[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sorcery is this??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 51v-r36I4NL._SX355_.jpg (24 KB, 355x327) Image search: [Google]
51v-r36I4NL._SX355_.jpg
24 KB, 355x327
Got a crockpot as a gift, explain this magical device to me.

Is it true that you leave raw ingredients and cone back to finished meals?
>>
>>7275484
Yep, and the really magical part is that every meal tastes basically the same regardless of what you put in it.
>>
>>7275484
Yeah she's hot like a twelve year old. Gets the job done eventually. You gotta fill her up (mine is Betty) with all your stuff at one time, then pour your chicken stock or vegetable soup or whatever on top of it, and let it sit for about 5 hours until the meat isn't rawed.
>>
>>7275501
You're doing something wrong.

But I think the best use for a crockpot is making stock.
>>
Sort of. Depends on the recipe.
I have a rice cooker with pressure cook, slow cook, searing and multi-cook options, so it does everything yours can do and more. I use the slow cook option mostly to make the filling for meat buns.

>>7275501
If you said something like "shapeless slop," I couldn't disagree, but there's no way curry brisket tastes like onion gravy chicken.
>>
>>7275511
This is true words. I have a smallish crock that I just fill with veggie scraps in the back of fridge and then make stock once a week or so. Waste not want not.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.