[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that one recipe you tried because you wanted to make something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>that one recipe you tried because you wanted to make something different for once, but either by your error or the recipe's it turned out horrible
Tell me about it, /ck/. It always makes me feel like such a piece of shit.
>>
Lemon chicken.
>>
>>7262450
My culinary kryptonite is mac n' cheese, and any form of fried potato.

The directions are simple, and I should be able to do it, but it always ends in tears.
>>
>>7262873
>Mac n cheese
Wow I didn't expect this as an answer. Is it the bechamel that stumps you, the adding cheese to taste, what? It's possibly the easiest dish I could imagine.
>>
>>7262879
No fucking idea, I make a great mornay, but it either turns out completely flat and uninspired, or (once trying to improve on that) too fatty/greasy/thick. I honestly get a better result doing the quick and dirty method of stirring in shredded cheese to the noodles than doing a proper sauce.
>>
>>7262450
Fucking hollandaise
>>
Fuckin bourbon bacon jam. All I could taste was bourbon and onion/shallots was horrible.
>>
Tried making this after watching the special features on the Once Upon a Time in Mexico DVD. I've never been more underwhelmed by a meal in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrw5FkLutWk
>>
>>7262450
Baba ghanoush

All of them good, none of them great. I prefer the baba sold at my favorite gyro joint.
>>
Slow cooked barbeque ribs, not that they were awful so much that they were extremely blandly sorta sweet.
>>
Fish and chips. The first piece of fish I put in, it got burnt in about 20 seconds. The second piece of fish was left in the oil for about 5 minutes, but the middle of the fish was RAW.
>>
File: 7689012951251.jpg (109 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
7689012951251.jpg
109 KB, 600x450
Everything.
>>
File: 1437547270083.jpg (88 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1437547270083.jpg
88 KB, 854x859
Found a recipe for some really nice, quick old fashioned drop biscuits.
I misread and used baking soda instead of baking powder.
They came out of the oven looking so golden and perfect, but then I took a bite.
I'd made a bunch of them too.
I don't think i've ever been so depressed after that
>>
>>7262450
I tried to make corndogs a few times as a young teen, the batter always feel off my dogs, ended up with a deep fried hotdog and fried batter, never tried as an adult.

Second was mac n cheese again as a young teen, I thought I followed the directions perfectly, but in the end the sauce was gritty and mealy as fuck. That was the biggest let down in my cooking history. Everything else I'm on point, cept charcoal barbecuing. I'm pretty bad at that
>>
>>7262450
Pan cooked steaks, I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to get it right ever. Sauce based food? Acing that shit right off the bat, Desserts? Easymodo. Steaks? I hope you rubber or red enough to essentially be raw because that's the only way it's going to turn out.
>>
>>7262450
>making buckwheat, white cheese, onion and bacon stuffed pierogis for the first time
>reciepy calls for x grams of buckwheat grits
>cook the buckwheat
>put all the ingridients for the stuffing in a bowl and mix
>turns out I have a bowl filled up with just the buckwheat and just a speckle of the rest of ingridients here and there
>this can't be right
>check the recipe again
> no mention wether grits were meant to be weighted before or after being cooked
>who the fuck puts the weight of cooked grits in a recipe anyway
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.