[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Hawaii for my sisters dumb hockey bullshit in a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 510x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 510x270
Going to Hawaii for my sisters dumb hockey bullshit in a couple of months, anyone recommend and food to try there?

Also not an ameritard, should I try Taco Bell, five guys, that sort of shit? (If it's even there)
>>
Taco Bell
>>
>>7265998
Personally I'd eat your sister's vag. Haha I jest. But seriously, according to google maps there are McDonalds restaurants in Hawaii and a plethora of Subways for whatever reason. Panda Express too. Sounds like breakfast, lunch, and dinner to me m9.
>>
hunt for sharks at some beach. it's an afrodisiac
>>
Just eat a pineapple and be thankful
>>
Spam musubi, poke, poi
>>
>>7266059
I'd actually like to, but it will never happen so let's not take this thread down that path.

McDonalds and Subway is everywhere, that won't be anything new for me. Is Panda Express different enough to other trashy Chinese restaurants to warrant seeking it out?
>>
>>7265998
Fish, any kind they have. It's delicious
Pulled pork
Maui onions & maui pineapple
Pog, it's a drink
>>
>>7266092
Is pog alcoholic? Interesting sounding name.
>>
poke and loco moco
>>
>>7266084
I'm OP.
This is not
>>
>>7266078
This guys been there. Do what he says
>>
>>7266101
I think he means poi which is not alcoholic. Its a paste made from tarro roots. Its not to bad. Pretty earthy. There are plenty of chinks there so if you like asian food youll enjoy it. Try to find a pig roast/luau. They roast that mofo in the sand with pineapples. Pretty amazing
>>
>>7266078
>spam musubi

My ex is from Hawaii, and I used to eat this with her all the time. You've triggered me.
>>
>>7266101
Pog is POG for pineapple, orange, guava. It's not alcoholic, just juice. But it's very popular in Hawaii, and it's very often alcoholic, as it's delicious mixed with rum.
>>
>>7266508
you don't drink poi bruv. well i mean i guess you could but it'd be like chugging drywall before it sets
>>
>>7266142
No I'm OP
>>
>>7266527
Speaking of guavas I practically lived off these things while I was there. They have I fantastic texture and flavor. Also they grow litterally everywhere
>>
Follow >>7266117 and >>7266078 advice, poke is fucking amazing, seriously, it might look a bit unappetizing, but it is god tier.

Also to avoid looking like a dip, it's pronounced like the first part of Pokemon
>>
>>7265998
go to ramen bars there, i was there and they have decent ones
>>
>>7265998
>eating shitty fast food while traveling
I mean, even if you aren't interested in the local stuff, why would you settle for the absolute lowest tier of food you possibly could
>>
>>7266078
Lomi salmon

Kalua pork

Saimin if you want noodles.
>>
>going to hawaii
>hey guise, should i eat at the fast food chains?

Why in the fuck would you even think that was a good idea?

Pork lau lau
Lomi salmon
Squid luau
Kalua pork

Basically get yourself some plate lunches. Fuck poi, though. Saimin can be good; it's Hawaii style ramen.

Stop at any convenience store and grab a musubi or a manapua for a snack.

You'll probably be in Honolulu so there's all sorts of shit available there, including non fast food texmex and burger places. Get some poke.

>hockey
>hawaii
>>
>>7266857
He could also get a malasada.

Poi is really hit or miss depending on the person. My mother loves the stuff but nobody else in the family would eat it if offered.
>>
>>7266857

Forgot to mention, if you're driving around and you see smoke coming from the side of the road someone is either burning trash or making huli huli chicken, in which place it would be a good idea to pull over.
>>
>>7266533
>>7266142

Real OP here I have no idea why these fuckheads are pretending to be me on a fucking anonymous image board. What's the point you aren't even contributing anything?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.