[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about juicing, co/ck/s.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 14_Juicing.jpg (182 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
14_Juicing.jpg
182 KB, 580x300
Tell me about juicing, co/ck/s.
>>
All the juicing advertising is basically correct on all except one thing: frequency. You do not need to consume vitamins daily, drinking a smoothy once a week with different fruit in it suffices.
>>
What can you make with the leftover pulp?
>>
>>7273380
Eating fruit and juicing vegetables is better don't you think? Fruit has too much sugar.
>>
File: c2O_RwPU_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
c2O_RwPU_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>7273380

>he doesn't into fiber
>he doesn't eat veg and fruit daily
>>
>>7273384
Muffins, compost, face scrub from what I've heard.
>>
>>7273384
you can make an awesome spaghetti sauce with it. or soups don't throw away the pulp unless its the rinds of oranges or lemons or limes.
>>
oh you can use it for chilly.

and don't worry if you mixed veggies and fruits they taste amazing together once cooked.

simmering it for a few hours makes a good stew also
>>
>>7273375
Seems like a bad idea to habitually remove all the fiber, some of the vitamins, and most of the satiety of whole fruits and vegetables. Fruit seems like an especially bad idea. It's like spiking your insulin levels from the fructose of many more pieces than you'd eat whole. Also, fresh fruits and vegetables are good for your teeth and gums from the crunching. Well, juice is still better than nothing.
>>
>>7273375
It's great. You strip out all that nasty fiber bulking out the produce so you can concentrate all the sugar into one delicious meal.
>>
>>7275383
>>7275405
I'm just talking about juicing vegetables. I know not to juice fruit.
>>
I blend (nutribullet) instead. If you don't mind having bits in it like orange juice with the pulp, I think its better.
>>
>>7273375
Unfortunately most people use it as a way to eat way too much sugar.
>>
>>7273375
He's sticking whole oranges in his juicer. Wouldn't that be gross with the rind?
>>
>>7276111
>he has never heard of an orange juilius
>>
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/juicing-removes-more-than-just-fiber/
>>
>>7275578

I'm curious. Why buy a nutribullet when a commercial blender makes equally good smoothies yet is far more useful for other things in the kitchen? The nutribullet seems silly because of how small the container is. That makes it useless for other tasks in the kitchen.
>>
>>7276111

Most juicers aren't effective enough to extract the bitter tasting compounds from the pith. The rind gets ejected and doesn't become part of the juice.
>>
>>7278196
If I weren't going to drop the coin on a Vitamix or a Bledtec then I'd probably settle a smaller cheap supermarket-grade blender like a Nutribullet too.
>>
>>7278240

My point is that the nutribullet isn't a "Blender", it's a specialized "smoothie maker".

For the same price as a nutribullet you could have a tool that does other blending tasks AND makes smoothies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.