[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do rich people eat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14
File: american seafood.jpg (89 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
american seafood.jpg
89 KB, 720x479
What do rich people eat?
>>
Subway and McDonald's salads.
>>
>>7262609
I know a family that is incredibly wealthy. They eat filet mignon from Walmart with asparagus 3 nights a week.
>>
Depends if you mean rich and cultured or just rich. I know rich people that live on garbage.
>>
>>7262609
Food.
>>
>>7262609
The hopes and dreams of poor people.
>>
caviar
>>
>>7262632
You don't know anybody.
Again, fuck off.
>>
>>7262649
You're a freak, don't talk like that ever again. Delete your post fucking weirdo
>>
File: IMG_8967[1].jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8967[1].jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
They basically eat the same shit as everyone else, just arranged "nicely" with fancy looking sauces, in smaller portions, and 5x more expensive
>>
Whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>7262657
fuck shrimp
>>
>>7262648
I had this for lunch and im a skinny rich guy.
>>
>>7262632
Rich and cultured.
>>
>>7262632
This. Millionaire Next Door gives the anecdone: "I only drink two types of beer; Bud Light and Free."

You don't get rich by spending money.
>>
>>7262657
or just pay for fucking ambiance.

>work in bakery with joined cafe
>french vibes and shit
>shitty rich folk buying crap for 3-4x the price at the diner
>even the dogs get shit from the cafe
>all menu items in french gibberish and really is just an omelette with ham and cheese
>>
>>7262650

>she said to a message board poster
>online
>anonymously
>on a site with little to no rules

Not that guy, but you can't be serious.
>>
I've always been poor. however my boyfriend comes from a nice upper middle class family and i just stayed with them for three weeks on vacation [we are long distance]

This is what we ate: A LOT of Schwann;'s home delivery food [mother hates to cook] and went out to at least twice a week at fairly nice restaurants (dishes ~15 - ~25 dollars each)
>>
>>7263149
>going to Chili's is nice
Though I can't really speak, since as a little girl, my family's eating out at an expensive place was Sonic.
>>
Legumes and shrimp. The rich crave shellfish and the blood of the innocent above all else.
>>
how rich?
>>
>>7262657
>haute cuisine is a scam meme
I thought /ck/ was over this
>>
>>7262609
I eat rice and beans so that I can keep my money. Occasionally chicken breast that I can season well. Otherwise vegetables. It is a rare occasion that I buy red meat.
>>
>>7263163
what dish at chili's is 25 dollars? lol.
>>
>>7262609
All the opportunities in the world. Then they shit it into a great big pile and wonder why the poor don't lap it up.
>>
>>7263202
>butthurt gommunist detected
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (52 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
52 KB, 500x682
>>7263019
Thats most of it right there.
You're not paying for the food, you're paying for the experience of eating it alongside other rich people in an expensive dining room.
I had a rich aunt who regularly ate out at those 'hundred dollar plate' restaurants, and from the extensive documentation of pictures she always takes wherever she eats, it doesn't look like i'm missing out on anything.
>>
>>7263227
my parents are definitely rich and they dont eat like that at all. They mostly have takeout chinese or whatever my mom makes which tends to be rather decadent meals
>>
>>7262609

When you can eat anything you want at any given time, but have more important things to think about then food, then you eat whatever is convenient. Rich people have no problem going to a nice restaurant when they're out with friends/clients/old friends/new friends/family, but if you go to their house you'll probably find them throwing a frozen pizza in the oven.

When you can absolutely afford anything you want to eat at any given time, eating becomes somewhat of a chore, and not as enjoyable as say, watching the world series in the 100 section.
>>
My boss is pretty wealthy and he eats pretty shitty looking food.
Always see him eating left over pizza or Chinese food and if its something home made its normally just spaghetti or some shit. He also drinks the shittiest beer you can buy.
He let's me drink his beer while I'm working though.
>>
If I was properly rich I'd hire a chef.
>>
>>7263227
Also just for the sheer fuck of saying you can I guess.

I know when I'm feeling pretty good I'll throw down an amount just to be "that asshole" but then I go home and cry about my life.

