[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
red pill me on hot sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: ketchup.png (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
ketchup.png
9 KB, 217x232
red pill me on hot sauce
>>
Hot sauce is real good.
>>
>>7267957
Alright. Here we go. There will be shit heads in this thread who order super special hot sauces from fucking amazon or some shit, but the truth is, sriracha is excellent for cooking, and franks is an awesome every day hot sauce.
/thread
>>
Texas Pete is the worst and I hate the Army for endorsing that shit.
>>
>>7267957
Hot sauce is cheap, just go buy some that look interesting and see what you like. Franks or crystal or louisiana can be good, but they're kinda bland and boring. I prefer mexican ones like el yucateco. Chill is alright but always tastes watery to me. Tabasco chipotle is good as fuck too for a barbecue flavor. Pickapeppa mango hot sauce is fucking delicious too, completely different flavor though.
>>
>vinegar + chili mash + salt

uh, it's a negative calorie food if you care about that
>>
It's cheap and not bad for you unless you get stomach ulcers or something.

Everyone will say their recipe is the best or special, but it's mostly the same shit.

You have louisiana hot sauce which is that traditional sour-spicy vinegar sauce they use in buffalo wings.
You have "Mexican style" hot sauce which can either be identical to louisiana style, or it will be made with either habaneros or jalapenos since they're abundant as fuck. You might also find some sort of fruity mango-flavored stuff like the bottle with the wooden cap, or some kind of kooky chipotle junk.

Then you have Asian hot sauce which is the whole sriracha style shit made from the chilipeppers over there. Usually this has a pretty strong garlic taste to go along with it.

Everything else from those Jamaican scotch-bonnet sauces to XXX ASS-BURNER EXTREME SKULLDEATH TIGER GHOST PEPPER SAUCE is gimmicky and can either be excluded or replaced with one of the three above.
>>
>>7267985
Frank's IS the classic flavor for hot wings, etc. but it needs a little help. Too mild. Sriracha is good for some cooking, but I wouldn't use it for everything. I usually keep about 4-5 hot sauces and use as needed. Nothing special though. If I really want to add heat I just add diced chilis.

Melinda's XXX or whatever is a really good habanero sauce. I keep Tabasco around for old time's sake. Fuck Dave's. I like the heat, but it tastes like rusty battery acid mixed with old people vomit. Cholula is great, but like Frank's, too mild.

I wish there were more commonly available hot sauces that had more kick than the usual standards but aren't a part of the scoville arms race. Melinda's are pretty good for that, but I need more.
>>
>>7268057
This is my sauce of choice by the way
>>
>>7268039
>negative calorie food
Hello genius
>>
>>7267957
Western hot sauces have a sour note because you're all vinegar addicted freaks
Indian hot sauces tend to focus on the heat, add fat under high temperature (boiling or above) to bring out the flavour
Oriental hot sauces tend to focus on spices in addition to hot peppers, often with soy or some other form of vegetable/seed oil as a "base". They're basically good out of the bottle. (Wasabi is a meme japs agreed)
>>
>>7268088
I don't understand what your post is supposed to mean. There are calories that supply fewer calories than they burn. Hot sauce is one of them.
>>
>>7267957
If you put enough hot sauce in anything, it tastes like hot sauce.

Remember that should you ever travel.
>>
File: Tabasco_bottle_2013.jpeg.jpg (10 KB, 85x235) Image search: [Google]
Tabasco_bottle_2013.jpeg.jpg
10 KB, 85x235
>>7267957
if it's not Bascy, it's wrong
>>
salt and vinegar. Hot sauce sucks.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
A while back i've managed to snatch 9 bottles or so of Jalapeno tabasco sauce for 5c a bottle, shit was cash and apparently it was 1 day away feom expiration.

This stuff i very good on a lot of food, pasta, pizza, grilled sandwiches etc.

I used to love Louisiana Habanero sauce but i'm off that stuff for a while, probably should get it.

Also made my own anus destroyer sauce a little while back, guaranteed to destroy your whole digestive organs.

Pic related, my ( not officially ) prized Tropical Reaper sauce.
>>
I always keep the holy trinity stocked at all times

Tabasco, Tapatio and Sriracha. I also have franks just Incase.
>>
Heat from hot sauce elicits a pain reaction rather than a true "taste" (though the sauce obviously has a taste too.)

The pain is alleviated by a nice rush of endorphins that also make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

People get addicted to that feeling and some then start putting hot sauce on fucking everything.
>>
File: El_Topo_Habenero_Sauce.jpg (29 KB, 252x448) Image search: [Google]
El_Topo_Habenero_Sauce.jpg
29 KB, 252x448
I swear by siracha, cholula, franks, chipotle tobasco, and the occasional hipster hot sauce from whole foods or some shit.

my favorite all time hot sauce though? the chipotle habanero hot sauce that the mexican restaurant i cook for makes is fucking great. its not that stupid 100% pain shit where it just burns and doesn't taste like shit. my boss knows his shit
>>
texas pete is awesome
>>
>>7268186
Where can I get one of those bottles?
>>
>>7267957
You're already on it, Anon.
>>
File: 2583_large.jpg (52 KB, 250x739) Image search: [Google]
2583_large.jpg
52 KB, 250x739
This is my favorite
>>
>>7268422

Looks like the bottle from Crystal Head vodka.
>>
>>7268095
>Despite its recurring popularity in dieting guides, there is no scientific evidence supporting the idea that any food is calorically negative.
t. wikipedia
>>
walkerswood hot jamaican scotch bonnet has been my go to lately. texture and heat is very good. Highly recommend
>>
>>7267957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX0uAkBOLug
>>
>>7268057
damn you should write a book family
>>
>>7267957
Hot Sauce is pure sodium. Might as well eat a handful of salt.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 1000x1000
This is the new meme sauce where i live. I hardly ever find a need for cocksauce anymore
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.