[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/how do I cook? I only know how to use a microwave, toaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1452390082435.jpg (271 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452390082435.jpg
271 KB, 900x1200
So /ck/how do I cook? I only know how to use a microwave, toaster and boil hot dogs and eggs. How do I learn how to make other foods from home?
>>
>>7263769
Look up recipes and try them?
>>
Toaster is useless.

As for boiling hot dogs and eggs, bring water to a boil, and then literally boil any other food you want that requires boiling, it's the same thing, just not putting eggs or hot dogs in the hot water.

As for your microwave skills, buy frozen foods that require an oven, like pizza. Now there wont be a big flashy "READY IN 2 MINUTE" sign, but on the back it'l tell you the number to leave your oven on, and for how long. Wait that time and remove the food.

Well done you are ready for master chef.
>>
You must first swallow an entire load of your own semen OP.
All the great chefs do this. For one can not truly taste food if one can not taste themselves, and tasting is 75% of the cooking process.
>>
>>7263773
Pretty much this. Early cooking is like building Ikea furniture. Just follow the instructions.

Remember that in general you don't want your burners on high. You can always cook longer, but once it's burnt, it's burnt.
>>
>>7263769
That looks delicious.
>>
File: 1260320860050.gif (281 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1260320860050.gif
281 KB, 1000x1600
>>7263769
A lot of people hate this image, but it helped me, so fuck them...
>>
>>7263769
Start with easy things like soufflé then leanr how to make a pear
>>
>>7263769
in before the egg seasoning copypasta
>>
>>7263778
>You can always cook longer, but once it's burnt, it's burnt.

Another simple rule, don't over-salt. You can always add a bit, but once it's too salty, it's too salty. Taste as you go.
>>
>>7263801
if it's too salty add sugar to neutralize the salt.

also works with spicy
>>
>>7263807
I usually use potato cubes to draw out the salt, depending on the dish. You just have to pull them out before they are cooked enough to start falling apart In general I'm more annoyed by sweetness in my dishes than I am salt. The potatoes can then be thrown out, or served as a side. I've finished them off and made mashed potatoes with them.

Though, these days, I just don't oversalt int eh first place.
>>
>>7263816
I've done this with soup before. I was using some shitty salt shaker to add salt to the soup, and the lid fucking fell off. all the salt...into the fuckin soup. all of it.

had to split it up in two batches and add more stock and potatoes.
>>
>>7263783
kek, ty anon, this is useful
>>
>>7263769
Learn how to use a cooker. Pay attention to temperature and types of pan. Most basic cooking is underpinned by pan-cooking on a hob. Learn to fry the perfect egg and move forward from there.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.