My fiancé's family is pretty well off and the only difference is the liquor choices and variety from time to time. Even then it's basic american "white people" food.
>>
File: seafoodplatter - Copy.jpg (374 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
seafoodplatter - Copy.jpg
374 KB, 1280x960
>>7262609
I got one of those platters a few months ago and I'm not rich
>>
File: 1424340971280.jpg (8 KB, 208x147) Image search: [Google]
1424340971280.jpg
8 KB, 208x147
>>7262635
>>
>>7263054
>Not that guy, but you can't be serious.
He isn't
>>
Grey Poupon
>>
I would have oyster feasts several times a week if I could afford it.
>>
>>7263180

It's just salty poor fags who can't even justify going out for a nice meal once a month.
>>
>>7263362
dude I'd hang with that lobster, guy looks chill af
>>
>>7262874
The answer is butter... because you are what you eat!
>>
>>7262609
Not very different from normal people.

How the fuck do you think I got rich? Not by daily eating oysters and caviare.

Shit gets boring after a while. Nothing better then some great French fries and mayo at home.
>>
>>7264601
Why are you so upset that people poorer than you exist?
>>
>>7264638

He's not.
He's questioning why people think they can't afford nice food when all it takes is a little budgeting.
>>
>>7262609
Out, they eat out.
>>
Torched fois gras, shaved truffle and filet mignon every day.

If I were rich I'd hire my friend to come cook and clean for me. She does that anyway when I stay at her place but god she's an amazing cook and she knows the good shit I like.
>>
I grew up rich and believe me we didn't eat too differently from normal people, just with the occasional expensive restaurant in-between.
>>
File: 31233879_1300x1733.jpg (972 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
31233879_1300x1733.jpg
972 KB, 1300x1733
>>7264649
Hire her as a bang-maid
>>
>>7262609

Money
>>
File: tumblr_mipaw3Gehp1rbat76o1_500.jpg (339 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mipaw3Gehp1rbat76o1_500.jpg
339 KB, 500x669
>>7265017
No.
Negroes with a lot of short-term cash and no savings eat money.
>>
>>7264634
>How the fuck do you think I got rich?
By inheriting?
>>
>>7262650
>facade successfully destroyed
>>
>>7263181
This is plebeian crap. Why not bread and lentils?
>>
>>7264625
>cultured

Wouldn't this be an extremely rich yogurt
>>
salty milk and coins
>>
>>7264642
Yeah, I'm definitely not rich but i eat hero's good food because i do mostly home cooked meals and eat out at really nice places a couple times a month.
Nice places are not the most expensive btw.
Local sushi place that's family owned and about $100 for two is waaaay better than ruths chris stupid over priced shit
>>
>>7265822
you go to ruth's chris for one reason and that is a fat ass steak with a really good sear on it

that's it

everything else there is shit
>>
>>7263287
One of my friends is really wealthy and they eat shit food all the time.
Her dad made dinner once, and it was onion rings, fried chicken, french fries, and fried pickles
He discovered they had two countertop deep fryers and got hella excited
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1000x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1000x456
>>7262609
Foods without high fructose corn syrup, locally grown veggies and poultry.

Pic related
>>
>>7262609
Old money mostly eats the same stuff actual cooking enthusiasts eat. Wholesome, minimally processed, balanced fare. Howeover they also indulge in luxury culinary items.

New money, however, regularly eats all that stupid shit associated with wealth and proclaim it proudly like it means something because new money are faggots.
>>
>>7263227

Depends on where you're going, etc. Some of the michelin star restaurants really are a different world that could be worth the money. I am talking about Noma, the fat duck (for all the cool shit), Jiro's, etc etc.
>>
>>7266014
>inheriting money is cool but making it yourself is lame

This meme needs to stop
>>
>>7266046
Not at all what that says. Suddenly being wealthy doesn't mean you have to act like a twat. Also, people who inherit money also make their own money
>>
>>7266110
'New Money' is basically a 17th century invention, when the European merchants started surpassing the aristocracy in wealth and the aristocrats came up with the bullshit excuse that the 'new' money didn't count because it's holders didn't have the right taste.
>>
hHhAHAHAHA I'm a son to a rich Mexican, my life is settttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
>>
>>7262686
I still cant tell if the posters on this board are being serious when they say all seafood is shit. I mean, I know people that dont like seafood but their are fucking morons.
>>
>>7266134
You're still mexican
>>
>>7266126
>'New Money' is basically a 17th century invention
So? Doesn't make the reality any less true. New money is reckless. Wet behind the ears. Those old farts were onto something.
>>
>>7266149
Yeah Bill Gates sure is reckless and tacky compared to Paris Hilton. It's basically a pyramid scam where you are asked to recognize their taste as superior and when you do you will still be considered a joke trying to fit in.
>>
>>7266149
Give me a break, it's just old fashioned elitism.
>>
File: elzar2_091004.png (17 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
elzar2_091004.png
17 KB, 416x416
Fish eggs, goose liver; the garbage parts of the animal
>>
>>7262609
Organic everything.
>>
File: TSI May-Cover.jpg (1 MB, 2250x3000) Image search: [Google]
TSI May-Cover.jpg
1 MB, 2250x3000
TRUMP STEAKS
>>
>>7266367
wait is that real??
>>
My older brother married the daughter of a ridiculously rich real estate developer down in Florida. He makes a rack of ribs for himself every day. Like literally, every single day. I don't actually know if he eats anything else at home; certainly seen him order nice shit when he takes us out to dinner at a Cuban place but I think the answer to "what do rich people eat" is "literally whatever they feel like because money doesn't matter".
>>
>>7262616
Probably this to be honest. I think only older rich people have taste. Trust fund babbys and the new rich are just ordinary slobs with lots of cash.
>>
>>7262629
Too bad all that red meat is going to fuck them up.Funny how you can be rich as shit and dumb as it as well.
>>
>>7262609
>fruits de mer
>american
>>
>>7262903

