[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I like well done steak Why does that upset everyone? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Bay-Front_Right.jpg (544 KB, 1377x1640) Image search: [Google]
Bay-Front_Right.jpg
544 KB, 1377x1640
So I like well done steak

Why does that upset everyone? I don't understand why folks get upset about how other people prefer their food.
>>
>>7262878
It doesn't upset me at all. It's just the insufferable sperglords that feel compelled to dictate to everyone else how they should prepare and enjoy their own food.

Continue to eat whatever you like and ignore what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>7262878
It's a waste of quality meat.
>>
>>7262886
if its well done then it probably wasnt quality meat. op is likely just used to flank steak from walmart
>>
>>7262886

>waste of quality meat

Okay so what if

Get this

Someone prepared it how they didn't actually enjoy it. Just to appease you. And wow, they didn't like it because it wasn't how they.. like it.

Wouldn't that be more of a waste?
>>
>>7262878
Because the capacity to appreciate texture or more subtle taste.

That being said, if you order well done at a restaurant, you are getting their shittier pieces of meat cooked on high until shoe leather. My brother insists on well done steak, but I butterfly it and cook it in a skillet while spooning butter over the top. Night and day difference.
>>
>>7262890
Well in that case carry on and cook it however you do/don't like.

>>7262892
That's a common expression because similar results are achievable with cheaper cuts of beef.
>>
>>7262878
I don't care if people like well done. What does bother me is people that buy expensive steak and do well done. Why be so stupid at wasting your money like that¿ You want well done just get some shit cheap steak.
>>
>>7262893

I can understand ordering in a restaurant being a problem because they all have to go out at the same time, and thus the temperature for the well done steak has to be retardedly high.

Buuuut.

>>7262906
>>7262912

What if you're cooking at home and one is capable of telling the flavors of a better cut even when well-done as opposed to a cheap cut?
>>
>>7262878
Well done is the kind of preference that arises when you don't have access to particularly good meat. Poor quality meat is tought and bloody tasting when rare or medium, so folks used to it will opt for med well or well.
>>7262886
This assumes an even playing field. All people do not have access to good meat. The lower the quality of the meat the more cooked I want it.
>>7262892
Your preferences are generally set by your standards. The way people who grew up eating steaks so bad they preferred them med well to well also like steak sauce with their steaks. Of course you do - the thing you're eating is barely a steak, of course it needs glorified ketchup so you can choke it down.
>>
Most people I know who like it well done basically start screaming like babies when they see what I'm having, you cool if you don't whine about it though.
>>
>>7262932

Who said anything about ketchup?
>>
>>7262943
Once you overcook a steak, especially a cheap one it's the next logical step.
>>
>>7262929
Then you're a self-rationalizing faggot. Unless you can appreciate steaks at all doneness, then it's just pure pickiness.

Good steaks are better rarer and more tender. Bad steaks are good to go medium well with more sear. Shit nigga, I can get down on some diner steak and eggs. Make a sandwich with the toast, with some hash browns as well, dunking in ketchup/hot sauce. Fuuuuck
>>
>>7262950

>Good steaks are better rarer and more tender.

Better to you, though.

Why are steakfags so stupid that they don't understand the concept of differing personal tastes?
>>
>>7262950
>Good steaks are better rarer and more tender. Bad steaks are good to go medium well with more sear.
True, but at a certain point the steaks are bad enough that there are (hopefully) better options on the menu.
>>
>>7262959
Because your personal taste is misguided; like dumb housewives ordering filet mignon "for the taste" even though the cut is strictly about texture.
>>
>>7262971

So your opinion is the correct one and people should eat their food how you'd prepare it for yourself? Delusional.
>>
>>7262974
No, he's right. Ignorance plays a huge part in people's preferences. Many folks prefer things a specific way because they don't know any better, then stick to their preferences when offered something better because they're out of their league and don't know what else to do.
>>
>>7263006

And for those that have tried different mixes of done-ness and cuts and have developed an their preference from experience?
>>
>>7263024

-an
>>
>>7263024
Have they tried different levels of quality when it comes to steaks as well, or are they basing everything in their universe on the supermarket and chain restaurants? Because if all I had to go on was supermarket and chain restaurant steaks I'd take mine med well every time.
>>
>>7262878
People get upset at you for two reasons

First is that they have a poor understanding of sunk cost. Second is that you're weird and your preference is usually only shared by people who don't have a very strong grasp of how food is prepared and how it's intended to be enjoyed.

From my experience, most people who say that they prefer their steak well done have never even tried it less done than well done. Much like >>7263006 said. It's like those people who say "I don't like cheese" when they've only tried american cheese and fake mozzarella. Flaunting ignorance is a fast way to piss people off, and your opinion just happens to be one that is usually only shared by people of ignorance.

Even that's fine, I get it, they're just pansies who are squeamish around meat and don't understand what the difference between cuts are. But again, like >>7262883 said, when they go around saying that you're stupid for not burning the damn thing then I start to get mad. There's nothing technically wrong with it either way, so long as the intended recipient enjoys it to the fullest possible degree I couldn't be fucking happier.

So eat your shoe leather if you want, Anon, I really couldn't give less of a fuck. Just so long as you accept the fact that most people who know what they're talking about tend to disagree with you.

That, and don't expect me to eat your well done steak, because I'm probably not going to waste my time on it.
>>
>>7263024
those people don't order well done

are you insinuating that your one of those people and that you order well done....cuz if ya are...yer a ffffffffucking liar
>>
>>7263063

I don't "order" well done. I make it my damn self.
>>
>>7262878
A great way to cook a well done steak is cut with bread crumbs
>>
mmm well done is great when you arent an incompetent chef

who fucking cares how you cook it its just a fucking cow, if you make it rare it tastes like nothing and its bloody

hold up let me order some rare chicken because of its texture lmfao baka senpai

[spoiler]i am purposely shitposting and will probably get banned for this[/spoiler]
>>
>>7262971
How does it affect you at all?
>>
Quality bait OP.

That being said only people with unrefined palettes/childish stubborness order well done anything.

If they have a braised short rib or a brisket, sure I get that as a "well done", since its more of a slow roast/braising cut, and I'll even go as far to say that a ribeye can be enjoyed medium well. I'm not even a snob about this shit I cook for a living and if someone wants something well done, its the same price all around, doesn't get my dick in a knot, but if you go and pay for a steak, might as well have it done right, and not well.
>>
>>7263204

>only people with unrefined palettes/childish stubborness order well done
>I'm not even a snob about this shit

Yeah "no offense" but you're retarded if you can't read the shit that you write yourself.

Dummy.
>>
>>7263207
Great argument fagtron. You sure convinced me with those hot opinions!
>>
>>7263211

And you sure convinced me with yours, dingus. Opinions.
>>
File: real_interesting.jpg (427 KB, 1081x1024) Image search: [Google]
real_interesting.jpg
427 KB, 1081x1024
>>7263204
>when you pay for a steak you should get it how you want it
>except when you pay for it that is!
>>
File: proceed.jpg (16 KB, 227x326) Image search: [Google]
proceed.jpg
16 KB, 227x326
>>7263152
I don't understand why you went to the trouble to write that shit down, just why?
>>
>>7262878
Mate I don't care if you hate food, go nuts.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.