[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I prefer the traditional style of 7 grams of coffee per 25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: jordan-schlansky-d9d4f.jpg (99 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
jordan-schlansky-d9d4f.jpg
99 KB, 800x800
>I prefer the traditional style of 7 grams of coffee per 25 milliliters of water
>...the American style of espresso. It's fruity, it's a little over-concentrated for my tastes.
>I don't like the American coffee culture. What they perceive to be a good espresso is an espresso that has had so much coffee jammed into a small amount of water that they suddenly perceive it as something they've never tasted before and therefore it's good

Is he right? Is American espresso over-concentrated?
>>
He was BTFO in that video, so no he isn't, he's wrong.
>>
>>7274260
I wouldn't worry about it OP
Its just a hot drink
>>
Americans don't know that there are different grades of roasting or that the aim of an espresso isn't to cram as much caffeine into a shot as possible. As far as I can tell, they just use filter coffee grounds for everything.
>>
>>7274260
that guy looks like he has not stayed up late once in his life either.
>>
>>7274260
Sounds like he browses /ck/, so he is probably wrong.
>>
File: umarufrog.gif (2 MB, 380x238) Image search: [Google]
umarufrog.gif
2 MB, 380x238
I drink whatever coffee is within reach. I don't give a fuck about the details or how bitter and gnarly it is, I just need caffeine in my bloodstream. Espressos are like the direct IV of the coffee world so I think espresso is a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>7274260
>I prefer the traditional style of 7 grams of coffee per 25 milliliters of water
That is some Rain Man tier autism there...n,n,n,no.....def,def,defiantly 8.4grams per 25ml in this coffee.

Guy sounds like a fucking twat, take your coffee and fuck off.
>>
>>7274294
This is why everyone in Europe laughs at your culinary skills, America.
>>
>>7274300
I'm english
we don't give a fuck about coffee
>>
>>7274304
You're honorary Americans.
>>
>>7274294
rain man wouldn't misspell definitely
>>
>>7274279
He's basically an autistic /ck/-/fit/ crossposter
>>
Does this dumb asshole know what the name is for a cup of espresso that's been diluted with extra water?

It's called an "Americano."
>>
>>7274338
>Actually, the Americano is a result of American servicemen stationed in Italy during and after the second World War seeking to replicate the disgusting drip brew coffee they were accustomed to, despite only having access to Italian espresso.
>>
>>7274260
he is so /ck/
>>
One gets the sense that he places a wine goblet up to his bare ass and then enjoys smelling his own flatulence.
>>
File: 1452372700245.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1452372700245.png
28 KB, 186x208
Do people unironically drink coffee, or anything else for that matter, in 25 ml doses? That's literally like a single sip. Especially people like Jordan who have their own espresso machines, do they go through some 5 minutes of prep like heating up the machine, gathering their equipment, weighing out the coffee, grinding the beans, pulling the shot, then enjoying their coffee for the 2 seconds it takes to drink it, then spending another 5 minutes cleaning up?
>>
>>7274273
>As far as I can tell, they just use filter coffee grounds for everything
As far as I can tell you're a retard who bases his concept of reality on his feels instead of facts.
>>
>>7274304
It's just shitposting, most of the "anti-murrica" trolls are probably Americans themselves trying to bait shit.
>>
File: 1383196896401.png (259 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
1383196896401.png
259 KB, 480x446
God coffee-slaves are truly the worst people alive.
>>
>>7274508
Yes, if you're a very special
>>
>>7274508
Shouldn't that be "interrogative" and not interrogation?
>>
File: coffee.png (96 KB, 713x1108) Image search: [Google]
coffee.png
96 KB, 713x1108
>>7274561
Drink coffee, it's good for you.
>>
>>7274260
>it's a little over-concentrated for my tastes

"i'm a bitch, now here's several sentences of me bitching"

He's exactly the same as every faggot on this board who extolls the virtues of Dunkin Donuts while bitching about starbucks being burnt.
>>
>>7274260
No, he's just extremely autistic
Seriously, who the fuck memorizes the exact coffee-grams-to-water ratio.
>>
>>7274344
But the point is, this guy is saying that Americans don't into real coffee because its too intense and should be more watered down. And watering down your espresso is called an Americano because americans were doing it first. Doesn't matter the reason.

