[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they charge sit down restaurant prices when they offer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 6
File: fiveguyslogo.png (19 KB, 369x87) Image search: [Google]
fiveguyslogo.png
19 KB, 369x87
Why do they charge sit down restaurant prices when they offer fast food quality?
>>
Because people pay what they charge so they can get away with it.
>>
>>7269830
As someone whose family owned a restaurant, >>7269986 is right.
You can charge whatever you want and you dont even have to say shit about it, people will justify the cost in their own mind.
>>
>>7269830
>sit down restaurant
Blimey....
>>
>>7269830
They're that category of food service that likes to pretend they're not fast food
>>
>>7269830
Most overrated burger chain in the US.
>>
>>7270073

exactly.. just like Chick Fil A
>>
Demand resulting from pure hype.

At least here on the west coast, anyway.
>>
>>7272263
but chick fil a is 100% worth what they charge...
>>
>>7269830
Lower than fast food quality.
>>
>>7270370
Yep. I saw people raving about five guys on the internet for years then it finally came to Canada, so I went there a couple months after it arrived...

13 bucks for an A&W sized burger (which tasted worse) and way too many shitty fries. Not even a drink. Nowadays it's probably 16 for the same crap.

Fatburger arrived and it was ten times better for a little bit cheaper. Don't get why no one ever talks about Fatburger. It's the same expensive type burger chain but sooooooo much better.
I don't understand the hype for five guys. It's garbage.

If I want to pay that much for a burger, I'm going to Fatburger or an actual restaurant, both where I can also have a beer and watch the game.
>>
Im from texas. Whataburger is the best fast food ever. Number 2 no tomatoes grilled onions extra pickles mayo no mustard a slice of cheese on toasted bun. Plus its open 24/7!!!!
>>
>>7273259
I had Whataburger once while driving through Texas, really wish it was in my state.
>>
>>7273259

You literally sound gay when order a burger like that.
>>
>>7269830
>>7269830

If one likes five guys, in n out, whataburger or any shit like that; they should kill their self.

For the price of one of their burgers, you could by some meat, spices, flour and such and make 8 burgers that taste 100x better; god these fucking shit holes and the faggots who love them make me rage
>>
>>7273270
I love you
>>
>>7273281
What is the flour for... You also making the bread?
>>
>>7273007
Ha! Hahahahaha
>>
my burgers are ten times better and more filling than these fuckers. Not to mention the kraft cheese shit they use. Pretty good fries though
>>
>>7273281
>god these fucking shit holes and the faggots who love them make me rage

Good. Hopefully you'll have a stroke from it.
>>
>>7273007
Agreed. Chick fil A is the best fast food/fast food restaurant
>>
>>7273369
it's like...8 dollars for a meal. if we're just talking about eating out, how is that not worth it?
>>
>>7273239

Fell victim to all the hype on here and tired of seeing all the pictures of their burgers so I decided to give it a try.

1 double cheeseburger, 1 medium fry, and a large drink came out to about $17.00 usc. Snacked on some "free" peanuts, although at those prices, they are not really free. Got it to go so as I headed home I grabbed some fries to check em out while they were still fresh. Very disappointed with them. They were soggy and sad. Some asshole slammed on his brakes in front of me causing me to do the same and the bag got launched to the floor spilling the fries everywhere. They were so shitty, I wasn't even phased at their loss. Expected some super burger to come out of the wrapping but was met with an average burger at best.

Definitely not worth the $ and will never go back again. That place is all hype.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>$7.89
>>
>>7274876

This picture fails to show how soggy the bottom bun was. It was like it had literally been rolled up and dipped in a cup of water beforehand.
>>
>>7274855
>Expected some super burger to come out of the wrapping but was met with an average burger at best.
>Definitely not worth the $ and will never go back again.

This.

The marketing & hype got me in their store.... once.
The menu board had many burgers with 2 digits left of the decimal.. Meh, was willing to pay top shelf prices for a big burger. Nope -- ended up with, basically, a triple priced double quarter pounder.

I'm cool with it. Good jobs guys, you did hook me once..