>hur dur u don't get rich by spending money rich people live sober as shit

This is the most retarded oldschool worthless saying in existence and I can't believe people still spout it. You have the cognitive capacity of a child or senile old woman.

OT:
I'm rich (started on six figures) enough. My parents are very rich, being a high-end judge and art-trader. When I grew up my parents both cooked 3-4 nights a week, very diverse though, yet not caviar stuffed oysters, just good and exotic. We went out for dinner a lot, 2 times a week sometimes. Not star-restaurants necessarily, just nice. We still do. I'll be doing the same. Don't care about a villa or two cars, just want to keep on living in luxury, like most people well off.
>>
They usually have personal chefs and shit come in and cook for them, but for the most part the families I've worked with will have like normal shit for breakfast and lunch, ceral and granola and that shit with sandwiches later. for dinner the chef actually comes in and makes something nice. But for the most part it's normal food with the luxury of all the meat being from the local butcher, all the cheese being from the dairy and all the vegetables being farm fresh. But I worked for a healthnut who was scared of bugs so ehh.
>>
I make a fair amount, far above what I could ever spend as a bachelor.

I mainly just eat what I like, which is seafood.
>>
>>7262650
You talk like a white girl. Get your shit together, Stacy.
>>
>>7266136
>cant
>dont
>their are
You shouldn't be the one to talk about being a moron, Anon.
>>
>>7266180
>New money is -overwhelmingly-* more reckless and obnoxious
I've known new money and old money. You're not gonna convince me.
>>
>>7265829
I'd rather get my own from the butcher and make it better
I was not impressed with their sear. It looked like it was broiled, no crust at all really
>>
File: hhhhhe.jpg (55 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhe.jpg
55 KB, 425x282
>4chan tries to talk about rich people
>nothing but sushi, steakhouses, and ruths chris
embarrassing
>>
File: Packaged-Meat-USDA-940x626.jpg (202 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
Packaged-Meat-USDA-940x626.jpg
202 KB, 940x626
>>7262609
Rich people eat healthy foods. My boss for example, his wife cooks brown rice and vegetables mostly. Someone gave him a gift of one of those mail order expensive steak packages he ended up giving them away at work.
However at the local ghetto grocery I see poor people with food stamps with two buggies mostly piled full of meat, more than I can afford to buy on my measly 50,000 a year salary.
So I think poor people eat like you think rich people would and rich people eat like you think poor people should
>>
When you're very rich, you can afford strange, new hobbies. Like cloning. Yourself. Repeatedly.
You also acquire strange, new tastes. Like exotic meats. Like human flesh? Like your /own/ human flesh? Could be.
>>
File: 1449170521466.jpg (480 KB, 1800x1325) Image search: [Google]
1449170521466.jpg
480 KB, 1800x1325
>>7266211
Beat me.
>>
>>7266046
If you behave with class, the source of your money doesn't matter.

It's just a fact of life people are bad with money by default. Give a person massive income out of nowhere and they are more likely than not spending that on useless crap. A person born into wealth is most likely taught how to deal with money by his parents.
>>
>>7267420
>A person born into wealth is most likely taught how to deal with money by his parents.
Ha, not very likely.

Most kids I've seen born into money just piss it all away unless the parents put limits on their spending.

