out
>>
Overly expensive and shit tier everything.

Tasted like it was microwaved, skimps out on toppings, shit tier fries.

Not even the stale peanuts you get free are worth the energy opening them.

Only pretentious contrarian neckbeard faggots eat here because they go against the grain on actually good burger places.

Your photo sums up the fedora wearing customer base of five guys. Also, it's called five guys because the customers often fantasize about five guys cumming on their face.
>>
>>7279205
spotted the flyover-stater
>>
>>7277315

Loved to eat there once a month before the price change. Now it's simply too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>7277315
I really like it. Off the grill burgers and fresh cut fries. Unpretentious food that tastes good.

Also free peanuts, unless you're the wandering homeless guy who keeps walking in.
>>
why do they use shitty ass buns?
>>
>>7277315
Too many to take on at once. I don't have enough holes for 5 guys to amuse themselves with.
>>
>>7277315
Overpriced and overrated. I'd rather save money and just get a better burger from In-N-Out, Dick's, or Whataburger.
>>
>>7277315
It's expensive, but the burgers are good and filling.

I kind of think of them the same way I think of Carl's Jr, they're a a little better than most fast food joints, but it's still fast food.
>>
I get a regular (2 patty) burger w/everything and large fries and eat it for 2 meals. Comes wrapped in foil for convenient refrigeration.
>>
Expensive as fuck, but best milkshakes in the field.

It's sometimes worth it for that.
>>
>>7280774
>mouth
>hands
>ass

as for #5, use your feet or something.
>>
>>7277315
it's overhyped, it's mediocre and overpriced in reality.
>>
>>7277323
>>7277325
>>7277929
>>7277941
>>7279227
>>7280538
>>7280782
>>7281803
Poor fag general?
>>
>>7281808
I would never spend so much money on a burger when I can get one that tastes better for less. It'd be retarded too.
>>
>>7277315
You'll squirt grease out of your asshole and pay $8 for a burger. That's just the burger, no drink, or fries (which make you shoot even more Greece).

Also you'll be dead by 4pm.
>>
>>7277315

Horribly horribly overpriced. It's almsot $20 for a burger, fries and a shake, where for even $10 it would still be overpriced for the quality.

Then you have a horrible atmosphere where there is peanut shit all over the floor and the staff screams out your order as they take forever to make and cook your thin patty.
>>
A+ on presentation, I love seeing the whole process of ordering to completion. And tons of fries.
>>
I only go in there to order a small coke then put like a pound of those peanuts into a plastic bag.
>>
If a burger doesn't cost at least $12 by itself it isn't worth buying so I won't even try this 5 guys place. Sounds gay to me. 5 guys? WTF kind of name is that? 5 Guys what? Suck each other off while making shitty cheap knock off food? I bet they don't even have any kind of good sauce on them or any swiss cheese or bread crumbs.
>>
>>7277315
Why does this fedora wearing hyperfaggot have 200k subscribers?
>>
>>7282538
Because retards will subscribe to literally anything.
>>
>>7282556
I don't understand his appeal. I watched a few videos and they were boring, he has no charisma, his editing is basic, usually just a single shot, no effects, nothing special. His reviews are meandering, tedious and puerile. At least someone like Joey is somewhat entertaining if only because he is a living train-wreck, same could be said for Ja/ck/. But I don't get it with this idiot.
>>
>>7281808
Why are you acting rich over fastfood burgers? I like em but they are bit pricy, worth it tho.
>>
only attractive people should be allowed to eat burgers
>>
>>7282577
It doesn't appeal to you because you're not a retard. Be thankful for that.
>>
>>7282577
Watching people eat is fucking dumb period. Watching ugly and fat people eat is even dumber. Do not support them or give them views unless you want to get more dumb videos of other people eating
>>
File: fivegays.jpg (54 KB, 470x327) Image search: [Google]
fivegays.jpg
54 KB, 470x327
The burgers aren't worth it, but I can't get a wheelbarrow of Cajun Fries from Wendy's.
>>
>>7279205
you first, get that shit taste outta here
>>
File: 1435337590613.jpg (24 KB, 540x187) Image search: [Google]
1435337590613.jpg
24 KB, 540x187
>>7277315
Words cannot describe how much both OP and pic related should kill themselves.
>>
>>7277315
better than In-n-Out
>>
NO FLAVOR
>>
>>7282951
I'd rather get totally unsalted fries and add my own Tony's to it. They put way too much on, and I prefer the "more spice" variant to the saltier original.
>>
File: colossal burger.jpg (99 KB, 700x523) Image search: [Google]
colossal burger.jpg
99 KB, 700x523
>>7277315
meh....it's okay.
Honestly, at this point, I prefer making burgers at home, but Five Guys is okay if I'm going out for a burger. I used to love The Habit, but they've gotten a lot worse lately for some reason, and Smashburger is pretty good, but just as overpriced as Five Guys. I used to love The Counter, but the one near me closed down and I'd have to drive for 45 minutes to get to another one, so that's out.
Usually when I go out for burgers, I hit up one of the mom and pop places here instead, because a few of those have fucking awesome burgers and sides. Pic related, that's the pastrami burger (aka the "Colossal Burger") from one of the mom and pop places near me. It's owned by Greeks, so they also have killer gyros and baklava too.
>>
>>7287321
looks like it would be good if I could fit enough of the damn thing in my mouth to get a bite.
>>
>>7277315
Red Robin > Five Guys

similar prices but one is an actual restaurant
>>
>>7287321
i used to work at a smashburger in high school so i'm biased towards them. they destroy five guys. there was a counter near me that also closed down, but i didn't like them at all. you don't happen to live in nj, do you?
>>
>>7277315
Link to his vid? It bothers me but I want to watch it.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.