I am just amazed at all the slobs that march right back in. I guess people are willing to pay >$15.00 for a lunch where they get typical fast food, but don't feel they bought it from a fast food place.
>>
I actually really like 5 Guys, they need to switch the tin foil to wax paper. The buns get soggy as fuck.
>>
>>7273281
>shit talking places you've never eaten at
Typical
>>
>>7274876
There are a multitude of toppings to put on at no extra charge. It's your fault for wanting to get a plain bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys.

Places like Five Guys/Subway make loads of money when they sell a burger/sub with no other toppings on them, it's part of their business model.

That being said, Five Guys is still extremely overpriced for what it is.
>>
why do they act like cunts when i tell them to take the burger "all the way"
If I was bipolar and not autistic it would have become a cunt-free zone very quickly
>>
>>7270370
I dunno in n out is very very overrated. Not that they're bad, but where near the fanaticism that people rave about.
>>
>>7274888
Five guys does that
>>
>>7269830
Holy shit you're right. I just looked it up.

$4.50 for a single hamburger
$5.10 for a single cheeseburger

Their stuff isn't even better than Wendy's, you could get a badass sub for the $9 you'd spend on a burger and fries
>>
>>7275575
Wendy's is fucking garbage
>>
>>7275586
It's okay. Better than Five Guys. You obviously don't weigh 500 pounds like I do, so I have more authority over this topic.
>>
>>7275590
No. 5 Guys is much better even if it is an overglorified Burger King
>>
>>7275596
Stop ordering the Jr. Cheeseburgers then, get the regular. They use different meat for the kids hamburger
>>
>>7275605
The regular tastes the same as 5 guys is my point

Both of them being flame broiled is probably the underlying factor
>>
>>7275590
Wendy's is good but my food gets cold by the time I get from the register to my seat. (They use cold refrigerated tomatoes, onions, pickles, lettuce, etc) Five guys is delicious but poor fags love to bash it.
>>
>>7275621
If it was delicious, I'd defend it. It's not, it's average. It even gets a little negative because I know they fucking soak everything in butter or oil and it still isn't above the cleaner places where you can eat a burger without feeling like you have to wash your hands.
>>
>>7273281
In n out really isn't that expensive
>>
>ITT: Poor people
>>
>>7275711
Sorry but dirty oily greasy burgers are the best and you are a faggot
>>
>>7275575
>5 bucks for a single cheeseburger

Fuck I hate Canada. I paid 13 for a single cheesburger.

>>7275711
Not poor at all. It's just garbage. Would rather go to an actual restaurant and get a way better burger for the same price while I can watch the Oilers game and have some beers with my friends, instead of staring out the window at the parking lot eating peanuts and shitty burgers and fries
>>
>>7277827
>Fuck I hate Canada. I paid 13 for a single cheesburger

Hey, you gotta cover that world class, "free" health care, roger?
>>
>>7273651
I get the number 1 at chick fil a just the original with fries and a drink and it's like $6.50 or some where right around there. I really haven't found any place that is a better deal with the same quality of food
>>
>>7277894
>free

hahahahahah.
I never use healthcare, so it's a waste of money, plus everything costs five times the price here, and I make absolutely nothing. The only "health care" I would ever use is dentistry, and that isn't free, it's fucking expensive. Haven't been to the dentist in 9 years because no job I have covers it. I pay out the ass for taxes and everything else, and can't even go to the dentist, what's the fucking point? I can't wait to move to freedomland.
>>
Their fries are a disappointment but I find their burgers to be excellent.
>>
Is there a better chain in Bongland?
>>
File: 1353540304091.png (130 KB, 1134x1357) Image search: [Google]
1353540304091.png
130 KB, 1134x1357
>>7277942
>I never use healthcare, so it's a waste of money, plus everything costs five times the price here, and I make absolutely nothing. The only "health care" I would ever use is dentistry, and that isn't free, it's fucking expensive. Haven't been to the dentist in 9 years because no job I have covers it. I pay out the ass for taxes and everything else, and can't even go to the dentist, what's the fucking point? I can't wait to move to freedomland.
Canadafag here

I agree

Our system is bullshit.
So is america's system.

