[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you aren't doing dishes immediately after eating then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1071
If you aren't doing dishes immediately after eating then you're doing wrong.
>>
I don't always do them immediately after I eat, sometimes an hour or two later, sometimes if I'm feeling particularly lazy or tired I just rinse them off and leave them in the sink to do the next day.

I never let dirty dishes stack up for days or weeks at a time though.
>>
>>7262068
If you aren't doing dishes while you cook, then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7262068
If you are doing dishes instead of having your slave do them for you then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7262087
I second this. Getting your dishes done while you cook helps make the meal feel better and you don't have to worry about them later.
>>
>>7262087
Damn right, muh nignog! I'm rinsing and dumping those pots and pans in the dishwasher, as soon as I empty them onto my plate. Then with the plates, as soon as they're empty.
>>
If it fits in the dishwasher then its dishwasher safe.
>>
dishwasher in my apartment has been broken for 6 months. Too lazy to inform someone and get it fixed. Does washing stuff by hand save water or waste more than a dishwasher?
>>
Pfft. I wash all my dishes maybe once a fortnight. Otherwise I just rinse them off after use, and wash only what I need on each occasion.
>>
>>7262068
The correct way depends on what you're making exactly, but it's usually easiest to just rinse out whatever shit you just used and load it in the dish washer.
I'm not going to put off the dinner I've been making for an hour just to do another 15/25 minutes of hand washing like some of you freaks do.
>>
>>7262194
If you do it right, it'll use less. Have one side of your sink full of dirty dishes you've already pre-washed with your hand and dish soap, to get rid of all the fucking oil and grease from whatever. You don't want to put your nice clean sponge on something that massively dirty, or you'll just be wiping like ranch dressing and olive oil on your next dishes.

So, prewashed left side (you prewash dishes as you're through with them). Scrubbed clean and soaped up right side. Wash dishes, place in right side until there's a full sink. Rinse off soap, put in dish drainer.

I'm such a stickler for decent sponges I bring my own to friends houses because I know those fags like to leave them soaking in tomato sauce water
>>
>>7262218
I don't know what someone like you thinks he's doing calling other people fags.
>>
>>7262218
As far as sponges go I just microwave mine for 2 minutes almost every time before I use it. Get's rid of most microorganisms and helps increase the lifespan. Obviously wet with water before or you'll just start a fire
>>
>>7262087
literally this! Plenty of time to clean things you just used while cooking.
>>
dishwasher or hand wash?
>>
File: 1426087031902.jpg (136 KB, 633x700) Image search: [Google]
1426087031902.jpg
136 KB, 633x700
>>7262068
I know
>>
>>7262087
mein negger
>>
>>7262254
This made me laugh.
>>
>>7262218
literally ANY modern dishwasher will use water and power more efficiently than your 'spergy ass, Monica
>>
>>7262254
Is this bait? Guys? Fuck it, i'm trying this
>>
I always clean the object or the are that i have used while cooking so that i dont have to do it in the end when my food is hot and ready to be served. Also after diner is the time to relax, not to do dishes
>>
>>7262405
So I'm guessing you eat off disposable paper plates and use plastic cutlery?
>>
>>7262211
15-25 minutes? Do you have carpal tunnel?
10 minutes, TOPS.
>>
>not leaving them to soak while you're eating dinner so they're easier to clean
>then wash plates and cutlery too
>I don't know why I'm greentexting
I find that standing (over a sink doing dishes) immediately after eating helps with digestion.
>>
>>7262424
>>7262211
> a step in a recipe takes some time
> clean the dishes you just used while you wait
is this that hard?
>>
>>7262441
You must not make anything elaborate, OR you cross contaminate a lot of things you shouldn't. It's fine to do a one pot stew or chili, but you shouldn't do that with spaghetti.
>>
I usualy let dirty dishes stack up until the sight of the shameful pile disgusts me so much I walk away from it. Then when I see any sort of growth taking hold on the putrid stacks, I spray it down with lysol and continue to ignore it until I am completely out of clean dishes that I am forced to eat out on a day that I don't want to leave the house. That's usualy when I wash 40%-70% of the dirty dishes.
>>
>>7262488
again please see
>>7262469
>>
>>7262068
True. I'd rather spend 1 minute than spend 1 hour cleaning the dishes from all the week.
>>
>>7262469
But what about the plates and cutlery that you used to eat off? Hence the query about using disposable items. Or do you do the dishes twice? Wash cooking equipment before dinner, and then wash eating dishes later. Seems inefficent and a waste of water.

