[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vermont Curry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: vermont-curry[1].jpg (132 KB, 736x367) Image search: [Google]
vermont-curry[1].jpg
132 KB, 736x367
So I got a block of pic related. I was thinking of just browning some stewing beef and simmering it with chunks of carrots and onions - anyone here make this stuff regularly?
>>
the only thing vermont is good for is eliteist liberals
>>
Pretty much that is it. You can add whatever you want. If you feel that it needs a boost of flavor. Add some Ketchup or worcestershire sauce.
>>
>>7267110
Add some potatoes too. Vermont curry is one of the best instant curries. Don't expect it to be spicy hot but
>>
>>7267110
Go with pork or chicken, anon.

Honey and apple go well with those, but not so much with beef.

That, an learn how to make your own "curry", which is just an Indian word for sauce / gravy, essentially.
>>
>>7267110
So you are eating a Vermont version of a Japanese version of a British version of an Indian dish?

Wew.
>>
>>7267697
kek

I make this with cubed chicken thighs, jalapeƱos or serrano peppers sliced, string beans, cauliflower, and coconut milk. I use the entire box. Serve over steamed rice.
>>
For anyone who wants to try kareraisu but can't find the roux, just make a roux yourself using 2 parts butter, 1 part all-purpose flour, 1 part curry powder. Stew up the rest of the ingredients and make/add the roux at the end.

In the curry I like to put:
>Chicken stock
>Potatoes
>Carrots
>Red Onions
>Tomato paste
>Honey
>Worcestershire sauce
>Soy Sauce
>Black pepper

Pretty basic, great over steamed rice.
>>
>>7267110
use pork its better

add kabocha and potato

use dashi instead of water

marinate the pork for a bit

caramelize your onions when starting off

add 2 tbsp of tonkatsu sauce let simmer down until thick

lately I've been liking Sichuan peppercorn in mine for mouth numbing flavor

also kokumaro is better Vermont is a bit sweet mix half java half kokumaro for best
>>
>>7267671
>>7267697
I do make my own curry. I also enjoy Japanese curry. Thanks for the tip about the pork, though.

>>7268179
That sounds great!

>>7268339
Would bonito dashi do? It's all I've got at the moment.
>>
>>7268214
I haven't seen a single Indian person using flour to make a curry, so why would anybody else?
>>
>>7268979
Japanese curry rice's quite a different beast from Indian curries.
>>
>>7268979
Japanese curry is different from Indian/Pakistani curry which is different from Vietnamese/Thai Curry.

They are all delicious though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.