[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey co/ck/s, i'm heading to college soon and i'll be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: pdfke.jpg (25 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
pdfke.jpg
25 KB, 500x525
hey co/ck/s, i'm heading to college soon and i'll be living with 3 other guys in this house. I've never really cooked for myself so what are some nice recipes to make when you are a college student with a small-medium budget?
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>
http://www.budgetbytes.com/

If you want something easy, I usually go with a piece of fish/meat, 1 veg, 1 carb on a plate. You can roast a whole chicken if you've got an oven and break it down into 2 breast pieces and 2 legs, enough for 2-4 meals.

Think about what you would like to eat and your favourite foods then google recipes and try them. Some youtube channels to try out are Foodwishes and cookingwithdog.
>>
>>7267216
Everything you make will be terrible, because you have no taste and no experience shopping or cooking. Also it will be expensive, because you're not used to managing a larger and fridge, so extra ingredients you bought for one meal will go to waste, instead of being used for another meal.

This is OK. Fucking up is how you learn. My recommendation is to cook vegetarian for the following reasons:
- less likely to food poison yourself through improper handling/storage/cooking
- less money lost when a fuckup goes into the trash
- you'll be eating enough fast/convenience food anyways, so you'll need some vegetable fiber in your fucking diet anyways
>>
If roommates are taking your food, season your food with either plutonium or ghost pepper
>>
Prepare yourself to be "that guy" because you're gonna have to tell your inevitably coddled and clueless roommates that they have to clean up after themselves and buy their own food
>>
Learn to cook omelets. You will impress your new roommates well if you can produce a tasty breakfast. And omelets look more impressive and difficult than they actually are, especially if you flip them impressively.

I'm going to arbitrarily say "impressive", one more time, just because
>>
>>7267216
All yo extra food will be eaten, so boil some rice or macaroni, add some canned anything to it and eat ASAP. That's all, good luck.
>>
>>7267982
>I'm going to arbitrarily say "impressive", one more time, just because
Eat shit faggot.
>>
>>7267216
step 1, put olive oil in a pan
step 2, mash the fuck out of a tin of anchovies
step 3, wait for anchovies to melt
step 4, add to pasta

now you have a flavorful pasta made from anchovies that your roomates can't steal or fuck with because it's single size portioning. added bonuses are that its good on taste and not autistic on calories
>>
carbonara every night, and maybe toss some spinach or broccoli in there for veggie reasons

when you're bored with that, make a grilled cheese sandwich

i miss those days
>>
>>7269237
>carbonara with broccoli
I'm not willing to believe there is any way this could taste good. There are easier ways to incorporate veggies into your diet. Fry some chicken, add some vegetables to saute half way through, add some peri peri sauce, and eat with a side of sweet potato fries. Pick the right vegetables and wa la, 15 minute balanced meal.
>>
>>7267267
>just pretend to be a vegetarian so you wont make yourself sick.

YOU make me sick. You act like cooking is some magical skill that takes months of grinding for XP to do safely.
Its not hard at all to not make yourself sick, if youre that stupid, you should probably be wearing a helmet 16 hours a day and living with a caretaker.
>youre gonna fuck up a lot, not like me, of course.
>you dont know what to buy or how to cook it so Im not even sure you should try, honestly.
>either that or make yourself sick by mishandling food.
>Nothin personal, kid!

Youre the worst kind of poster. Even worse than Ramen/fast food posters.
>>
>>7267267
You're disgusting
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.