[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>uses extra virgin olive oil for deep frying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1452878615857.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452878615857.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>uses extra virgin olive oil for deep frying
>>
>>7276396
Impossible, it smokes before deep frying temperature
>>
>>7276396
Speaking of which I noticed the Penn Station restaurant cooks their fries in olive oil and that made me think of that.
>>
>>7276396

you literally cannot do that
>>
>>7276396
I just read that in a kevin trudeau book. Dumbfuck fucking claims he deep fries hos chicken at home using only the purest evoo
>>
>>7276464
>evoo
>pure
What a moron
>>
>>7276400
wrong, though the top layer would smoke, the suspension of oil in the center would not be able to do so.
It's still retarded though.
>>
>>7276416
They use peanut oil. Jesus, they fucking advertise that ask over the restaurant
>>
File: ah fuck hurts my hands.jpg (234 KB, 893x769) Image search: [Google]
ah fuck hurts my hands.jpg
234 KB, 893x769
>>7276396
Every chef I watch alternates between canola, olive, and vegetable oil when dealing with the appropriate dishes but whenever I was Gordon Ramsay he uses olive oil exclusively for EVERYTHING. He's not a hack, he's a pretty decent chef. Why the fuck does he fry everything in olive oil? Olive oil makes some meals taste like shit.
>>
>Frying anything in anything other than beef tallow.
>current year
>>
>>7276700
Incorrect. As somebody who has mistakenly tried to deep fry with olive oil, I can assure you all of the oil will burn to the point of filling a room with hazy smoke, and the oil will be hot enough to melt hard plastics such as utensils.
>>
>>7276396
Yeah that's pretty accurate for the face a person trying that would make considering it would smoke out their fucking house

>>7276960
What? Ramsay fries his stuff in different oils. He uses a lot of olive oil but he also uses peanut oil and vegetable oil.

It's Jamie Oliver who fries everything in olive oil.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.