[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there really people afraid to eat runny egg yolks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: yolk.jpg (325 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
yolk.jpg
325 KB, 1024x768
Are there really people afraid to eat runny egg yolks?
>>
i think it's a regional thing? i've been eating runny yolks all my life
>>
there are

there are people afraid of hair, and others that think they're tigers
>>
>>7271941
I never really got into it until I realized its just a sauce and is good for things like bread. Not really a fan of runny yolk when theres nothing to absorb it though.
>>
>>7271941
FFS I started having this problem in my late teens. I always eat scrambled eggs or omelet's now. No more sunnyside up for me.
>>
>>7271941
Runny is the only way I like my yolks.
>>
>>7271941
When I was 18 I just got into cooking and one of the first things I learned how to do well was scrambled eggs. I got it from the famous gordon ramsey video.

When i proceeded to make said eggs and tell my family about it some of them said, and I quote, "eggs should never be creamy". It's something I've never forgotten and never will forget because there are people like that that exist in the world.
>>
File: Waffle House menu back.jpg (623 KB, 900x581) Image search: [Google]
Waffle House menu back.jpg
623 KB, 900x581
Runny yolks and ham master race. Plus large hashbrowns scattered, smothered, and diced.
>>
YOU DUMB FUCK YOU'RE GONNA GET SALMONELLA EATING THAT RUNNY DISGUSTING SHIT. HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE EAT THAT FUCKING CHICKEN CUM SYRUP.
>>
>>7271956
Dip your toast in it nigga
>>
>>7272000
>having toast on hand 100% of the time
How white are you?
>>
>>7272002
Why aren't you having toast with breakfast? Why else are you eating eggs with runny yolk.
I mean what about hard vreads with dinner?
>>
>>7271998
I used to work a very labor intense factory job. Very physical and the factory was ungodly hot. I'd go through 2-3 gallons in a shift. But what gave me most of my energy was going to Waffle House before work everyday and getting the Triple hash browns All the Way. Even though I pigged out like that, I was still skinny as a rail from burning so many calories in that damned factory.

But I loved those hash browns.
>>
>>7272003
>why else
Because I fucking like runny yolks you fucking shitter. Who the fuck said runny yolks were only to be had with toast? Apparently your stupid parents but they're dead and wrong.
I specifically cook them like that because I throw the whole egg in my mouth and let it dissolve with my spit.
I have them with brocolli, a hashbrown and a cup of stop being retarded. I'm saving the next cup for you.
>>
It depends on how the egg is cooked with me.

I love runny yolks when the egg is boiled or poached, but can't stand them when the egg is fried.
>>
>>7272015
this discussion about bread seems to have really aggravated you
>>
>>7272015
Why are you so butthurt over runny eggs? Is your autism acting up?
But with breakfest dipping toast and or bread in yolk is goat as fuck senpai
>>
>>7272026
Lmao

Yeah OP its true my mom always made scrambled eggs, never ventured to try them runny. I'd do an egg fried hard now and again, but never sunny or medium. My gf put me on to over medium and now I love em that way, good sauce for damn near anything.

ESPECIALLY TOAST
>>
>>7271941
I won't eat it if the whites are also even just a bit runny
>>
>>7271941
No. I wouldn't call them people.
>>
>>7271998
Jesus Christ that's exactly what my dad orders every Saturday morning. Kinda weird man.

>their grilled chicken actually isn't that bad :O
>>
>>7271941
I had to add tons of louisiana/crystal hot sauce when I first started eating runny eggs to get over the weird flavor. I got used to it eventually.

The only thing that's gross is the smell of the plate from the egg yolk after i'm done eating, smells disgusting.
>>
>>7271975
end yourself please
>>
>>7272011
Curious about the job. Was it steel? Had some friends work long hours 5-7 days a week doing that never gain a pound. It was Gary, Indiana then, I think, Zanesville, Ohio.
>>
>>7271941
my gf wouldn't even look at me for a while when she saw me eating anything with an runny yolk on top.
about two months ago, she was super hungry and i told her she would have to eat it or cook something herself.
lazy fuck... she always asks for her eggs runny now.
>>
>>7271941

Yes. My brother
>>
>>7271941

Pregnant women.
>>
a nice sunny side up egg with runny egg yolks is a tasty treat especially when you have some bacon to dip in the egg yolks
>>
I'm not afraid to eat them, but I really don't like the taste and you have to rush to eat the yolk once it's popped or else you get a snot-like consistency. Eugh.
>>
File: 1444891695576.gif (278 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1444891695576.gif
278 KB, 450x450
>>7271941
I LOVE eat runny egg yolks, dip my toasted bread on it... if the yolk isn't runny, I don't want it
>>
>>7271941
I am.
I like them, they taste good, and are good for dipping bread, but about 1/2 of the time I eat them I wind up throwing up 10-20 minutes later.. Doesn't matter if it's in a restaurant or at home .I don't know what that is but it's made me stop eating runny eggs.
>>
>>7271956
>>7272000
>>7272002
>>7272003