This guy is one of those idiots that thinks his way is the best, and everyone that doesnt like what he likes is an idiot with no taste.
>>
>>7274537
/ck/: Americans shitposting as Europeans, Europeans shitposting as Americans, and Australians shitposting as both.
>>
>>7274749
>I believe I said that American espresso is over-concentrated. It's the drip coffee that is weak.
>>
>>7274260
he's my hero desu
>>
>>7274640
>coffee is similar to exercise
stopped reading
>>
Is this a Jordan Schlansky tries to act human thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxSWKBIoQQ
>>
File: 1452484640005.jpg (15 KB, 321x204) Image search: [Google]
1452484640005.jpg
15 KB, 321x204
>yet another "anti American" thread that was obviously started by Americans

God fucking damnit.
>>
>>7274640
>intermittent fasting
>>
>>7274728
Coffee people need to familiarize themselves with the concept of false precision. Not every coffee bean is identical to every other coffee bean, even if it's ostensibly the exact same roast of the exact same beans from the exact same roaster, and it's even more pointless if you keep your ratios the same for different beans. Even if you could control every other variable, you're simply not going to get the same cup every time. And you're never going to come close to controlling every other variable. Temperature and other atmospheric conditions will make a difference, and if your brewing method requires any amount of human input that could change the result (ie, pretty much anything that isn't a drip machine or a Keurig), then any attempt you make to control anything else pales in comparison. You will maintain the exact same amount of pressure each time when using a French press or Aeropress. Your timing will never be exactly the same no matter how hard you try.

It's not just autism, it's bullshit.
>>
>>7274280
>I just need caffeine in my bloodstream. Espressos are like the direct IV of the coffee world so I think espresso is a pretty cool guy.

jesus christ, end yourself.
>>
>>7274943
Just because there's variance doesn't mean that it affects the taste of the coffee by any perceptible amount. A skilled barista ought to be able to pull shots consistent enough to be indistinguishable for 99% of the people regardless of small changes in ambient temperature, humidity etc. If there's 1% more coffee than ideal in the portafilter because of the limitations of the scale and the coffee grounds contain 0.5% more moisture than normal because it's a rainy day and the coffee puck is tamped with 28 lbs. of pressure instead of 30 because the barista went to the gym yesterday, it's not going to be enough of a difference to perceptibly affect the taste of the end result.

One of the most important aspects of good coffee making is knowing how to reduce the effects of as many of these variables as possible. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be good enough.
>>
>>7275038
Yes, a skilled barista who spends most of the day pulling shots can do that. Unless you are a skilled barista, I guarantee you can't even come close to that level of precision, which is going to undo whatever you gain by weighing your coffee and water down to the exact gram, or even fraction of a gram. The most you can really hope for is to not be able to the difference without comparing cups side by side, which can easily be attained by just eyeballing it.
>>
File: 1405899652700.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1405899652700.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Fun fact: "Baristas" do not exist. These people are poorly paid college students who were taught to push buttons. Way to go, coffee hipsters.
>>
>>7274260
"I've never had a sip of american coffee"

>proceeds to talk about the flavor profile and taste of it

And you wonder why Jews are so unpopular
>>
>>7274949
I'm a drug addled emotional cripple who eats pills like candy to get through the day. Welcome to the real world, Jeremy.
>>
>>7275214
> thinks actual baristas are the same as crew members at starbucks
>>
>>7274260
So I guess he doesn't like ristretto, either?
>>
>>7275456
it literally is, its on par with McDonald cashier or bus boy no matter how hip they look
>>
>>7274260
>nigger thinks Americans haven't traveled the world
What a fussy, pussy looking dude.