But there's a better way.
>>
>>7277942
I empathize with you and hope you get to come down from the great white north to enjoy the best freedom has to offer.
>>
>>7277977
It's a nice idea but neglects the massive increase in the amount of training between a 19th Century and a 21st Century doctor. A modern nurse would is better trained than doctors were in those times and the cost of education is higher too.
>>
>>7277985
The point is that if we didn't have all these insane regulations and government monopolies(AMA, FDA) healthcare would be much cheaper.

What increased the price in the first place was these regulations and monopolies.
>>
>>7277988
>The point is that if we didn't have all these insane regulations and government monopolies(AMA, FDA) healthcare would be much cheaper.

We'd also be on our own to distinguish between quacks and competent medical professionals.
>>
>>7277993
>We'd also be on our own to distinguish between quacks and competent medical professionals.
There would be agencies like the BBB and underwriters laboratories to do that.
Also there would be medical schools and licenses and people wouldn't use doctors that weren't licensed by these schools.

Anyway the FDA and AMA are absolutely horrible and have killed countless people there's got to be a better way.
and state run healthcare is not the solution.
>>
>>7277997
Just take a look at the nutritional supplements industry for an idea of where that would get you.
>>
>>7277993
>hello potential doctor, may I see your medical degree from a reputable institution of higher learning
>sure, here it is
>thanks, now I feel comfortable seeking medical care from you
Doesn't seem too difficult to me.
>>
>>7278008
Don't link me to that awful Jon "It's 2015" Oliver video.

Even if this did result in some quack medicines getting out there it's much MUCH better than the current system which destroys medical innovation and raises prices.

Also if it wasn't for the nutritional supplement industry, many new life saving supplements wouldn't be available to people.
>>
>>7278023
>it wasn't for the nutritional supplement industry, many new life saving supplements wouldn't be available to people

Such as?
>>
>>7278026
Serrapeptase
Oregano Oil
Allicin
Butyrate
Even probiotics to name a few
>>
>>7278026
Piracetam, phenibut, creatine, DMAA, ZMA, hoodia, yohimbine, ECA stacks, EGCG, etc.

Pull the wool off your eyes and realize you're being lied to, man.
>>
>>7278038
>>7278039

>Intentionally being an unpaid lab rat for phase I studies
>>
>>7278048
If people have diseases or problems there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to try these things.
>>
>>7278050
Apart from, you know, them being discouraged from trying proven treatments or, worse, being harmed by them.
>>
>>7278062
>them being discouraged from trying proven treatments
Oh fuck off, the biggest reason people try these supplements in the first place is because conventional doctors failed them.

>worse, being harmed by them.
People are harmed far more often from prescription drugs.
Supplements have a much less chance of causing harm and even if they did cause harm people have the right to risk it, if it could potentially help their disease.

There's no stopping supplement bro, sorry.
>>
>>7273270
No matter how shitty my state of Texas gets and how fuck all crazy our politicians are, I can never leave because of Whataburger.
>>
>>7273361
for binding the burger, dummy

what do you use? breadcrumbs? egg?
>>
>>7278078
>the biggest reason people try these supplements in the first place is because conventional doctors failed them.

Lol, no. I work at a shop that specializes in supplements, herbal tablets, vitamins, and so on. Most users of that crap have never seen an actual doctor; they are self-diagnosing hypochondriacs.
>>
>>7278088
>Lol, no.
Lol, YES faggot.
This happens all the time.
It's what happened to me.

>I work at a shop that specializes in supplements, herbal tablets, vitamins, and so on.
Oh yeah I TOTALLY believe you work there and think supplements are worthless at the same time. Sure.
>>
>>7278086
If you use quality ingredients you should need a binder.
>>
>>7278107
>should
*shouldn't
>>
>>7278081

Wait, a Texan who can't cook a burger better than fast food? That's fucking sad. Turn in your 6-shooter, horse, and Stetson and get the hell outta my state.
>>
>>7278086

Nothing. As long as the fat content is correct binders are totally unnecessary and only serve to screw up the texture of the patty.