The sad part is, kids born into money are sheltered from how the real world works since they generally have everything given to them. Nice clothes, fancy cars, completely paid for ivy league education, set up with a cushy low responsibility, high pay job at one of Daddy's companies, etc. Then they have their own kids and inherit the family riches and the cycle continues.
>>
>>7262609
Upper-middle class here, while not rich I just eat the same shit I did when I was poor with better ingredients when applicable.
>>
>>7262650
This aint facebook where you can just outcaste people with a little white girl rant "creepo" "weirdo" nah fuck off
>>
>>7263181
>rice and beans
>rich

You're not rich

if you were, you wouldn't care about how much you spend on food
>>
>>7267501
He's obviously American
Americans lap up the bullshit that they're all secret millionaires and that's why they have to support Trump
All the while having not the slightest clue how much more money rich people have and how this determines every aspect of their life from conception to processing of their dead body
>>
>>7267501
You don't know many rich people, do you.

Most of the people I've known who were loaded were notoriously tighwads about what they'd spend on food, excepting the occasional nice restaurant visit. Stop thinking the Trumps and rappers you see on TV are representative of all people with money.
>>
>>7262609
I'm not rich but more on the up side of upper middle class. I don't eat anything fancy for the most part, but i routinely will order like 4 different things when i order from a pizza place for example just for variety and i throw away whatever i don't eat. Like I'll get a salad, a pizza, a sub, and some sides and only eat a few bites of each then toss it all. It's rare that I'll ever save anything for leftovers. Also if i go to a restaurant sometimes I'll order two entrees and just eat a little of both.
>>
>>7267529
Just because many wealthy people observe some of the trappings of a more modest wealth bracket doesn't mean they are doing it to "hold on to their money". It's just a psychological game they play. I know a guy who does his own grocery shopping at Walmart and drives an old Taurus. He also casually mentions buying and selling jet planes the way you and I talk about replacing a light bulb (he is not in the aviation business, this is for his family's use). Sure he may be a "tightwad" in some respects but it's not because he genuinely is trying to save every penny.
>>
>>7266632
>rich people live sober as shit

Where the fuck are you getting this implication? And most working rich do not live on luxury goods nor throwing away money, and that's what that phrase means.
>>
>>7267529
Maybe our definitions of rich are different

Mark Zuck is rich, some hotshot who makes 150k USD is not rich
>>
>>7266632
>six figures is rich
Another six figures here. We are middle class, sorry.
>>
>>7267675
>>7266632
>6 figures is middle class

I knew it. But at what point does 6 figures not be middle class? 900k, 700k?
>>
>>7262609
The garbage parts of the food
>>
>>7267670
>making 3x more than someone who can easily get by
>not rich
Sure thing buck-o
>>
>>7267684
I'd say middle class becomes upper-middle class when you're getting into the $200k+ salary range.

Upper class is when you get into the top 1-2% area, usually as a result of inheriting family estate assets.
>>
All the 'rich' people I ever knew always ate out at restaurants.
Too busy to cook, too poor to afford personal chefs/grocery runners, but not poor enough so as not to be able to shell $50~80 a night for food prepared for them at a decent place. Or just buy garbage Chinese takeout like the majority of other rich folk itt.
>>
>>7267636

Drinking bud light or free only implies living sober, at least that's how I interpreted it. The fact that rich people don't 'spend' money is utter bullshit, is what I'm trying to say. And I am not a beerdrinker but I won't go cheap if there's a better alternative - so I didn't grasp the saying.

>>7267675
I'm in my twenties, childless and thus have an amount of disposable income that would make me classify myself as rich. I'm not the 1%, no, but that's more 'filthy rich' than 'rich'. It's arguably a relative term. Friends of my parents live in a castle which is worth over 5 million, but they don't have a lot of disposable money (until they sell the thing) so I'd say I 'live richer' than they do, you understand? If I had a non-working wife and three children I'd probably be placed somewhere middle or maybe slightly upper-middle class.

>>7267710
But if this is you too we are just handling a different interpretation of the term. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just makes the term 'rich' apply to that one percent I mentioned beforehand.
>>
>>7267689
That's upper middle, not upper. I know because that's what I was growing up and will be in a few years.
I know plenty of upper middle class people, being that it's my social caste, and a handful of truly upper class people, both old and new money. I know some truly middle and lower-middle class people, too. However, were my family really rich, the majority of people I know would be upper class with a few upper middle and next to none below that.

It's just how things are. People of certain classes tend to run in similar circles because despite what we'd like to believe, socioeconomic class makes a huge mark on one's interests and interests play an enormous role in what sort of friends you'd keep.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.