What the fuck? Why wouldnt you have toast. There's no point in eating runny eggs without toaste or potatos/hashbrows
>>
>>7272520
your forgetting crispy bacon dipped in egg yolk.
>>
>>7272528
you're*
>>
>>7272056
That's how I cook my eggs all the time. A little bit of the whites around the yolk a little bit runny.
>>
>>7272520
We agree about toast and runny eggs senpai
>>
File: sausagemuncher.jpg (37 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
sausagemuncher.jpg
37 KB, 540x540
>>7272520
>i don't like runny yolk unless i have something to absorb it
>"use toast"
>i don't always have toast
>"why are you having runny eggs if you don't have toast?"
>>
>>7272015
You seemed to have skipped your cup today
>>
my mother refuses to eat anything not burned

I gather that its due to my grandmother growing up poor during the great depression and continuing to be poor through most of her life

but eggs must be browned, steak must be well done, no ground beef, hot dogs must be burned and pork must be grey and dry throughout
also, nothing thats ever been in the water, fresh or salt

I grew up this way and until I was about 17-18 ordered similarly, but one day I saw the light

I've since got her to try various things now and she has budged on some of those, but my sisters palette has been irreversibly damaged
>>
>>7271975
Fuck you
>>
>>7271941
>people like fried eggs with soft yolk
>same people are disgusted at the thought of a soft boiled egg
don't bother trying to understand people bruh, we're all idiots and assholes
>>
>>7271956
My GF always laughs at how I eat my fried eggs on toast. I always cut around the yolk and eat all the albumen first and try and get as close to the whole yolk with no white left without breaking it. Then chow down on the runny yolk in one go so it bursts in my mouth and I leave no waste behind. Save best till last ;) Also no egg on my shirt too.
>>
>>7271941
im scared of eggs period
>>
>>7272649
Who eats any eggs without toast?
>>
>>7272895
Omelette?

(Mind you, I do like my omelette between two slices of toast usually)
>>
>>7272895
Ah.. got one - steak and eggs. No toast. Great combo. Astronauts have it for breakfast.
>>
>>7273018
Hash browns and toast can be available
>>
File: yolk.png (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yolk.png
98 KB, 640x480
>1
Enjoy runny yolk
>2
Run to toilet and expel runny yolk
>>
>>7271941
Unfortunately, yes. These people are inferior. They are the neanderthals to our homo sapiens.
Hard yolks should ONLY ever be in hard boiled eggs that you are using for something else, like egg salad, deviled eggs, or as a sieved topping over asparagus, etc.
>>
File: swifty.jpg (20 KB, 333x420) Image search: [Google]
swifty.jpg
20 KB, 333x420
>>7271975
>some of them said, and I quote, "eggs should never be creamy".

These people.......I do not like.
>>
>>7271975
kill yourslef
>>
>>7271999
You're already eating a fried egg. Its not like eating the runny yolk is any unhealthier you idiot.
>>
I've eaten eggs either raw or runny for what must now be two decades. I'm pretty sure that if there was a risk of anything bad actually happening, it is minimal.
>>
I was big into runny yolks but the flavor at so,e point was fishy
Upgrade the egg, go for egglands best
After the upgrade still enjoy
Good change up
>>
after 2 years toasting cigarettes for Danes when i was over there, im a master of using scolding hot pans by cooking with holding the pan screaming hot off the burner in the air. then reapplying to burner for just the touch up heat you need.

my fried eggs are nice al dente whites, with a butter crisped (not fried) edge of gold, and a soft dippy yolk.

2 months ago i upgraded my fried eggs to eggs in a blanket style and first shot nailed it, so thats my jam now. 2 of them really holds me down.
>>
>>7272512
Weird. Maybe a psychological issue.
>>
Why would I want a goopy, uncooked mess instead of something with consistency?

People aren't "afraid" to eat runny yolks, they just realize that it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>7271941
I was never afraid of it, but I never did it because i thought it was why I always felt like shit after eating eggs.

Turns out that I was just allergic to eggs, the only difference between well cooked eggs and runny eggs was I would feel like shit immediately after eating runny eggs, whereas with fully cooked eggs I wouldn't notice for a while.

