[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My neighbor gave me some avocados, I let them ripen now what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
My neighbor gave me some avocados, I let them ripen now what? I've never eaten them before, do I just cut it in dig in? Should I chill it? Season it? Is it healthy in general
>>
make guacamole and get some chips and eat it.
>>
I'm always a fan of Guac. Avocado toast is a popular thing. Some people eat it right out of the skin with a spoon. If you're going to make Guac, follow a recipe. If you're going to make avocado toast or eat it raw, season with salt, pepper, and little lemon or lime juice.
>>
>>7275782
Just eat it, but make sure you wear glasses with thick black frames to protect your eyes from the juices. It would be ideal if you also first grew a well-groomed beard to protect the skin on your face.

Oh, and if you can get a bunch of tattoos and piercings that will help too.
>>
you could chop the avocado up and add it to an omelet
>>
It tastes like grass butter. I love avocados. If you're feeling adventurous, cut it in half and just try it like that. A sprinkle of salt goes a long way. No need to chill. There are plenty of guacamole recipes out there, check those out. Try smearing it on a slice of crusty bread
They're good for you the way nuts are. Beneficial but too much and you're just taking in excessive amounts of fat with little to no returns. Good luck on your new culinary adventure
>>
If it's your first time eating an avocado I'd wait till it's ripe (it will give just a little when you squeeze it), chill it, cut it in half hotdog style, and just eat it out of the skin with a little salt and pepper and a spoon.

Don't judge it on your first try; some avocados are completely flavorless, while a good, properly ripe one tastes delicious.
>>
File: o-AVOCADO-570.jpg (60 KB, 570x764) Image search: [Google]
o-AVOCADO-570.jpg
60 KB, 570x764
>>7275782
take the 'do in your hand and run a knife around it longitudinally

make a complete circle, twist the 'do, and separate the halves. One should have a large seed in the center.

Take this half firmly in your hand, set the other half down. Take your knife in your opposite hand and stab it through both the avocado and the hand holding it.

Immediately apply pressure to the wound to staunch bloodflow. Raise the wounded area above your heart and apply pressure on the wound. Rush to the hospital

and that's how to enjoy avocado
>>
File: fritos-scoops[1].png (223 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
fritos-scoops[1].png
223 KB, 334x483
>>7275782
i like to cut them in half, add some hot sauce, then scoop it with these
>>
>>7275782
Good for guacamole of course, or just slice it and add as a topping on stuff, or you can mash it up to add to things. Otherwise you can just eat it as is, maybe with salt.
I like to mash up avocado in rice, it's good that way.
>>
>>7275809

>what people who buy a set of cheap knives in a knife block instead of spending the same amount of money on the 2-3 knives they actually need end up doing with them
>>
OP here. thanks for all the tips. Unfortunately I do not have the fixings for guac, or any chips here. I will probably just spread it on some toast and see.

Is there such thing as too ripe? The skin is black and i squeeze its moderately soft.
>>
File: nig.png (304 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
nig.png
304 KB, 550x410
>>7275809
>>
Is this some new /ck/ shitposting?

Just make gua'
>>
>>7275809
>Immediately apply pressure to the wound to staunch bloodflow. Raise the wounded area above your heart and apply pressure on the wound.

Former first aider on a cargo ship here, I was always amazed by the number of ways the chefs found to injure themselves with knives. The most impressive knife/injury ratio was one special guy who managed to cut longitudinally through his entire thumbnail and thumb, including the bone with nothing but a sharp paring knife and the frozen chicken breast he was trying to cube. It took damn near an hour to stop bleeding and soaked through an entire roll of gauze. When we finally got him to a surgeon, they assumed he was an engineer because they couldn't see how an unpowered tool could cut so comprehensively.
>>
Awesome tier avocado is sliced 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick and pan fried till lightly crispy outside. Salt and pepper and eat. Combine with sunny side egg for god tier breakfast. Add some baked beans to that plate and suddenly you have something that ascends earthly description.
>>
>>7275823

If there are dark/brown spots when you cut it open just scoop those out and eat around them.