Beef with about 20% fat is all you need.
>>
>>7278116
20% for thick burger, 30% for thin.
>>
>>7277975
Burger King if you are bothered about price

one medium size five guys meal cost the same as two supersize bk meals

five guys is a dumb meme, £8 for a cheeseburger is ridiculous even with all the toppings (I only get grilled onion, pickle and lettuce)

the pickles and buns are worse at burger king

desu if i want a burger I usually end up at wetherspoons with a p gud pulled pork burger, proper chips and a pint

so wetherspoons is the better chain, though its not fast food

I occasionally take the paper with me, read it while waiting then wrap up my food in the classifieds to takeaway
>>
>>7278142
I don't care about the price and much prefer Five Guys over BK.
>>
>>7273281
In n out is cheap as fuck where I live, I can get a flying Dutchman with fried onions and cheese fries along with a drink and it would be as much as a five guys burger by itself.
>>
>>7269830
I know, same goes for In&Out too.

Like wtf
>>
It's not about Zoe Quinn. It's about ethics in games journalism
>>
>>7278194
Literally who?
>>
>>7269830
Cause one of their burgers has a half pound of meat on it. Go to another fast food chain and try to get a half pound burger or as many burgers as you'd need so that you have a whole half pound of meat. I garentee you it's near the price of a five guys burger
>>
>>7278194
Wow. That's pretty good
>>
>>7278165
the burgers are the same man

five guys is dry as shit too often, nicest fries though
>>
Tried five guys recently for the first time
The burger I got was pretty good, it comes in a reasonable size and the choices for condiments are pretty solid (no burger sauce but who cares) , I can see why folks like it. The shakes they have seem good as well, the banan shake I got went great with the salty food.
I decided to get a large order of Cajun fries to find my bag filled to the brim with them, while they were good they were a bit overspiced. Tried some of my friends normal fries and those are actually really good-- they have the peanut flavor from the oil they were fried in and are nice and crispy.
While on the pricier side their generosity with the fries and the choices in condiments for the burger make it a fairly solid place to eat
>>
>>7278266
>the burgers are the same man
They're really not.
>>
>>7278224
>A whole half pound of meat
woah dude a whole eight ounces
oh boy thats so much, how can you even eat that much

lol my local burger joint does a 12oz burger for less than five guys regular offering, and they have 8oz burgers for half as much as five guys

all homemade and topped with whatever free salad you ask for,
my local isnt a chain though
>>
You think its bad in the us? Over here in the small amount of five guys in the UK its roughly $7.50 for a basic burger
>>
>>7270370
That award goes to in-n-out
>>
>>7278852
Sour grapes
>>
File: 1406906496180.jpg (31 KB, 318x322) Image search: [Google]
1406906496180.jpg
31 KB, 318x322
>>7278884
>t-they only think in-n-out is overrated because they don't have it
>i-it's not the average goods or the meme menu
>>
>>7278936
Sour

Grapes
>>
>>7278943
>m-muh sekrit klub
>>
>>7278965
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapes
>>
Its better in the original restaurants, they just branched out too quickly - as bullshit as that may sound
>>
File: 1362684916774.jpg (410 KB, 2003x3022) Image search: [Google]
1362684916774.jpg
410 KB, 2003x3022
Attention passportless fast food shitheads. It's shit. All of it. So is In and Out and whatever other regional rivalries you guys have. Try getting out of your home state and you might realize that putting different words on the label slapped on your shitfood doesn't change shit.
>>
>>7279028
Sour grapes
>>
>>7279033
Buddy there are like fifty Five Guys in the city where I live, and it's infested every city I visit more than three times a year.

It is shit, and you are a shit person if you like it. Go drink bleach.
>>
>>7279038
that's a rude thing to say
>>
>>7279038
Sour. Grapes.
>>
File: 1362685057171.jpg (493 KB, 2003x3024) Image search: [Google]
1362685057171.jpg
493 KB, 2003x3024
>>7279048
Go watch another ASMR video of obese people chewing with their mouths open, you'll feel better in no time.
>>
>>7279057
Sour
o
u
r

Grapes
r
a
p
e
s
>>
>>7269830
Fuck five guys. For those prices might as well just get a dinner burger or make your own.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.