[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: arby.png (39 KB, 334x298) Image search: [Google]
arby.png
39 KB, 334x298
What went wrong?
>>
You started another fast food thread, and one about a fast food place that already has a thread about it.
>>
downsized all their sandwiches. added too much sugar to the bread. added too much salt.

arbys actually has no real tastes other than sweet and salty, anymore. its horrible.
>>
Nothing. Literally just Jew memeing.
>>
I hate those new commercials with the supposed tough guy touting meat sandwiches. As if it would get anyone pumped up to run out and buy their trashy food.
>>
My guess is that tacos and burritos became more popular than sandwiches, and you can count me in on that.

This article covers some of the major points about America's changing palate and desire for spicier foods:

http://www.businessinsider.com/salsa-is-americas-favorite-condiment-2013-10

>nb4 seinfeld

It brings the whole chipotle-flavored craze into perspective. Remember about a decade ago when it seemed like every major fast food chain was releasing chipotle-flavored dressings, dips, etc.? Maybe this research coincided with declining sales and this was the conclusion they came to.
>>
>>7265221
fuck the losers above this post.

DONT CHANGE A THING
>>
>>7265221

I only get the curly fries and those have seemed to stay the same.
>>
>>7265221
They started venturing outside their territory. They claim to smoke their turkey or Angus whatever for 18hours but I've never seen a smoke pit at an arbys. Maybe they cold smoke it at a factory then add ton of fillers.
>>
>>7267167
Yes, the mitt was so superior...

https://youtu.be/3a7GtLcU_Vo
>>
>>7268978
Fun tip: The Oven Mitt was voiced by Tom Arnold. As part of his payment, Arby's gave him a card that entitled him to free Arby's food for life.
>>
>>7265221
Their franchise quality control is shit

In Richmond, VA their food is still really good. Theres a number of chains that are basically allowed to experiment at will (serve beer, invent sandwiches, etc), and they're all great.

I travel a few hours up the coast and get one of the standard items and its thoroughly mediocre. I legitimately thought people were trolling about Arby's before I moved away from Richmond.
>>
fucking everything
>>
>>7267167
WE HAVE
THE MEATS
>>
>>7268888
Smoking a turkey for 18 hours seems completely unnecessary. It's almost certainly a load of horseshit they say to make it sound like they put a lot of work into it. 18 HOURS IN A SMOKER, MY GOD THAT'S A LOT OF HOURS, IT MUST BE SUPER FANTASTIC.

You only need 2 to 3 hours to get the smoky flavor in. After that point you would want to STOP adding smoke or it gets too overwhelming, you just want to heat it to the target temp. I smoke most of my birds in the 285 to 325 range which can take 3 to 6 hours depending on the bird, never done a turkey though I imagine it'd take more in the 8 to 12 hour range. But 18 hours? NO actual person spends 18 hours smoking a turkey.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.