>Is he right? Is American espresso over-concentrated?
No.

Have had coffee and espresso all over the U.S. and Europe. The good stuff is the same no matter where you go. So's the shitty stuff.
>>
>>7275456
>thinks there are actual baristas.

I'm sorry but following a set of instructions is neither an art nor trade.
>>
>>7275531
I guess cooking isn't then either :^)
>>
>>7275524
It's always funny to me how most Americans who bitch endlessly about the US are nearly as misinformed about Europe (let's not even get into the fact that they treat it like a single homogeneous entity and not the fucking continent that it is) as the flag waving rednecks they pretend to be *so* much better than. There's plenty of bad coffee in Europe, not to mention bad food and bad beer, even if we're just talking about western Europe.
>>
>>7275473
Well yes, that's Italian so it's good. It's just the American crap that's bad.
>>
>>7274260

Yeah but that's kind of the point.
>>
>>7275555
cooking is fucing stupid why would any body even do it? Unless you are a fucking nerd fag babby or something ahahaha go kiss boys yu fag.
>>
>>7274318
The ratio of coffee to water was defiant to his standards.
>>
>>7274273
>>7274280
Typical serving size of espresso has much less caffeine than regular coffee.

If you just want caffeine, buy caffeine tablets or powder. You can get like 100+ tablets for $3, each of which has 200 mg caffeine, which is equivalent to like 20 oz of coffee. The powder is convenient if you wanna control your intake.
>>
>>7274260
yes, it's supposed to be stronk, but it's not supposed to be a fucking shot, but rather a sipping drink like coffe or tea is
>>
>>7274749
right on, anon

Americanos are what I typically order.
>>
>>7276000
I don't know anyone who actually shoots their espresso
>>
>>7274260
Just a typical snobby jew from jew york pretending to have some superior taste for 'european quality' to compensate his lack a character. "Ooooh vey, i have never had a sip of american coofffee!!". This is why people hate jews. I have family in Italy and have visited many times and i've never met anyone talk this way about coffee. As a Europoor I can say this; Nothing wrong with drip coffee, just don't reheat it in the microwave and use fresh grind pls.
>>
>>7274267
Do you even know what BTFO means you Neanderthal?
>>
File: pol.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
78 KB, 1306x354
>>7276687
Leave
>>
>>7276923
And here comes the obligatory Jew with his genetically acquired sense of moral authority.
>>
>>7276965
I said leave. Stop pretending you own this entire website, /pol/
>>
File: Who could it be.gif (10 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Who could it be.gif
10 KB, 501x585
>>7276923
>>7276974

Who could be behind this post?
>>
>>7275531
Don't most trades require you to follow instructions though?
>>
>>7276974

>im telling you what to do on here
>stop pretending you own the website
>while i tell you what to do
>>
>>7276965
>>7276974
I hate both of you equally.
>>
>>7274260
>fruity
Dropped
>>
>>7276687
jews are snobs now?
>>
>>7274280
damn dude how do i become hardcore like you
>>
>>7277706
Most of the jews I've met have been pretty snobby.
>>
>>7276687
>Not getting that it's a character.
See I know you're retarded not because you're throwing in /pol/ memes in a thread that had nothing to do with Jews but because you think everything on a comedy show is reality.

Jordan is a producer, he's definitely somewhere on the Autism scale but he's dialing up his eccentricities and making crazy statements because it's a comedy show.
>>
>>7277739
>having an adult opinion
Please go back to reddit or the tumbeler or whatever social justice site you came from. Your posting style is unwelcome in this secret place. I am an old fag. Ree. I might also add, cuck.
>>
>>7277743
0/10
>>
>>7274280
Fuck off
>>
>>7277753
muh six million
>>
>>7276769
Do you? Because he was indeed blown the fuck out by the barista.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.