[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Menu fraud!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Wild-Alaskan-Salmon.jpg (143 KB, 533x377) Image search: [Google]
Wild-Alaskan-Salmon.jpg
143 KB, 533x377
Unbeknownst to customers, when the “wild” salmon appeared on the table it was a farmed Atlantic variety, according to food inspection documents obtained by the Star. The “organic” granola was boxed Quaker Harvest Crunch and the “homemade” dressing was bought from Renée’s Gourmet. The promised Japanese beef, a rare, well-marbled delicacy that reportedly can fetch around $200 a strip, was really regular skirt steak from a lesser breed of cow.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/01/15/reality-didnt-always-match-the-menu-at-toronto-restaurant.html

How often do you think this kind of thing happens?
>>
i think it's ok to lie about something like a dressing being home made, but everything else seems out of order.
>>
If any place needs a bunch of adjectives and fancy place names on their menu then I'm sure they do some fiddling.
>>
>>7273933
>The promised Japanese beef, a rare, well-marbled delicacy that reportedly can fetch around $200 a strip, was really regular skirt steak from a lesser breed of cow.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to notice the difference.

Having said that I once stood in line at Lidl's behind a guy buying 10 bags of frozen potato wedges. He was still wearing his Dominos Pizza uniform and name badge. Gerd jerb.
>>
>>7273935
what if you force your migrant workers to live at the factory it's produced
what if you let the mice who infest your product help out, then it would be homemade, the mice's home at least?
>>
>>7273935
>thinks it's okay to lie about something super easy to make when it's super easy to make
>>
>>7273933
In the Netherlands McDonalds serves there hamburgers with 100% beef. "100% beef" is actual the name of the company that produces the beef paddies which in turn only have about 40% beef in them. Still legal though
>>
If you want real wild salmon the flesh needs to be almost completely red, not orange. It's really beautiful and delicious, less fatty.
>>
>>7273990
Urban Myth.
Completely untrue.
>>
>>7273954
I've seen places sell Kobe beef burgers, and I'm sure that's not easy to tell the difference to regular beef mince with a bunch of added fat.
>>
>>7274006
Yes but even the most expensive skirt steak will have the signature chewiness and graining
>>
>>7274006

But the restaurant in the article was selling whole steaks of the stuff. You'd have to be a fucking moron to not notice "hmm this doesn't seem any different from regular beef"
>>
>>7274006
In America at least, it's always called "Kobe-style beef" or something like that. It's actually illegal to import true Kobe beef, because the process is considered animal cruelty under US law.
>>
>>7274822
it's actually not, do your research
>>
>>7273990
Completely untrue. Also
>paddies
>>
I worked in a pub once. The ham was bought from a local butcher. I'd go to the butcher in the morning to collect the meat, and watch them slice the ham from the bone. It was on the menu and 'ham, carved from the bone...'. The food inspector said it was a false definition since we didnt carve it ourselves.
>>
>>7273933
It happens in most restaurants, according to that new show, "Adam Ruins Everything."
>>
>>7273993
They have little tricks to turn grey, farm raised into looking just like it came out of an Alaskan river.
>>
I bet this happens more often than not.
>>
>>7273933
Most restaurants are not honest about their ingredients or their cooking methods. "Fresh" food my ass 90% of them are not fresh at all. Same with distributors and producers where fish is mislabeled constantly.
>>
>>7275267
Sounds like a nit picking fuck to me
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.