[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Italian American food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1stupid dish.jpg (16 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1stupid dish.jpg
16 KB, 300x200
Because it has become so fucking different that im not going to even categorize them as the same thing.
Why has Italian food gone to shit?
Why do Italian places seem to always serve you on something the size of a hubcap...Dont they know less is better?
Why do they insist on telling us its their grandma homemade recipes...but use shit canned ingredients?
>>
Have you thought about asking the people you believe are guilty instead of asking us?
>>
>>7266590
Why not ask you?
>>
>>7266600
Because I don't make Italian food in restaurants. Context clues.
>>
>>7266603
cool.
>>
I use to go to Bella Sera in Copperas Cove, TX and it was really good tasting, prices were average and their servings we're not huge but they were filling when you add in the bread that came with it and salad or whatever else you got at the time. I prefer that over just like what you said, a hubcap sized tray piled high with shitty stuff.
>>
Why do you live in an area with shit Italian-American food?
>>
Entirely possible they're not lying about it being their grandma's recipe. Basically, just because it's his grandmother's recipe doesn't mean it's gonna be any good. The bitch made do with the shit she had available, just as her goat-herding, cousin-fucking inbred parents from whatever shithole mountain town in southern Italy (that likely still doesn't have indoor plumbing even today) did when they moved to the US after the war.

See, Italian Americans? Their women are fucking sluts. Like whoa. So if the guy's like 25 years old running his own greasy wop dego joint, guaranfuckingteed his grandmother is under 65, possibly even under 60, because his slut of a mother had him at 17 and his whore-y grandmothers had his parents around the same time. That means his shit-cooking grandmas both lived through the American 60s and 70s, a time when quality ingredients were scarce because everyone in America who wasn't Chinese was eating frozen dinners, meal kits and canned everything.
>>
>>7266578
>less is better
What a fucking asshole.
Unless they are trading quality for quantity, how is more not better?
>>
>>7266578
>American cuisine
Americans invented Italian food in 1920.
>>
>>7267009
>Unless they are trading quality for quantity, how is more not better?
When you go out for a meal and get two meals' worth of food what are you supposed to do? Eat until you end up in a food coma? Carry around a doggie bag for the rest of the night? Leave half of the food you get for the staff to toss into the garbage?

When it gets to that level of silly portion size I'd rather find a place that serves more reasonable sized portions of better quality food or serves similar quality food in smaller portions for lower prices. Because I'm going out to eat, not to be saddled with leftovers.

I understand for some people going out to eat means eating as much as possible so they "feel full" and get their "money's worth", but I'm not a fucking goldfish.
>>
Why? Because you can't find good, fresh tomatoes 3/4 of the year in burgerstan.

You gotta find the little hole in the wall places. I've had godly Italian fare by legit Italian immigrants. Shame only big cities have them, usually. Normies only eat garbage like pizza hut. Everything is the fault of normies.
>>
>>7266888
Quality post. Why would you expect much out of immigrant wop-chow? Nothing good has come out of Italy in 309 years
>>
>>7267276
Achille Gaggia would beg to differ.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.