If it feels like it might be over ripe move it to the fridge.
>>
>>7275835

God tier avocado is sliced into avocado length crescent moons, dredged in seasoned flour, dipped into beer batter, deep fried until golden brown, and served with a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk.
>>
>>7275782
just bite into it like an apple
the only non edible part of a avocado is the pit
>>
It's great with ANY mexican style dishes. Huevos rancheros? Slice it up and put it on the side. Put it in tacos or burritos or just a side for anything else.

You can still have it as a side dish to anything else, really. What my parents always use to do was slice up a tomato and an avocado, put it on a plate, drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then stick it in the fridge. Once you're done cooking what ever take it out of the fridge, crack a little pepper on it and just eat that shit with a fork. Also dip your bread in the oil and balsamic that's left on the plate. Tasty stuff and a retardedly easy veggie side.
>>
File: kurt-00.png (141 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kurt-00.png
141 KB, 500x375
>>7275782
Just cut it in half, pry out and discard the pit because is poison - eat non-black flesh with a spoon. I like my 'dos a little under-ripe, but I'm like that with most fruit.
>>
>>7277273
your gay
>>
>>7275782
Try a bit by itself raw first to get a feel for it, then incorporate it into whatever seems good. You open them by slicing them all the way around lengthwise, twisting the halves apart, and then hitting the seed with a knife and twisting it out.
>>
>>7275782
Cut in half
Take out seed
Add a bit of salt and maybe some lemon juice
Eat with spoon or put on toast
>>
>>7275782
What other people have said, cut it in half, remove the pit, eat it with a spoon. It's good. I've had it raw with savory yogurt before. It was good. Not sure what else I would do other than make guac.
>>
>>7277292
>>7277273
I'd put a good bet on 14 year old girl actually.
>>
>>7275799
>It tastes like grass butter
hmmm
thanks for this
>>
>>7275809
>take the 'do
pardon?
>>
It needs salt, coarse pepper and citrus and hot toast. That's all.
>>
>>7277910
Simple. Sounds good. Surprised I've never done this. I had a dozen avocados on hand as recently as a month ago. Ate them all raw in that month.Feel kind of silly now.
>>
>>7275782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNsKvZo6MDs
>>
I found it to be a great addition to greek salad.
>>
>>7277910
This, I make it when lazy. Garlic (powdered or roasted) is also good.
>>
cut in cubes in a bowl with milk and sugar/honey and eaten like cereal
>>
>>7275782
You need one of these

https://jeb2016.com/shop/lifestyle/guaca-bowle/?lang=en
>>
>>7275792
>guac
Faggot detected. Post disregarded.
>>
Put it on a hamburger or sandwich
>>
just plain with a little soy sauce for dippin is pretty good
>>
Ya gotta put guac in your tacs bro
Guac tacs bro
>>
>>7275782
eat it
>>
>>7275812

What are you? American? Why would you willingly subject yourself to that garbage? Do you hate yourself?

Fun fact: Fritos can be used as fire starter in survival situations due to their grotesquely high oil content.
>>
>>7275809
How does this even happen
>>
SUSHI ROLLS
>>
>>7280952

did you know you can also use oil as a firestarter in survival situations? how do people consume that shit at all?
>>
>>7275782

- Mash it up and mix with salsa to make guacamole, scoop up with nachos, put on burritos, etc.

- cut into slices and season with lemon juice, black pepper, and/or sea salt

- put hot sauce on it and eat it

- slice and put on a sandwhich or a salad

- Eat it on toast or crackers

- Eat it on a burger

- Pair it with random fruit and/or cheese

- Pair it with hard boiled eggs, cold-cuts, antipasto

- Slice up and put caviar on top

- Put it in sushi

Stuff I've never tried but it'd probably be good:

- Use as a topping for pizza

- slice it up and add to pasta dish
>>
>>7280952
oily foods are present in all cultures dipshit
>>
instead of salt and pepper, try pepper and soy sauce. sounds weird but trust me. the soy sauce brings out the umami
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.