I haven't eaten eggs in over a year now...

I want eggs...
>>
File: eggheart.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
eggheart.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
>>7273406
Yes. You want eggs. Everybody wants eggs. Eggs are the ultimate food. They're delicious, they're versatile. You can never get enough eggs. Just think about eggs. Raw eggs, soft eggs, hard eggs, omelette, scrambled eggs, eggs sunny side up, eggs over easy, eggs over medium, eggs over hard, poached eggs, deviled eggs, eggs benedict, eggs & steak... Eggs truly are the food of the gods.
>>
>>7273353
Do you cook everything until it's congealed and solid?
>>
>>7273514
you missed carbonara
>>
>>7271941
I like the white barely set and the yolk still cold. Cut off and eat the white, then pop the whole yolk in your mouth with a bite of rye bread
>>
>>7273533
Anon probably cooks his hot pockets for 10 minutes. Or at least his mom does, anyway
>>
>>7271941
I'm not afraid to, I've tried it, I just prefer firm yolk taste.
>>
>>7271941
Those are the same "people" who eat their steak "well" done.
>>
I'll eat them, but i'm not fond of the mucous like texture, will usually flip them for a few seconds before serving.
>>
>>7271951
Lol
>>
>>7272002
It's not like you have to go down to the toast store when you want some. Just stick a couple of pieces of bread in the toast making appliance of your choice. You don't buy bread when you run out? How poor are you that you don't have fucking bread?
>>
File: 1409926584440.png (242 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1409926584440.png
242 KB, 500x383
>eating the period of a chicken
>>
>>7274002
The avian reproductive cycle is not comparable to the human one.
>tl;dr You're a fucking idiot, son.
>>
>>7272002
>How superior are you?

Very.
>>
>>7274023
Why are you greentexting part of your response?
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (294 KB, 1312x738) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
294 KB, 1312x738
>>7272895
Me.
>>
>>7271941
here is my thing with runny eggs, as long as the yolk is creamy and smooth and there's not this weird clear film over it that resembles snot
>>
>>7271941
because you're eating a chicken period that's why people are scared of it
>>
I can eat runny yolks, but I really prefer it to run down on some sort of carbs.
>>
>>7271941
My dad has a thing for this, as he thinks it's undercooked
>>
>>7271941
I like runny egg yolks I just don't like when the white parts are runny.
>>
>>7271941
>people eat eggs without runny yolks

Bet their hash browns taste super dry when they mix their egg in.
>>
Runny eggs are degenerate. Scrambled, hard boiled, or nothing at all.
>>
>>7274938
You must be a horrible human being
>>
File: sambagrill14.jpg (84 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
sambagrill14.jpg
84 KB, 350x265
My mom has a deep seeded fear of under cooked food. She insisted that scrambled eggs weren't cooked until they were completely browned. I complained about it once when I was little but she cracked the plate over me head for it.

The eggs weren't even the worst though. If we had beef it was always the cheapest cut available and always super well done like pic related. It was probably as tough as shoe leather, I distinctly remember having to use a bread knife to cut it because no straight-edge could break the fibers of the meat.
>>
File: 1408220129897.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1408220129897.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1200
>>7271941
Praire Oyster Cocktail

Ingredients:
1 egg(s)
1 tsp Worcestershire
salt n' pepper
2 dashes Tabasco sauce

Wondrich. David. http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/recipes/a3852/prairie-oyster-drink-recipe/. Nov 6. 2007. Web. Jan 16. 2016
>>
File: Alfred Hitchcock Eggs.jpg (80 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Alfred Hitchcock Eggs.jpg
80 KB, 850x400
Real quote.
>>
>>7274265
I second this.
>>
>>7274454
It's really not a "chicken period" though.
>>
>>7272000
>Dip your toast in it nigga

this. that's the only way to eat runny eggs.
>>
ITT, people who have to express their manliness by eating undercooked food.
>>
>>7277159
In your post: Insecurity pertaining to differing palates.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7275056

Am I dead yet?
>>
>>7272520
I also usually eat eggs with white rice, whose taste improves with egg yolk I find.
>>
>>7272520
>>7277662
oh yeah and with french fries, dip fries in there
>>
>>7275014
>deep seeded
>>
Dippy eggs are best eggs
>>
where i live thats the only way to eat fried eggs
>>
>>7273213
>Eggs
>Unhealthy
>M-muh cholesterol!
I love that meme.
>>
>>7271999
Been putting raw eggs in my breakfast green shakes for a couple of years now. Fkin pussy. My two year old drinks them with no problem so i know it's not just my super human stomach.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.