Personally I rinse my knife and cutting board while I'm waiting for things to cook, then leave pots and pans to soak while I'm eating dinner and then wash them with my plates and cutlery after dinner.
>>
>>7262068
Thats nothing. When they start overflowing into other rooms of your house then you start having some troubles
>>
>>7262068
>I never let dirty dishes stack up for days or weeks at a time though.
>>7262087

I do a combination of both.
I always keep a couple plates and glasses clean, but I only wash large kitchenware when I'm about to use them.

It's a fragile balance, but it works.
>>
File: 1442450042195.gif (967 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442450042195.gif
967 KB, 500x281
>mfw when i live in an apartment with no dishwasher, poor plumbing and no garbage disposal.
>>
>Cook meal
>before serving start cleaning
>"Leave it anon, I'l do it later, come and eat"
>leave water in soap at bottom and leave on side so its easier later
>next day
>still not cleaned

Fuck these people that insist you push everything back and avoid it just like they do then never end up fucking doing it.
>>
>>7263484
>tfw dorm room with mold everywhere, common kitchen with no space for things
Dishwashers are quite a luxury anon.
>>
>>7263484
>>7263507

>Had to chose between two apartments when moving to study, one with its own bathroom and shared a ktichen while the eother one had its own kitchen and shared bathroom
>Chose the one with its own kitchen
>Can cook whatever the fuck I want in my own pace without having to worry about other people stealing my shit, clogging up the sink or leaving mountains of unwashed dirty dishes everywhere

I can't belive I even considered the other apartment. You spend like 15 minutes a day in the bathroom while you can spend hours in your kitchen.
>>
>>7262068
what about drying the dishes though? Air dry or wipe?
>>
>not cleaning while you cook

lrn2multi-task
>>
>>7262068
>he doesn't wash dishes while cooking

Sort your life out m8.
>>
>>7262068

>not having staff to do it for you

Pleb.
>>
My wife's son LeDarious always leaves his damn dishes in the sink.
>>
>>7264353
great post.

good luck with the future you are attracting with statements like that.
>>
>Not doing all the dishes apart from plate & cutlery as you cook

lmao, stay pleb.
>>
>not washing your sponge
Fucking kids straight out of highschool and into college.
>>
>>7262175
TRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>7264546
i do a combination of this and >>7262068
depending on how quick the dish I'm making cooks
>>
>>7265069
*takes to cook
>>
>>7262068
IF YOU DONT DO DISHES YOU ARE NOT DOING DRAG!
>>
Wow. I didn't know there were so many women on /ck/.
>>
>>7262068

>plebians without a dishwasher
How does it feel to be a literal child?
>>
>>7262087
This is how I do it as well.
>>
File: los car.png (147 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
los car.png
147 KB, 425x282
>>7264353

That sucks for you, but for the rest of us it's HeLarious
>>
File: rock_decal_shopify_grande.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rock_decal_shopify_grande.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
>dishes
>>
>>7265464
>Needing a machine to do easy tasks
lmafo
>>
>>7262087
Why nobody does this is beyond me. Everyone in my immediate circle has a pile of cookware by the time they are done cooking. There's actually a lot of waiting involved in cooking but some people just stare at the food while it's cooking.
>>
File: keklo.gif (195 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
keklo.gif
195 KB, 720x540
>>7265563
>>
>>7265516
God fucking dammit carlos.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.