[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to get turtle meat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: TurtleMeat.jpg (68 KB, 635x440) Image search: [Google]
TurtleMeat.jpg
68 KB, 635x440
Hi /ck/

I saw on the leddit/cooking/ front page there was a recipe for cooking turtle meat/turtle dicks?(wtf i know but it actually looked tasty AF in the end)

The video recipe was from someone in Australia and I'm from Australia too but I can't figure out where can I actually get tutle meat from. I didn't even know that they sold it here.

Has anyone else used turtle meat before or know where to get it from? I called the store on the price tag but they laughed at me and hung up.
>>
>>7276059
just buy it at the local wet market

everywhere is like Hong Kong, right?
>>
>>7276092
poor Mr. Turtle
>>
>>7276059
When I lived in the Cayman Islands they sold turtle meat locally that was raised at the turtle farm. I tried it a few times but never cared much for it. It just tasted overpoweringly fishy and slimy to me.
>>
>>7276059
>Reddit

Go back
>>
File: kangaroo.jpg (40 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
kangaroo.jpg
40 KB, 460x287
>>7276092
I've never heard of a wet market before.
according to google its like an alley of green groceries and seafood?

We have those in Australia but I've never seen anything as exotic as a Turtle there.

The most exotic thin I'd seen was kangaroo meat.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (6 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
6 KB, 277x182
>>7276100
Why shitpost a foodie for?
>leddit/cooking
>4chan/ck

wtf is the difference?
>>
I bet it sucks not being able to provide your own meats. I hunt deer, foul and small game. If I want turtle soup, I go snatch a turtle. If I want gator, I get my permit and shoot a gator.

But I'm just a disadvantaged flyover who pays (for hunting licenses) next to nothing for better, fresher food than NYC'ers buy for hundreds of dollars.

It feels good to be a real American.
>>
>>7276059
whas it rage againsr the machine? "gunshot too the head?" is there no alternative like crocodile? or even something in the poultry section? I understand eating frogs and horses, but not turtles..
>>
File: turtle_soup.jpg (118 KB, 1006x558) Image search: [Google]
turtle_soup.jpg
118 KB, 1006x558
>>7276059
>Where to get turtle meat?

Craigslist. You just have to ask the right way.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>7276132
>>
>>7276121
That's something we get less in Australia. We have very strict gun laws and not many people hunt at all.

I could try to catch a turtle but I wouldnt know which type is legal or how to prepare it or where to find the right one.

>>7276132
LOL but which is the right type?

>>7276124
I can sympathize with animals but I come from a Cambodian family and we''re love to kill and eat. .So long as we kill them in a fast-humane way I'm down to eat anything, given that we dont endanger something and cull it from existence.
>>
>>7276109
one is a feelgoodsphere where people are free to suggest others to suck on turtle dicks
the other one tells you to go back to leddit
>>
>>7276121
>live like a prehistoric proto-human
>real American

please stop giving us a bad name
>>
>>7276246
Have you ever even seen a tree? Probably not. I bet your world is concrete and skyscrapers.

Guess what? Your lifestyle is a tiny speck compared to everywhere else in the United States. You know, real Americans.
>>
>>7276159
Almost no types are legal
>>
>>7277018
>81% of US population is urban
>19% of hillbillies eating squirrels are "real"

k
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-08GgWoU8

>>7276059
Your a idiot
Its probably not even real turtle
He printed his fucking picture on the side of the jar so he probably print his own label on the tray of the meat and its probably not real turtle dick its probably baby cucumber or something. Stupid shit op go back to redit
>>
>>7276246
>This fox and the grapes
>>
File: purty-mouth.jpg (25 KB, 450x336) Image search: [Google]
purty-mouth.jpg
25 KB, 450x336
>>7277033
Numbers are a liberal conspiracy. The fact is, all I've ever seen around me is other meth brewing, oxycontin-dependent hillbillies. Nice things are a scam, Wisconsin makes the best cheese, and the real America has, at best, a 4th grade education and drives a pickup truck with confederate flag stickers everywhere.

Frankly, if you can even read these words without moving your lips, you hate America and will stop at nothing short of its total annihilation. You have also never set foot here, obviously.
>>
>>7276109
>foodie
>>
>>7276059
Must have been from an aboriginal because it's illegal to eat wild turtle there and I doubt it's solid anywhere in shops
>>
>>7277738
So much wrong, so little time.
>>
File: 1453052602016.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1453052602016.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>7276059
>reddit
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.